“Perfect Stay in Pasadena”

The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed at the Langham during our stay in Pasadena for the Rose Bowl and Tournament of Roses Parade. The hotel was plush with fabulous rooms, good food and great service. I was most impressed with the valet service. The car was brought around to the front of the hotel in minutes. The grounds were beautiful and relaxing. We did have to call for clean towels several times during our 5 night stay however they were immediately brought to our room within minutes. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to experience real luxury in a hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,925)

Reviewed January 26, 2014

My stay here was perfect. The attention to detail is fantastic. Called to make a reservation and received a better rate than a negotiated corporate rate! Breakfast is pricey, but the service and food quality was great. Ordered room service for a late-night dinner (black cod and 1/2 kale salad) and it was so delicious!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have a yearly tradition on December 24 dinner with friends in Pasadena its great been doing it for years. This year I had a significant other come with me. So we decided to stay nearby, so we can take a cab and then on the 25th do a Spa day and elegant dinner! And that is just what happened. I can't wait to stay again it was so worth it! I loved the bar and the dinner was amazing. You must do the spa it was so nice. We had to check out at 0300 to be at work on the 26 and the bell boy was so awesome same with the valet parking they had us on the road within 10 minutes of our early early request! If you are in Pasadena and you can't stay here at least go visit the grounds and the décor of this grand historical sight!

Room Tip: you can't go wrong, some views may be better, but you can walk everywhere and beautiful grounds...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ginger6_67
Reviewed January 20, 2014

in pasadena for the BCS national championship. had the pleasure to stay at the langham. beautiful facility tucked into a residential area yet not too far from downtown pasadena. rooms are very nicely appointed and very clean. service is exceptional. great bar to catch a drink and visit with friends. the grounds are really special - pool, tennis, back lawn, etc. highly recommend this facility

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jon s
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I made the mistake of staying at the Langham Huntington while the hotel was hosting some sort of event for Fox. Apparently, if you are not 'in the industry', your business is not welcome when it conflicts with the needs of the pampered entertainment class.

I should have known I was in for trouble when I got stuck in a 15min traffic jam just trying to park at the hotel and check-in. Although, to be fair, it was probably my fault for not being assertive enough piloting my rental car among the Bentleys, Aston Martins, and black Town Cars that all were quite eager to cut me off.

Upon checking in, I decided to make my way to the hotel bar to get some work done with a cocktail in hand. My mistake. See, even though the patio was empty, and even though I was nowhere within 100ft of another human being, and even though I was harmlessly sitting in a corner working on my laptop, I was informed that I needed credentials to be out there. Fox had rented out the patio, and I guess my plain visage was lowering the aesthetic quotient of the collective crowd.

Be advised. This is a nice hotel. But check their event calendar in advance. This is LA. There is a velvet rope everywhere. And at the Langham, even if you are paying customer, you will be treated as an irrelevant plebeian if there are C-list celebrities in attendance.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
12  Thank JBS_ESQ
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We found everything delightful at the Langham, starting with the valet parking, check-in and bellman taking our luggage to a most comfortable room overlooking the pool. Everyone was so friendly and helpful without a rushed feeling. After checking in we went to lunch on the terrace by the pool where the service and food were as good as it gets. The waiter even heard us talking about my wife's birthday and brought out a piece of cake with a candle and happy birthday written in chocolate on the plate. The people next to us, who were also celebrating their birthdays, sang happy birthday. What a treat. They never even told us the check out time and as we were leaving the desk clerk called my name to ask how we enjoyed our stay. You must also realize that the front entrance was a zoo, as all the hollywood, television and reporter types were arriving in fancy cars with mounds of luggage for the annual three week parade of new show previews. They never lost a beat as we departed. It reminds me of Four Seasons service of more than a decade back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank restats
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband, daughter, and I stayed here as part of our Rose Bowl package. It was lovely. This is the signature "host" hotel for the Rosebowl. The property itself is simply beautiful. We had a nicely appointed room with a view of the pool. The service & food was also extremely good. The breakfast buffet at the Terrace restaurant was very good - the Blintzes were scrumptious!
The pool area and garden is beautiful - no wonder why so many weddings are held here.
Very close proximity to downtown Pasadena. All in all - it was a great stay. If you're considering a place to stay for the Rose Bowl --- this is your spot!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family