“Ah, The Langham Huntington...”

The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Vancouver, Canada
“Ah, The Langham Huntington...”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have stayed here in the past, and although I love the location, I did not find the staff to be up to par. I booked in on January 2014 and was thrilled with the caring, professional staff. Not too much in your face, efficient and courteous. The food is great, and I look forward to my return. Enjoyed Duncan at reception....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Mary L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Wow.

This place is beautiful. I would recommend anyone to stay here. The restaurants and lounges are simply gorgeous and also some very unique. The room service is perfection.

The pool area is very nice, as are the Japanese gardens. You can have lovely tea and coffee in the morning and go for a nice walk around the area and see the beautiful Californian houses.

I will be back here, I can not wait to return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Valhalla, New York
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed at the Langham during our stay in Pasadena for the Rose Bowl and Tournament of Roses Parade. The hotel was plush with fabulous rooms, good food and great service. I was most impressed with the valet service. The car was brought around to the front of the hotel in minutes. The grounds were beautiful and relaxing. We did have to call for clean towels several times during our 5 night stay however they were immediately brought to our room within minutes. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to experience real luxury in a hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My stay here was perfect. The attention to detail is fantastic. Called to make a reservation and received a better rate than a negotiated corporate rate! Breakfast is pricey, but the service and food quality was great. Ordered room service for a late-night dinner (black cod and 1/2 kale salad) and it was so delicious!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
California Cilty
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have a yearly tradition on December 24 dinner with friends in Pasadena its great been doing it for years. This year I had a significant other come with me. So we decided to stay nearby, so we can take a cab and then on the 25th do a Spa day and elegant dinner! And that is just what happened. I can't wait to stay again it was so worth it! I loved the bar and the dinner was amazing. You must do the spa it was so nice. We had to check out at 0300 to be at work on the 26 and the bell boy was so awesome same with the valet parking they had us on the road within 10 minutes of our early early request! If you are in Pasadena and you can't stay here at least go visit the grounds and the décor of this grand historical sight!

Room Tip: you can't go wrong, some views may be better, but you can walk everywhere and beautiful grounds...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ginger6_67
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed January 20, 2014

in pasadena for the BCS national championship. had the pleasure to stay at the langham. beautiful facility tucked into a residential area yet not too far from downtown pasadena. rooms are very nicely appointed and very clean. service is exceptional. great bar to catch a drink and visit with friends. the grounds are really special - pool, tennis, back lawn, etc. highly recommend this facility

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank jon s
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I made the mistake of staying at the Langham Huntington while the hotel was hosting some sort of event for Fox. Apparently, if you are not 'in the industry', your business is not welcome when it conflicts with the needs of the pampered entertainment class.

I should have known I was in for trouble when I got stuck in a 15min traffic jam just trying to park at the hotel and check-in. Although, to be fair, it was probably my fault for not being assertive enough piloting my rental car among the Bentleys, Aston Martins, and black Town Cars that all were quite eager to cut me off.

Upon checking in, I decided to make my way to the hotel bar to get some work done with a cocktail in hand. My mistake. See, even though the patio was empty, and even though I was nowhere within 100ft of another human being, and even though I was harmlessly sitting in a corner working on my laptop, I was informed that I needed credentials to be out there. Fox had rented out the patio, and I guess my plain visage was lowering the aesthetic quotient of the collective crowd.

Be advised. This is a nice hotel. But check their event calendar in advance. This is LA. There is a velvet rope everywhere. And at the Langham, even if you are paying customer, you will be treated as an irrelevant plebeian if there are C-list celebrities in attendance.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
12 Thank JBS_ESQ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasadena
The Westin Pasadena
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Hilton Pasadena
#6 of 31 in Pasadena
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Been to The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles? Share your experiences!