The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles
$148
  • Restaurant
Howard Johnson Pasadena(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
$84
Vagabond Inn Executive Pasadena(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
$109
Best Western Pasadena Royale Inn & Suites(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
$145
$118
$139
Courtyard
1,986 results
All reviewsterrace restaurantthe roycebeautiful groundsritz carltonjapanese gardenmain buildingtennis courtslanai buildingthe cottageshorseshoe gardenbeautiful hotelold worldresidential neighborhoodclub levelturn down serviceold schoollos angeles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The title of my review says it all. It was a wonderful stay with wonderful room and service, but the two restaurant we tried don't rate "wonderful". Very bland food in their "Terrace" and not much better in the bar. Recommend staying at this wonderful old and beautifully maintained place and having meals elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Staying at the Langham in Pasadena is a special experience because they make you feel so very welcome. We always stay for a weekend of complete relaxation, staying poolside for a few hours to enjoy the warm pool and the available food and drinks. The rooms are extremely elegant yet very comfortable. The rooms have great views of the mountains or valley. The food available at The Terrace restaurant is top-notch. We also enjoy a visit The Tap Room for cocktails and small bites, and on weekends there is live music by a trio of musicians. And it's great to have a place like this less than a half-hour away from Los Angeles.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed here when in the LA area touring colleges with our son and it was the perfect place to retreat to each day. Given our informal dress and purpose I was a bit nervous when we pulled in; the grounds are gorgeous and the parking lot was filled with expensive sports cars. But the staff are exceptional and welcoming whether you are a guest there for a wedding or formal event, or whether like us you are simply touring. We didn't eat at the Royce, but the Terrace was excellent. Our room was comfortable and had an outdoor patio area overlooking the gardens that made a perfect place to sit and read. This is an incredibly calm and beautiful place just a few miles from the bustle of LA and I will definitely stay here again when out West.

Room Tip: Get a patio
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Visited the Langham Huntington, Pasadena with my girlfriend to escape a miserable New York winter... And they couldn't have done a better job!

We were upgraded to a beautiful Huntington Suite, complete with a welcome amenity. Thanks to Colleen, who we called before arrival. Brady, the Front Office Supervisor, was professional and efficient... Absolutely GREAT staff.

The pool and hot tub speak for themselves. Phenomenal. The Terrace had a lovely menu.

I arranged a rose pedal turndown for my girlfriend, which they executed perfectly. We simply cannot fault this hotel. Thanks to all for an absolutely amazing stay, and hope to return soon!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I would have given this hotel 6 out of 5 stars if not for the little incident that we encountered while staying there. We went stayed there for about 3-4 days in October 2012 (the When did you travel part only went as far back as April 2013, so please ignore that part), but i felt that since I am reviewing some hotels, I have to share with fellow travellers even so long after.

The place is awesome! The hotel itself is tucked away in a nice neighborhood where the houses forms a nice view in their own right. The staff that we met were all courteous and very friendly. They also had valet service, and provided complimentary tea and coffee at the lobby every morning. Once you stepped into the building, it's like going back 200 years to the era where the decor looks like the Rococo style - so Victorian, so delicate, so nice, just like in story books. Everything is so well thought of, amenities in the room are great, we are want for nothing here. The place itself looks unbelievable, with just a tripod with us, we took some very nice pictures that looked like they came out of photo shots.

One fine day, thinking that the hotel has been so nice, I very trustingly left my face creams on the dresser in the morning before we went out. I'm usually a little OCD, so a slight change in arrangement of things will take my notice. When we got back to the room, i noticed a slight shift of the pots of creams right away. I am using Sulwhasoo, which came with a small little stick that i used to get the creams out, so there should be uneven holes in the cream inside the pot. When I opened it, true enough I saw finger mark in the surface of the cream.

We were actually trying to get the hotel to compensate us on the cream, being a very personal item and everything.. In terms of hygiene, I would feel a little yucky to use something that other people have had their fingers in. And we even directed the hotel staff that the nearest place the creams can be obtained is from Bergdorf Goodman. But they were unable to do that, and instead only waived the charges for our valet parking. We requested for a follow-up, but none was seen to date.

Overall, I would still consider to stay with them if I ever go back to LA for vacation, but I would be sure to be very careful with my belongings.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nelly K
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Good Afternoon Nelly,

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experience at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena and for sharing your less than satisfactory experience with us. We have sent a private message to you and are hopeful for the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding the disappointments you encountered.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,