“Beautiful grounds but ... not the best”

The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
San Diego, California
“Beautiful grounds but ... not the best”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The gardens, the lobbies, the lounges, the hallways are beautiful. The room however is a different story. The furniture placement and the layout of the room are really odd. You will know what I mean. There was only one bathrobe. No slippers. Shoulders and neck were stiff after spending one night on the bed. The tv and the dresser were so dusty. Pool looks like it belongs to a motel and was extremely disappointing. The services at the restaurant and the tap room were wonderful. Overall, it's a beautiful hotel to hold an event. But I will not be returning to stay overnight.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linhy2000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Rancho Cordova
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Langham Huntington in Pasadena is a gorgeous hotel sitting on 23 beautifully manicured acres in the middle of a beautiful, old, classy neighborhood. The desk staff, property amenities, room (suite), hotel grounds, Terrace restaurant, Chuan Spa, Club Level Lounge, valet staff and reservation staff were ALL outstanding and made our stay relaxing, fun and easy! My husband, son and I all felt truly valued as guests and we look forward to going back for another stay!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Club level have access to the Club lounge, which has an amazing array of food and drink...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Loved it, stayed 2 nights in absolute luxury, staff just amazing, rooms very good, pool area fantastic, possibly best hotel breakfast we encountered, dinner at The Royce was impeccable, coolest chic hotel bar. We just lived it!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Abington, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel is beautiful and spotless. It is one of the nicest places I have stayed. The service is great. Some extra expenses tipping folks and paying for parking. It is located in a lush neighborhood and has restaurants and shops just a few miles away.

• Stayed October 2013
Montebello, California, USA
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I make it a point to stay at the Pasadena Langham twice a year. We've done this now over the last five years. We even celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary here. The special attention, service and our beautiful suite are all extraordinary!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lindadpayan
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for over 2 weeks in this hotel in September. Hard to fault anything without being unreasonably picky. Believe it is down to good management as staff seem happy and well cared for. It is large and with good facilities. Wedding parties are frequent but unobtrusive and did not disturb us. Our rooms were on the 7th floor at "club" level which is recommended. It includes parking, access to the club lounge which is open most of the day for breakfast, light lunch, afternoon tea and so on.
We had a car so the location in an upmarket residential area was not a problem. The hotel also offer a shutlle service into Pasadena which seemed to be complimentary and "on demand". We found all staff to be helpful and friendly. We had to keep extending our stay and the reception staff managed to juggle the bookings so we could keep our rooms. The guys on the concierge desk also coped well with our frequent and varied requests.
This is a great hotel and if I had to live in a hotel this one would be high on the list.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I booked two rooms online. One was for a suite and other a standard room. The suite package clearly said 10am early check in and 5pm late check. NOTHING mentioned based on availability. We stay several weekends a year at the Loews by the beach and they have similar specials with early and sunset check outs. It’s NEVER based on availability since early check in is advertised in the package. The standard room didn't have any mention of early check in. This is 100% inaccurate marketing at the Langham and they lie to the consumer on their booking page. I arrived and they said no the 10am is only if available and the suite would be ready by 3pm same with late check out. I had to argue for 20 minutes and show my email receipt from the online booking and showed no mention on my receipt about being based on avail. The several front desk people simply ignored what my email stated and stated hotel policy. I had zero accommodations that day and asked that a manager speak with me. We checked in on a Friday and out on a Monday. We were here for a funeral that I was planning and I was very annoyed at the situation. When I check out my invoice had valet charges and breakfast charges that should have been included in the package. I again argued with several staff and they said no manager has been available since my check in. He continued to debate me and I kept showing him my email from the hotel but he ignored it and gave me a printed copy of the package that said based on availability. I asked for the rate of the regular room since I wasn't allowed early check in and they denied this. The hotel property is very nice but check your invoice, since I assume many don't read the invoice. Don't believe their online packages to be really true.

USD 789.00
The rate includes:
• Complimentary access to The Langham Club Lounge.
• Champagne delivery.
• In-room breakfast for two.
• Breakfast available through in-room dining only.
• Early check in from 10:00am and late check out until 5:00pm.
• Complimentary standard in-room Internet access.
• Complimentary local newspaper.
• Complimentary access to fitness center and outdoor swimming pool.

Notes:
• To secure your booking: This rate requires a credit card to hold the booking.
• To change your booking: You can make changes up to 3pm the day prior to arrival without penalty. Changes after the deadline will result in a charge equal to one night’s room and tax. Stricter seasonal cancelation policies may apply, please refer to “Policies” for details specific to your stay.
• Family Plan: Children under the age of 18 may stay free when staying in a parent’s room using existing bedding.
• Earn frequent flier points: (Click here for details)

Room Tip: The suite was very nice, but we never would have booked if we were not led to believe we had an earl...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank FitzFamily1028
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasadena
The Westin Pasadena
#4 of 31 in Pasadena
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles? Share your experiences!