“Room Service Food terrible”

The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
san francisco
“Room Service Food terrible”
Reviewed February 26, 2011

The last time we stayed at this property it was the Ritz so we had high expectations as our last stay was absolutely perfect. However, this stay was disappointing unfortunately. The pool is now surrounded by rooms so close you can just about shake hands with those standing on their balconies. Our room was comfortable, nothing special. No coffee maker. We had to walk over an outside bridge, back inside the main building, though vast hallways, out to the valet area outside to get morning coffee. We reached it, freezing cold, and there were no cups and no coffee left. Someone went for more and it was 20 minutes before it was replenished. And when it was they were the tiniest cups imaginable. I mean, come on, really? We paid over $200 for our room and this is all you can provide? Room service arrived promptly but the food was horrible: caesar salad, tons of lettuce, boring. Salmon was overcooked, embedded in this horrible thick puree...yuck. Even the breakfast we ordered had so much pepper over the hash browns they could not be eaten. Food quality should be stellar for a hotel of this type. Overall, a disappointing experience.

1 Thank jdp888

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Wilmette, Illinois
Reviewed February 24, 2011

We planned to visit our son in LA. We usually stay downtown...but it was the NBA all-star game weekend, and there were no rooms anywhere...so my son suggested staying in Pasadena. Went online and found the Langham. We stayed on the club floor. The food was delicious and breakfast,snacks, all drinks and an incredible cocktail hr were included. We were upgraded to a corner room with amazing views. All of the staff, from the valets' to the club floor servers were great. Expensive? Perhaps, but we were treated like royalty.
The evening appetizers were plentiful enough to serve as dinner. We will never stay downtown again. I took a great yoga class at the spa, also included. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We will never stay downtown again.

1 Thank Rho-dog
Azusa, California
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Ive spent the last 2 anniversaries here at the langham and i've got to say this second time around was amazing. We got the club level king on the 7th floor complete with a dedicated concierge and access to the club level lounge, not to mention a balcony that overlooks this beautiful property. I just want to thank adina and eva for being ever so helpful. The service is top notch and we were inclined to stay in and not leave the property during our entire stay! We had the option of enjoying what pasadena had to offer but were impressed with the terrace the tap room, the club level lounge and the royce. i highly recommend this property and getting club access and i never write reviews!! thanks guys great service!

1 Thank umagafresh
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed February 22, 2011

The Langham Huntington is an amazing combination of elegance and home-like comfort. The beautiful grounds, the festive weekend evenings of weddings, the quiet and incredibly comfortable rooms, and the very attentive staff, all make for an unusual and wonderful hotel. I go way out of my way to stay here when I am visiting the area.

I have two minor but nonetheless important (to me) criticisms from my last visit. First, the hotel really needs to put coffeemakers in the rooms. The trek from the lanai room where I prefer to stay (overlooking the pool) to the front desk, is just ridiculous to have to do for one's morning coffee, particularly when one is fetching coffee for more than one (no tray holders, you have to balance coffee cups for a five-minute walk back to your room) when it would be so much nicer to be able to curl up with coffee or tea early in the morning without getting dressed or having the cost and intrusion of room service. Related to this was the late or non-delivery of the morning papers to the rooms. (didn't come until 8:45 on Sunday, and not at all before I had to leave on Monday morning). I realize that these seem like trivial complaints, and yet they are a big part of one's leisurely vacation mornings, and detracted from an otherwise lovely stay. (my 4th at this hotel)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank patientcat
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Back in 2008 myself and mum booked our first holiday to Los Angeles. We hunted the internet for hotels, and came across the Langham who had an excellent special offer at the time.

We arrived at the hotel after our 11 hour flight from London, and were immediately helped with our luggage from the taxi, our bags were taken on a trolley immediately and we were checked in by the friendly staff in no time.

Our room was beautiful, ground floor, 2 really comfy double beds, a desk, huge bathroom with a separate bath and shower. The doors from the bed room open up onto a patio and lawn area.

The breakfast at the Langham is always faultless. My favourite buffet is out of this world.

The staff have a wonderful way of being extremely helpful and non intrusive at the same time.

We went out into Pasadena on one day by public transport and had trouble getting a taxi home later in the day, we called the hotel concierge to ask if they could call us a taxi and they sent out a member of staff to collect us.

I have travelled the world, stayed in some of the best hotels... but nothing will ever compare to this hotel! Infact if they'd let me I'd quite happily move in :)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kegan5
aussie in usa
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Stayed here for four days in January 2011. Such a beautiful hotel. Very old world with modern facilities. To compensate for the remote location the hotel had a shuttle service which was fantastic.Our room was lovely with a beautiful view BUT we were not aware that the hotel has a policy where dogs are permitted in rooms, so we did not appreciate the DOG in the room next door during the second half of our stay. Barking during the night and waking us up. However, our complaints were handled professionally and promptly After the first night ,we were given a $50 credit to use in the hotel. The next night when it recurred, were offered another room but after 3 nights in that room we didn't want to move from our room. I would have preferred the dog to have been moved, or even better, not to have dogs allocated near rooms that have no animals. Despite our problems, we had a great stay and would still recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Canandaigua, NY
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I was here for a 3 day conference. My room was lovely and overlooked the Horseshoe garden and I had a beautiful view of the sunset each evening. A friend that stayed in another part of the hotel had a much more basic room and was suprised at the difference in our rooms. There is no in room coffee maker, which is no fun when you arrive from the east coast and are awake at 5 am. There is coffee available in the lobby but 2 of the mornings I was there, the urns were empty and guests were cranky. I also don't like paying for internet and is not wireless so you have to sit at the desk in your room to go online. Many in my conference were surprised by the old style TVs, but that is not a big deal for me. There were nearby restaurants, but not any within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ber5408
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasadena
The Westin Pasadena
Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles? Share your experiences!