“Beautiful grounds and amenities, but inconvenient location”

The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Stayed here for four days in January 2011. Such a beautiful hotel. Very old world with modern facilities. To compensate for the remote location the hotel had a shuttle service which was fantastic.Our room was lovely with a beautiful view BUT we were not aware that the hotel has a policy where dogs are permitted in rooms, so we did not appreciate the DOG in the room next door during the second half of our stay. Barking during the night and waking us up. However, our complaints were handled professionally and promptly After the first night ,we were given a $50 credit to use in the hotel. The next night when it recurred, were offered another room but after 3 nights in that room we didn't want to move from our room. I would have preferred the dog to have been moved, or even better, not to have dogs allocated near rooms that have no animals. Despite our problems, we had a great stay and would still recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed January 24, 2011

I was here for a 3 day conference. My room was lovely and overlooked the Horseshoe garden and I had a beautiful view of the sunset each evening. A friend that stayed in another part of the hotel had a much more basic room and was suprised at the difference in our rooms. There is no in room coffee maker, which is no fun when you arrive from the east coast and are awake at 5 am. There is coffee available in the lobby but 2 of the mornings I was there, the urns were empty and guests were cranky. I also don't like paying for internet and is not wireless so you have to sit at the desk in your room to go online. Many in my conference were surprised by the old style TVs, but that is not a big deal for me. There were nearby restaurants, but not any within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ber5408
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Great hotel, great service!! Addressed by name. Incredible hotel. Beautiful grounds. Clean rooms. Good food.

Reviewed December 26, 2010

This was my second time at the Langham Huntington and it was fantastic. I would recommend getting the ground floor rooms because they have direct access to the outdoors. The room was larger on the ground floor too. Bathroom was pretty big and the bed was comfortable. However, I would expect them to have two bigger beds considering it's 5 star status. Room service was great as they came right on time. Parking was also very fast too. If you visit the Langham often, I would highly recommend joining their 1865 club.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2010

When you first pull into the Langham Huntington, you have this sense of awe because of the grand enormity of the hotel grounds. Simply put, it's a very large hotel in a quiet, high class neighborhood. With the high ratings and reviews, my girlfriend and I had very high expectations for this hotel. Well, to say the very least... it wasn't quite what we expected.

First, we booked a larger room... but we were given a downgraded room for the same price. We tried to clear it up with the front desk, but no success. Second, the rooms were very out-dated and smelled of old people (whatever that means). i literally felt like I handed the keys to my Delorean with the valet staff and stepped back in time. I could tell the place was very elegant for its time... and it's still very nice today... but now there's an added "The Shining" creepy feel to it. Lastly, the walk from the front entrance to the elevator and eventually our room probably took about ten minutes. I don't know if they have a fitness center, but I considered the walk alone a workout.

I don't know if I would recommend this hotel. If you're over forty-five... go for it, if you're under forty... forget about it... and if you're somewhere in-between, I have nothing to say to you.

1  Thank SoCalCowboy
Reviewed December 11, 2010

The last night before we headed back home from our vacation we stayed at the Langham. The cost was more than we usually pay for a hotel stay, but it was a wonderful evening and well worth the splurge for us! The lounge was terrific, cozy, romantic, quiet, comfy, and relaxing! The room was large and spacious with a comfortable bed. I love big pillows and could have used an extra though. Room service was very tasty and about what we would spend at home when we go out for a nice dinner. The view from the 6th floor was fabulous. We watched the palms sway in the wind as the lightening flashed in the distance by the mountains! It was awesome. The staff was so attentive from the bellman, Fredrick, who showed us to our room, to the room service attendant, and the staff member who actually brought us ice to our room!

Reviewed November 29, 2010

My wife and I took our daughter to the Langham for a weekend getaway. It's such a beautiful hotel. It's off the beaten path, and there isn't much to really do here, but it's so relaxing and peaceful. If you're looking to get out of the city for a night or two, try this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasadena
The Westin Pasadena
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Hilton Pasadena
#5 of 31 in Pasadena

Been to The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles? Share your experiences!