My husband and I headed to Los Angeles for our annual autumn trip to celebrate his birthday and our anniversary and chose the Langham Huntington in Pasadena. And WOW! Are we ever glad we did - and we already cannot wait to go back!
The hotel itself is extraordinary, elegant and majestic. You feel like royalty and the staff treat you as such! Everyone we encountered from the bellboys, the front desk staff, the concierge, the valets, the cleaning staff and the waiters and hostesses are exceptional! We stayed in a Lanai King Room with a lovely view of the pool, and the room was lovely and spacious. We had an issue with the power in our ensuite one day (a breaker was tripped) but they sent maintenance up quickly to fix the problem, and offered me another room temporarily so that I could continue to get ready. They handled it very well!
The Fitness Centre is large, clean and well laid out. It has a good mix of equipment and machines - very impressed.
The Terrace restaurant is delicious and the staff are impeccable! We went to The Royce Steakhouse for our anniversary dinner and it was also delicious! The Royce was a bit more "energetic" and noisy that I had expected, but it was still a lovely experience. The food and choices were outstanding and the portions are quite large, so make sure you are hungry.
The Tap Room is a terrific lounge and offers live music on the weekends which is fantastic. The Tap Room was a well attended spot by hotel guests for a night cap or two and offered a lovely ambiance and a gorgeous view from the patio.
The Langham Huntington has acres of meticulously and beautifully manicured gardens that are a lovely venue for special occasions or weddings. I would seriously consider having our 10 year vow renewal at the Langham in five more years!
The pool is large and well-maintained and is always kept in pristine condition. The entire hotel is utterly pristine and there is never anything out of place.
It wasn't until we were checking out that we mentioned to the gentleman at the front desk that we had been there to celebrate our anniversary. He felt terrible that they were not aware of that during our stay (which was not their fault), as he said they love to know when their guests are celebrating a special occasion so that they can do something special.
We stayed at the Langham in late September/early October, so the hotel was not overly busy which was very nice. The weather was even warmer than seasonal so that was also fabulous!
I highly recommend this hotel for couples of any age or for those looking for a wedding or anniversary venue. You will not be disappointed!
The Langham Huntington is definitely one of the most beautiful places we've stayed, and we will certainly return!
Thank you to all the staff of the Langham Huntington for a remarkable holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capturing the grace and elegance of a bygone era, The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles is located at the base of the picturesque San Gabriel Mountains, just nine miles north of downtown Los Angeles in beautiful Pasadena. Located on 23 acres with grand historic ballrooms and gardens, the landmark hotel features delectable dining, the award-winning Chuan Spa and a number of recreational choices such as tennis programming, fitness classes, swimming and nearby golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles Hotel Pasadena
- Langham Huntington Hotel
- The Langham Huntington Hotel