“Great hotel!”

The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed April 18, 2006

Have stayed several times over the past 3 months for business. Beautiful hotel with great service. From valet, front desk, room service... everyone is very friendly and helpful. Free workout room has many machines, some free weights, and work out classes. Valet parking is 25$/night. I don't think there is a self-park. Free internet and printing in business center. In room wireless and wired internet 9.95/day. Beds have down comforters and down pillow top, which are very comfortable. The pool is very nice. Will be planning to go back soon!

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank Garrett M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,956)

Reviewed March 30, 2006

I grew up in Pasadena and have been coming to this hotel for one reason or another for decades. Now that I live out of the area, I find solace in the grand, old-world feeling of this hotel when visiting family in the area. The rooms in the main building (where you want to stay) overlook the hotel gardens (where thousands of weddings have been performed) and the valley of San Gabriel beyond. The beds are to die for! The pool scene is not flashy and not noisy yet comfortable; with food and beverage service. The hotel's public rooms are huge, beautifully decorated and furnished and open onto large terraces for relaxing and taking in the views. The Friday and Saturday evening blues/jazz concerts are a must see!!! The main Dining Room has very good food (although somewhat oblivious service...pour the wine, please!). Finally, the spa and gym are truly the best way to end (begin?) one's day. In a city lacking much history beyond 50 years ago such as Los Angeles, the Huntington and the surrounding neighborhood are to be revered. I know of very few other places to stay in LA that are as nice, honestly.

Stayed: January 2006
1  Thank ricardoanddinah
Reviewed March 27, 2006

The Ritz-Carlton Pasadena is a fabulous property that used to be our "better home" away from home: when the world was too busy and we needed a change of pace, we would go there and start to breathe again the moment we pulled up to the driveway. Everything was beautiful, classy, and quiet. The staff is super professional, mature and stable. We have stayed at several other Ritz Carlton properties and the Ritz Pasadena was always the one the other RC's had to compete with in our minds (and inevitably came short...). In particular, the club lounge is heads and shoulders above any other RC lounge in terms of food displays, personal attention, style, and service.

This hotel used to have an aura of classy and timeless charm and elegance that has pretty much disappeared since the VERY unfortunate recent "renovation" - meaning that now this hotel on the inside looks like a Hilton, mixed with a Westin, with Caesar's Palace gold & black mirrors near the elevators, and gold painted walls. The tea room was remodeled by someone who obviously has never drunk high tea in his/her life -leopard print on the sofas, seats too low, bizarre color theme... made me cry while drinking my tea.

In any case, this is still a great place, but it is now "just" another great hotel with a decor that does not match the location/the setting/the architecture, instead of being the place we always wanted to come back to. I think the RC Pasadena used to be the most Ritz Carlton of any RC property, and it is very sad that it was not allowed to remain untouched...

• Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank ManuelleC
Reviewed March 23, 2006

I stay at the ritz 3/4 times a year for business, and I have to say it is absolutely great. Non only a terrific location, but service and food is very good. Maybe a bit too "old" style, but apart from this everything else is great. The pool is fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2006

I have stayed at this property several times because I love the location and the beautiful gardens that are exclusive to this hotel, however, I have experienced dissapointing service with each visit and I don't anticipate going back. Just recently, I felt like getting away from the westside for one night, so I checked in. The stay was pleasant and comfortable, but it took 90 minutes and two phone calls for the bellman to bring my bag to my room after I checked in!

The next weekend I was back for a sleepover with some friends and I booked the two-story "Tournament of Roses" suite since all the good westside hotel suites were booked for the Oscars the next day. During the night, my friends and I were hanging out in the room and felt like a snack so we ordered room service. Upon ordering, I was informed that one of the items I requested would not be prepared by the chef because it was 11pm and dinner items were not served past 10:30. WHAT! Hello! I am staying in the PRESIDENTIAL SUITE and all I am asking for is some freaking chicken satay after 10:30pm! I was totally shocked that the woman taking my order was so rude and unaccomodating. After making several phone calls and being forced to call the night manager, we were finally given authorization to order the chicken satay. We waited for nearly 90 minutes until the chicken, fries, and veggies finally showed up. I was not surprised to find that the chicken was totally dried out and inedible. Utterly unacceptable. Definitely not the type of service I expected to receive from the Ritz Carlton. What a disappointment.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank jenagar
Reviewed October 25, 2005

I stayed at the Ritz Sep. 21 - 25, 2005 (Room #456) for a conference. The room view is overlooking the back of the hotel - the Horseshoe Garden - with large palm trees and well manicured lawns. Check in was fast and easy. The room has a king bed with down pillows and comforter, but no top sheet which I found odd. There is a desk and easy chair available as well. The marble bathroom is very large with one sink, excellent water pressure, bathrobes, and large towels. The shampoo, lotion, bath gel, etc. is fabulous! I was slightly disappointed that there is no hand-towel bar next to the sink and the caulk/grout is getting moldy. There is a magnifying mirror in the bathroom along with a hair-dryer as well. Any fingerprints left on the mirror, faucets, etc. were wiped away daily. The room was always clean and turn down service was done each evening. The concierge did an excellent job obtaining my rental car, which was delivered and picked up from the hotel, as well as providing directions to Hollywood, Beverly Hills and Santa Monica. Every single employee always had a good morning, afternoon, or evening available, and used my name when given the opportunity. I heard the main dining room is excellent and reservations are a must. There is a dress code for both restaurants - no jeans at dinner. The Terrace Restaurant offered excellent service and my dinner was delicious - pricy though. Their Sunday Brunch Buffet looked amazing. Room service was prompt. The conference services were excellent with well tasting, hot food. Service was excellent by all staff. This is a good hotel for busines and leisure travelers, you won't be dissapointed.

3  Thank TPI1400