My parents were in town to visit for one night and I booked them a room at the Langham Huntington. My wife and I had stayed here on our wedding night when it was a Ritz Carlton seven years ago and I knew that the style of the hotel was perfect for them. I booked directly through the hotel and got them the Summer Escape package which included continental breakfasts in The Terrace restaurant and valet parking.
They were given room 101 which was a floor below the 2nd floor lobby. At first I was a little concerned but when I saw their room and how happy they were with it, I knew that they had been given a great room. It was at the end of the hall which was a little bit of a walk, but meant they had an end room with windows on three walls and two double doorways that walked out to a sitting area, lounge chairs, and the main lawn on the south side of the hotel. They were in town from Arizona and were so happy with how green the landscaping was the moment they walked out the door.
They spent a lot of time outside on the property and loved the landscaping at the Japanese garden as well. When I was there we walked on the Picture Bridge but I was disappointed to see that the paintings had been taken down. Possibly for maintenance? Hopefully they'll be back up soon and my parents will get a chance to see them the next time they are in town.
They loved the large room with the king bed and spacious desk along with the large marble bathroom. The package included breakfast which they said was wonderful. When they called before checking out they told me that they didn't want to leave, which was great to hear.
The staff at the hotel were incredibly friendly and polite and added to the charm of the hotel. Do not hesitate to book the Langham Huntington.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capturing the grace and elegance of a bygone era, The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles is located at the base of the picturesque San Gabriel Mountains, just nine miles north of downtown Los Angeles in beautiful Pasadena. Located on 23 acres with grand historic ballrooms and gardens, the landmark hotel features delectable dining, the award-winning Chuan Spa and a number of recreational choices such as tennis programming, fitness classes, swimming and nearby golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles Hotel Pasadena
- Langham Huntington Hotel
- The Langham Huntington Hotel