“Picture Perfect”

The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed August 20, 2013

To get to the Langham, you must drive though a picture perfect Pasadena neighborhood that sets the mood for your stay. Beautiful architecture, amazing gardens -- a kinder, gentler world that is a lovely beginning to your vacation.
We recently stayed 6 nights at the Langham, and were very pleased with everything about the property. I am not a big photographer, but I couldn't stop taking pictures. Beauty everywhere.

1  Thank travelscout22

Reviewed August 18, 2013

we spent 9 nights at the Langham and were treated wonderfully by all the staff,especially Rodolfo at the Terrace restaurant for breakfast and Erika at the poolside grill.The rooms were comfortable and spacious,and the balcony was used often and greatly appreciated.The hotel is very elegant,but I felt comfortable in my shorts and sneakers.We always felt welcomed.The pool is very nice and rarely felt crowded.There were both sunny and shaded areas by the pool,and we spent one day just sitting in the shade having our lunch and drinks brought to us.All in all,a great place to come home to after a day in L.A.

1  Thank wizrick
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We spent four days here on a two week trip to California having flown in from Montreal.

We were greeted by smiley and helpful staff who were at our service for any needs we had. We had arrived much earlier than check-in and due to weddings that day we couldn't check in early however we sat outside in the grounds and relaxed.

We had a large Sinai Deluxe room in one of the private buildings by the tennis courts.. Top tennis courts btw. Beautiful corner room, very large and spacious and v comfortable king size beds.

The pool was perfect and we had no trouble getting lounge beds.

The Royce restaurant was just an amazing experience: from the decor to the excellent French sommelier to the cuisine. Excellent and a perfect special occasion resto.

We enjoyed very much the Tap Room also for a laid back evening of cocktails and appetisers out on the Terrasse. Perfect!

We often talk about returning and only wish we lived closer so that we could go for the weekends!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay here for a conference. This place is amazing. Gorgeous rooms, fabulous food, great pool area (with a steel drum trio on Saturday afternoon!) wonderful staff. great stay. Nice chair and desk in the rooms. Slept really well. It was quiet enough to hear the crickets chirping outside my room. Absolutely no sounds from rooms around me. Just a fabulous stay.

Room Tip: rooms facing the Horseshoe Garden have a wonderful view of San Gabriel Valley.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have decided on a little luxury towards the end of a tour of California, so the Huntington is up.
The hotel is a grand old lady who sit in majestic, park like grounds in a old moneyed neighbourhood.
You arrive by a secluded street and are promptly dealt with by valet.
An efficient check in and we are roomed in the annex which is reached by a impressive old bridge which sides the pool area and terraced restaurant.
The room was clean had nice decor and came with free WiFi and newspaper but not bottled water.
Friends were coming to join us for dinner so we elected to meet the in the courtyard, by reception, which has a lovely pond and tasteful planting.
We moved on to the bar area which over looks a terrace and the manicured lawns.
Everyone enjoyed the relaxed elegant atmosphere whilst sipping cocktails and some unusual beers, tasty snacks are provided for free.
There was a choice for dinner. The steak restaurant or the more relaxed pool terrace, which we opted for.
We were given a large outdoor table and ordered a selection from the menu.
As the food arrived there was a small hiccup over a vegan choice which was quickly and professionally dealt with. We all tucked in and thoroughly enjoyed our food.
By way of apology perhaps, we were served two plates of lovely chocolate soufle realising again this was not suitable for our vegan guest, she was quickly given a lovely bowl of fresh berries.
Our guests were charged $12 for valet parking, I feel this was a bit steep due to the fact that we had spent over $200 on dinner; some sort of validation might be in order.
The next day we used the pool which was very good .Well stocked with sun loungers and catered to by an active pool team.

All in all a very relaxing stay in a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2013

A top notch hotel in the heart of residential Pasadena, CA, USA. The upside of this hotel is the grounds and the hotel itself. Top of class property and service. We had a room issue on our first night and were moved with no questions asked. We were on the ground floor so had our own little patio which was great. The downside to this hotel is the location. Because it is in the middle of a residential area, you are stuck with the hotel restaurants. Good food, but way over priced. A short drive into town gives you many more options.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room with a patio
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I really love the Langham-it's five minutes away from my mothers home in San Marino, and we frequently eat at The Terrace and have family events there! However, my most recent stay was a bit of a disaster-I called in the am, the day I was to check in, and was told by the front desk that I had been 'upgraded' to the cottages. I was excited, however, my question was-'Where are they? Farther than the lanai room I booked?' I was told they were very close, and the cottage rooms were so much bigger, etc. My main concern was getting in and out since I was in town for a family event, and was busy with many errands, appts, etc. I was told it was 'right behind-' I spoke with three different front desk people who gave me the same info, and convinced me that this would be a much more desirable room. I was told that they overbooked, and this was the reason for my 'upgrade!' Lucky me-
When I arrived, I was in the 'manor-' a hike from the lanai, and my room was large, but old, dark, with very few plugs, and no ceiling lights! It was a large, not redone cave, and the room was either extremely hot or cold. The a/c and heating unit seemed to be old and didnt work properly. Also, extremely noisy- probably the oldest rooms on the property. Also, after requesting a high floor, quiet room, I was on the first floor, and I didn't sleep well at all, due to the noise. I asked to be moved back to the Lanai rooms, which I found to be much quieter, redone, and convenient-WHEW! But let me tell you, it wasn't easy dealing with moving to another room, since it took a few hours for it to be ready, and trying to run my errands and get to my family event on time. I felt highly inconvenienced-also, the late room service was low quality, and everything took fifteen more minutes than it should have!
Unfortunately, due to my unpleasant experience and inconvenience, I have to give my dear Langham, just an average rating! I wish the experience had started on a better note-

Room Tip: Stay away from the Manor-don't let them 'upgrade' you to an old, not redone, noisy room...
3  Thank keentraveler30