“Pasadena resort wonderfully relaxing”

The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Virginia
“Pasadena resort wonderfully relaxing”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I've stayed here twice for two week periods while working on a project in Pasadena. Beautiful hotel, well maintained and beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, lovely setting in tree-lined Pasadena. De-stress from hectic LA as soon as you set foot on the property. The Terrace restaurant is so nice with gracious al fresco tables, interesting menus. The Royce restaurant also is excellent, but pricey. Felt like coming home every day.

Room Tip: The breakfast add-on is worth the price.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Glenos,

Thank you for taking the time to review of your recent stay at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed a relaxing stay! I will be so pleased to share your comments with the entire team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

All the best,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The Hotel is beautiful and sophisticated. But the pool area is run down and without ambiance. The launch chairs are old without cushions, The restaurants are chic and the food is great. Also has gorgeous flowers throughout the common areas.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Margara2014,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your experience at our restaurants and the beauty of our grounds. I apologize that you found the pool area not up to par, and we have addressed your areas of concern our Director of Engineering. I thank you for your candid feedback as it is only in this way that we are able to improve upon our shortcomings.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Tijeras, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The rooms are spacious, super clean and quiet. We had booked 5 rooms. 4 were standard rooms and one was the huntington suite. All parties commented on how their rooms were so comfortable. Some of our guests even stated that they have never slept better. Many parties ordered room service and were equally pleased. Each night we would venture down to the Tap Room for a cocktail and entertainment. Each morning we would meet at The Terrace for breakfast. Both establishments were great on service. The whole feel of The Langham is grand and luxurious. The staff goes out of their way to make sure you feel at home.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Pattystar42,

We are so happy to hear that you and your guests enjoyed all aspects of the hotel... from the rooms, the cocktails and entertainment in the Tap Room, breakfast in The Terrace to our service. We strive to provide excellence in service to our guests and are so pleased to hear that you felt at home with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Northport, New York
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I used to travel quite extensively and I actually looked forward to my LA trips so I could stay at this hotel! So, last year when we decided to take the kids to California, I made it a point to book this hotel for our trip and, the Langham did not disappoint! When we checked in, our room was not available so, we got an upgrade to a cottage by the tennis court (highly recommended) and the pampering began right away! I had a fed ex package delivered to me as soon as I checked in and we were offered a bar credit for our room not being available. The hotel just feels like home and you have no choice but to relax and feel like a California native while you are here! The fitness center is amazing and the surrounding neighborhood is great! They also offer a free shuttle to old town Pasadena if you do not feel like driving to dinner. My kids ask me every month, "When are we going back to Pasadena"?! I love this place and I wish I could go back every year but, based on the East Coast, it's a little difficult to get back!

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in the entire hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lirrhater,

We are thrilled to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us and consider us one of the best hotels in the world – what a great recognition! I apologize the room you reserved was not available upon check-in, but I am very glad to hear that you were given an upgraded room along with a bar credit. I am also so pleased to learn that you enjoyed the cottage and hotel’s relaxing ambience.

Thank you again and we very much look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the future!

Warmest regards,

Temecula, California
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed at the Langham over the Easter weekend. It was an easy drive from Orange County, about 40 minutes, easy to find and in a great neighborhood. Our goal was to visit the famous Norton -Simon and Huntington museums, each spectacular in different ways. The hotel is close so this was easy to do. We drove but they provide a shuttle to various areas, including Old Town Pasadena which reminds me a bit of Santa Barbara's center. There is a lot to do in the area: shops, good restaurants, gardens, some historic features all available near by.

The hotel has an atmosphere of an old elegance as it was built by Huntington and had been a Ritz. The halls are wide, décor is elegant, grounds well kept up.

The hotel has a large heated pool, outdoor spa pool and some nice gardens. It was very crowded so as not to get a lounge chair by the pool so I looked for other seating, perhaps a bench where I could sit, dry out and read. I did not find anywhere to sit on the large lawn or in the gardens, surprisingly. The spa was closed for renovation so there was no separate pool for adults.

We noticed that the hotel was filled with families and children, activities planned for the children and wisely we booked the Easter brunch ahead of time. Service even under stress was very good. I did notice a few items amiss in the room but they were easily remedied: safe deposit battery low, sink drained very slow, some towels needed. Small amenities we found to be more than adequate, such as talcum powder supplied in the toiletries, and they provided a robe, soft hangers, a coffee set up, newspapers outside the door in the morning and lots of movies to choose from on the TV schedule. The staff were friendly and helpful.

The Champagne Brunch was served in a large ballroom where they had a jazz band and many buffet areas set up so as to make it easier for the dinners to get to the tables. The selection of meats, eggs, salads, deserts was ample. Service was fast and friendly.

It was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: We were in Room 534, a large king size bedroom in the older section of the hotel, near the spa brid...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Suzanochka,

I am delighted you had a pleasant stay at our hotel over Easter! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed the brunch as well as the hotel’s location, décor and grounds. Yet, I am very sorry to hear that a lounge chair was not available for you by the pool over the busy weekend. While I am pleased to learn staff quickly responded to remedy the missing room amenities, I regret the inconvenience you experienced. Please rest assured that I will share your experience with our teams.

Please accept my sincere apologies for not providing you with a flawless experience in all areas. It is my hope that you will reconsider returning in the future for an enchanting stay at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My wife and I can't get away often, but when we have a few days, we come to the Langham. It is a perfect place to feel like you are far from home and pampered in a beautiful, romantic setting. What often impresses me most is the attention to detail, and the friendly service at every level; the pool attendants, food service, front desk, room attendants and we even had a chance to talk to the chef of the Terrace Restaurant; all make you feel welcome and special. I did miss the regular spa, which is closed for renovation, but will look forward to visiting when it reopens this summer. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena.

Your heartfelt feedback is exactly what we strive to create for our guests and it is wonderful to know that you enjoyed every minute of your stay with us. We truly seek to provide our guests with an exceptional experience from the moment they arrive until the moment they depart. And it's great to hear that we did just this for you. We truly appreciate your wonderful review.

We hope to welcome you back to The Langham Huntington, Pasadena this summer! Our Chuan Spa opens June 2- we are so excited for you to see the transformation!

Flagstaff
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Only had the opportunity to stay here one night as I was here on business but was very impressed with the property. It is classic old California..lovely property, rooms and room amenities, food, service. Will definitely return when I have more time to stay a few days and relax.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear JourneysTraveler,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena.

I am so very pleased you enjoyed your time with us, from your room to your dining experiences.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon for a relaxing stay!

Best wishes,

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasadena
The Westin Pasadena
#4 of 31 in Pasadena
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles? Share your experiences!