“Landmark Hotel with Beautiful Grounds, Rooms and Ambiance”

The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Found a new gem in South Pasadena that's been around since the early 1900's. From the property, staff, service and layout....EVERYTHING was FLAWLESS. Meals and drinks at the bars and Tavern were a bit pricey, but well worth the expense...for the experience. Must come back to try the Sunday Brunch and bring my sisters to the Tea Room.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear StevieBSantaMonica,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel... from the beautiful grounds, rooms and ambiance, to the service provided by our wonderful team.

Please know that I will share your kind words with our team who will be so pleased to know their service had such an impact on your stay.

We very much look ward to welcoming you back for Sunday Brunch and Afternoon Tea!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have stayed here over 20 times. This last visit over the last week was even better than before. The hotel seems to have undergone a sprucing up and the staff is in top shape. This is a large, yet quiet and intimate hotel with plenty of places to get lost. The incredible pool area is surrounded by trees and now does bbq on certain days. Cocktail service by the pool can be slow but the bar is right there so you can self serve. The rooms and housekeeping are among the best. Very comfortable and serene. I would never stay near Old Town if in Pasadena. The hotels are sterile and loud. This is the best of both worlds. Great facility and they have a shuttle to Old Town and shopping. The Royce is a great restaurant and the Tap Room outdoor patio is one of the most beautiful places to have a cocktail or snacks. You feel like you are in a grand estate with amazing grounds. Within minutes to the Norton Simon museum and Huntington Gardens. For events at the Rose Bowl or pleasure or whatever this is one of the best locales in the country. One of the managers is a little odd and says inappropriate things but she means well.

Room Tip: Face the horseshoe garden.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear fpk932,

Thank you so much for the kind note. We are thrilled that you had such a great experience here. I am very glad you enjoyed our pool, The Royce and The Tap Room as well as our enchanting grounds.

I appreciate your review and continued support, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I was at the Langdon for two nights for work. It's a beautiful resort from the outside to the entry and courtyard, to the rooms. Service at check in was impeccable.

The rooms weren't ready yet when we checked in, so we had a bite to eat in the Terrace restaurant. We were grateful that the restaurant stayed open past its regular lunch closing time to accommodate us, but the service was a bit lackluster. The food was also just okay. Fish tacos made with catfish? Weird.

My room was nice and comfortable with a beautiful view of the mountains. I found the layout of my room a bit strange though. The dresser used several drawers for snacks and wine, leaving little room for my clothes. The TV, which was on the dresser was also off to the left side of the bed, so it wasn't very convenient to watch. My friend's room had a much better design.

This hotel is normally very expensive, so I'll not likely stay here on my own. But it was fun to experience the resort.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Carib0906,

Thank you for your review and your kind comments about the hotel and the service provided to you at The Front Desk. I apologize that you found The Terrace as well as your guest room layout not up to par, and we have addressed your areas of concern. We value and appreciate your feedback, and apologize that your experience did not live up to high standards that we set for ourselves.

We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to The Langham Huntington, Pasadena in the not too distant future, and once again, thank you for your candid feedback.

Yours truly,

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I am so lucky that a conference I usually attend uses this hotel! The staff are very attentive. The room attendants have an amazing attention to detail. And bonus points to an evening turn down service where you get fresh towels!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear sa_scully,

I am delighted to read that our staff spoiled you from start to finish! We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back to very soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed here three nights on a business trip so I wasn't able to take full advantage of the property. Facilities were impeccably maintained and staff was helpful and courteous (concierge, valet, front desk, room service). Room service was well prepared and delivered promptly, though expensive (as you would likely expect). Bed was super comfortable, and the towels were actually soft. The pool and surrounding areas were excellent, as was the fitness center. If you want to go for a run stop by the front desk where they have a map with a few routes laid out of various distances.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mom051,

Thank you for celebrating your 15th anniversary with us and for taking the time to review your stay at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena.

I am delighted to hear our staff provided you with superb service throughout your stay and helped create great memories for your wonderful occasion! Please know that I will share your wonderful feedback with the entire team here who will be so pleased to know how much you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back for your 16th anniversary!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our 15th anniversary. Everything was lovely and we were treated very well. We stayed on the Club level which was such a treat. Everything served there was absolutely delicious and the service in the Club was great. The grounds are beautiful and the room was very clean and comfortable. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Mom051,

We look forward to welcoming you back for your 16th anniversary!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Check in Tuesday May 27th through May 31/14. Up on the 7th floor suite with everything included on our price. I loved the amenities, Spa, huge pool, gardens, restaurants and the 8th floor breakfast, lunch and dinner area and so on.. The food was awesome, the employees are so wonderfully elegant and refine, from the reception desk to the room services, housekeeping, vale parking, the pool people oh gosh they are so attentive to what ever you need.It was my first time there but my Lady is very known there and stay there since it the old Ritz...
What first class services. I love it!

Room Tip: Room 376 big suite with 2 full baths 2 Large LCD TVs, a great view from the balconies you can see t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear NPVERAS,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on the Club Level at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena.

I am thrilled you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel.. from the amenities, to the spa, the pool, the gardens, the restaurants, the food and beverage presentations in The Club Lounge to our attentive staff- we are very proud of our team and their commitment to the guest and ensuring that each guest receives the attention and service quality they have come to expect from the Langham brand.

We very much look forward to welcoming you and your lady back soon.