“Mediocre at best” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Mediocre at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

I wouldn't stay here again. Pretty much the same reviews as others: bed was HARD, carpet was worn, bathtub---ugh! (very old, outdated, moldy-stained grout). We had a coffee maker but no coffee pot. We had an ironing board that wouldn't collapse after we put it up. A couple of the outlets (and there weren't an abundance!) did not work, so it was a "treasure" hunt to find a place to plug in chargers, the iron, etc. No bed bugs. The lobby "breakfast" offering was watered-down coffee, juice and cold cereal. At check-in the "business center" was pointed out to us as a feature (a PC and printer at a desk in the lobby), but the next day when I needed to print one page, the printer had no ink. Although we could not hear voices, it was easy to hear adjoining doors slamming throughout the night.

I would stay here again if the price tag were about $18.88/night. No more.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Super8Pasadena, Webmaster at Super 8 Pasadena/LA Area, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing super8pasadena.com for your recent stay in our area.

•Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.
•Maintenance was informed of the non-working outlets in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to their repair.
•Maintenance was informed of the problem with the ironing board in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.
•Maintenance was informed of the lack of ink in the printer in the lobby and instructed to see to it being supplied.
•Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.
•Maintenance was informed of the missing coffee pot in the room assigned to you and instructed to see that it is replaced.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at super8pasadena.com. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be very pleased.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Besides the rooms being worn and the rugs being dirty, they have a wasp infestation at this hotel! There were wasps coming in from the light fixtures in the bathroom and the vanity area. My husband and I spent hours swatting wasps! We counted about 20 wasps in all in the few hours were were there. We advised the hotel staff at the front desk, along with a sample of about 10 wasps. They were no help at all. The hotel employee did not offer to resolve the situation and basically used the excuse that the manager was not there at the time and we would have to return the next day. We checked out the same day. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing super8pasadena.com for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry about your encounter with wasps.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of an infestation of wasps in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into it and see to any needed extermination.
• Front desk staff received additional instruction in the courteous, helpful way in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at super8pasadena.com. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Pasadena hotels

Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

Want a 1 star hotel? this is it!
Room carpet was destroyed, no cold water available from faucets, iron marks and many stains in carpet. needed 3 pillows stacked to get right neck positon. breakfast consists of a loaf of bread and 2 types of cereal both stale from non-use. Can hear everything that goes on in rooms beside below and above you. Loudest plumbing ever. But descent cable which was needed to help shut out noise from other guests. Could even here a couple having sex...Not a family place.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing super8pasadena.com for your recent stay in our area.

• Management and maintenance were informed of your report that the carpet in the room assigned to you is destroyed and were instructed to look into the matter and see to any needed replacement.
• Maintenance was informed of no cold water in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any needed repair.
• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.
• Maintenance was informed of loud plumbing noises and instructed to look into the matter and see to any needed repairs.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at super8pasadena.com. We take our reviews, very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

Booked my room via the hotel's website. Driving instructions on website were incorrect and listed the wrong exit off the freeway. Luckily, I used to live in the area or I would have been very lost. On check-in I told the clerk and he argued with me about it! He finally admitted I was right but said it was the corporate website. It was obvious he was not going to do anything about it. I had the same misunderstanding about the $20 per night pet charge as have others! The clerk informed me I had to stay in a smoking room if I had a pet. The room STUNK! I refused. I drove west on Colorado and quickly found the Saga Motel which allows pets for much less and the room was nicer. Oh, I was also not allowed to use the bathroom in the lobby after along car trip.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Dear WAM61

Thank you for your attempt to stay at super8pasadena.com during your recent stay in our area.

• Management and desk staff were approached about the courtesy of allowing valued guests who had by the company’s website to use the bathroom in the lobby.
• Management was approached about the problem with the driving instructions on the hotel’s website.
• Desk staff received additional training concerning the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again decide to stay at super8pasadena.com. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Pasadena, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

My mom and sisters stayed at this hotel when they were visiting me. They found a huge bed bug infestation in their beds the first night. They switched rooms for the second night but still had problems with bed bugs! The searched the mattresses in the second room and found a rotting piece of fruit underneath the mattress. They complained to the management but they didn't even offer to reduce their rate! This place needs to be shut down until they can take care of their bug problem.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank ashemorry
Dear Guest,

Please extend my thanks to your mom and sisters for choosing super8pasadena.com for their recent visit with you. I am very glad that we were here to be available for this family visit.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of bedbugs in the room assigned to your family members. Then were instructed to see to any necessary extermination.
• Management was approached about this situation and it was discussed about what could be done to in some way compensate guests who were subjected to this sort of horror.

I hope that the next time your mom and sisters visit our area, they will once again choose to stay at super8pasadena.com. We take your review very seriously, and I think they will be greatly pleased.

SF
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

Booked a room here for 2 nights while visiting my sister in Pasadena. The room was FILTHY! and I've stayed at my fair share of budget motels. Here's an itemized list of what they didn't provide:
- cold water for shower
- decent blankets
- sound proofing of pipes
Instead, I got:
- attitude from housekeeping
- flea bites (FLEA BITES!!!)
- runaround from manager.

I could've saved the money I spent here and slept on the street for a more comfortable stay.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

• Liked — Leaving.
  • Disliked — Remembering that I paid money to stay here.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Samagonistes
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing super8pasadena.com for your recent stay in our area. I hope that your visit with your sister was a great one.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of a lack of cold water in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to the needed repair.
• Housekeeping received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.
• Manager received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.
• Maintenance was informed of your report of flea bites and instructed to look into the matter and see to any need extermination.

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2008

Pretty much exactly what I expected for $75 a night in Pasadena California. OK bed, clean enough, TV worked fine. The window faced east so I expected to get blasted by sunlight in the morning but the drapes worked great and kept the room nice and dark. My only real complaint was that the bathroom's showerhead spray was cheezy, which seems to be very common in lower end hotels. Staff was alright too.

I usually only comment on places if they suck, but now I figure I should sound off about good stuff too.

• Liked — Location and price, plus free wireless internet
  • Disliked — The shower
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank PreferredCustomer