“Love The Langham”

Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Auckland
“Love The Langham”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2008

This hotel is devine! From the moment I arrived I was utterly enchanted.
The service was attentive, genuine, friendly and efficient.
The grounds are amazing and the elegant decor is awe inspiring.
I stayed in the main building and found the room spacious, immaculately kept and very user-friendly. I also used the Club Lounge throughout my stay and found this space and the staff here fabulous.
I was at the property for a conference and found their facilities wonderful. We were able to enjoy several lunches and brainstorming sessions in the sunshine in one of their many private outdoor areas.

• Liked — Superb service
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank St_Regis_Abu_Dhabi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Silicon Valley, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2008

I stayed at the hotel a few months ago after the name change from Ritz to The Langham and was happily surprised! While the hotel is tucked away in a residential neighborhood, there were enough signs to point to way so you don't get lost. While at the hotel, you feel like you are at a resort because it's a bit secluded, however the downtown area was only a short drive away (less than 10 minutes). So it had the best of both worlds! Shopping and dining very close yet you feel like you get away from it all when you are at the hotel.

The service was very attentive. The front desk people remembered my name. I stayed on the Club level and the staff there is fantastic; very helpful with recommendations and stuff. Also they have a fairly lavish food spread in the lounge for you to eat throughout the day. i was able to pick-up diet cokes in the lounge whenever I wanted!

My room was very spacious, elegant, clean. I love the Bulgari amenities! They also had a spa but we didn't have time to try it out. Maybe next time!

• Liked — Service!
  • Stayed April 2008
1 Thank Cinderelly
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2008

Recently have the trip in LA and stayed at the Langham, Huntington Hotel in Pasadena.

The hotel service is attentive and staffs are friendly. The snack and breakfast at the Club Lounge was fantastic.

An evening walk at the horseshoe garden was a nice one. Really enjoy the trip and weekend shopping in the Old Town Pasadena.

Hope I can stay longer next time.

Helen

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank YuLHK
santa barbara
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2008

We have stayed at this hotel a few times and always enjoy it. The rooms in the main building are our favorite. It is on a beautiful piece of property in one of Pasadena's nicest areas. The service is always great. The dining room for lunch can use a bit of an update but we are always happy with the food and service. If you are going to stay in Pasadena this IS the best hotel.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank 1995sb21
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2008

My partner and I stayed at the Langham hotel for one night this past May. It was a dream from start to finish. Everyone was thoroughly attentive and the grounds are proper and stunning. I would recommend this property to anyone that appreciates elegance.

• Liked — The beauty of the grounds.
  • Disliked — I liked everything.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
pasadena, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2008

**spa review only**

I had a great experience at the Huntington, now Langham, spa. Andrea was the name of the woman who gave me both treatments--reflexology for 1/2 hour and the salt glow scrub, which was an hour. I had bad cramps and the reflexology totally wiped them out. I loved the treatment room--nice draperies on the ceiling overhead. the quiet waiting room was peaceful and lovely with cut fresh fruit and a couch like a bed to relax on. Later a client came in and started loudly eating all the fruit, but it was time to go by then. The salt treamtment was interesting, and Andrea gave me a wonderful full massage with the thick cream she put on after the salt was washed off. She worked on some knots I had on my back and it felt awesome. I highly recommend her. the spa wet room was a little smaller and less nice than Burke-Williams, the jacuzzi smaller and the muzac pretty unbearable, but it was totally deserted on a monday afternoon, so I had it all to myself. The shampoo and stuff is not so high caliber, kind of dried my hair out, but I'm not complaining. It was a fantastic experience and I'm going back for sure.

• Stayed May 2008
california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2008

We stayed at the Langham for one night only because we were in town to see the ballet at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion. Had previously lived in South Pasadena and dreamed of one day returning to stay at the old Huntington. New ownership now, but still as beautiful and luxurious as I'd always imagined. Stayed in the main building with a beautiful garden view. The room was gorgeous and the accommodations comfortable. The service was the best we've experienced in quite awhile. There is no self-parking, but there were always two or three valets ready to retrieve our car for us. Helpful and knowledgeable staff was everywhere to be found. We especially enjoyed the cookies brought to our room at tea time and the complimentary breakfast that came as part of our package. Even though there was a convention going on and some other type of big party, the hotel was quiet by 11 p.m.
We did not get to try the restaurant or bar, but they looked great.
We'll definitely return and are hoping the value of our stay was not a fluke!

• Liked — comfort, luxury, value
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank sunny34
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasadena
The Westin Pasadena
Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles? Share your experiences!