2,083 results
All reviews terrace restaurant the royce beautiful grounds ritz carlton japanese garden main building tennis courts lanai building horseshoe garden the cottages beautiful hotel old world residential neighborhood classic hotel club level turn down service old school
Reviewed June 13, 2013

One of the most beautiful hotels I have stayed in. Room was very comfortable with a lovely garden view. Everything was wonderful but I wish 1) they had a self parking option rather than only valet and 2) that there were more restaurant options within walking distance. The hotel is in the middle of a residential neighborhood so you have to either eat in the hotel or drive somewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Langham is located in a wealthy residential area of Pasadena, a little island away from the hustling and bustling of the city (about 25 minutes, but more if traffic). It is a grand old hotel and the main facilities have been renovated and are spotless. We had a room in the cottages, and these are not renovated and show a bit of wear and tear, but it is amply compensated by the quiet , the beautiful view of the grounds and the spaciousness of the room. There was even a functioning gas fireplace. Service was excellent and the newly updated restaurant was exquisite. Overall staying at the hotel was a vacation in itself and we could have lounged at the beautiful pool, jogged the manicured extensive garden and exercised at the SPA for a long time, but the shuttle downtown Pasadena was also very convenient. Really a beautiful place for the price.

Room Tip: If you want quiet and space, stay at the cottages, but pick one on the second floor and with a view, the ones on the walkway are not private. The main building has smaller but updated rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Langham Huntington Pasadena is one of our favorite hotels. The staff and the facilities never disappoint and are truly exceptional. The Langham Club provides a level of service and attention to detail that we enjoy each time we visit the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jerald F
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is top notch in terms of its grounds, service, and cleanliness. The value for the money is great, but the hotel does not give you any perks beyond what you pay for. We went as a first time guest, and even though the hotel was pretty much empty, they did not throw us a bone (upgrade, spa discount, complimentary valet, etc...) Comparing this to the Ritz Carlton,or even the Four Seasons, the management does not "invest" in your future visit, or try to appeal to you. They feel that the hotel stands on its own. We did not try any meals or spa services. I may have, if they made me feel more special. Having said that, it is a really nice hotel and the rate we paid was very good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mohsenmd
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was our 10th annual visit to the Langham for a girls weekend away. We used to go here when it was the Ritz and have continued each year. Given that, I know the standards of the Langham are not the standards of the Ritz, so I need to base my review on how it is now and not compare it to how it was. However, each year we return (and we use the club level) we note that small little touches that were in existence with the Ritz have been dropped. The quality for example of the bathroom products is not as good (and when there are 4 women together you want good bathroom products). Some of the food items that were served in the club level have gone away, the lunch presentation for example not includes no deserts (other than the cookies) and even they were not available on Sunday (apparently at 2PM they were still being baked). In addition it just seems that quantity and quality have dropped. The sushi in the evening always runs out (this happens every year) and I wonder why they dont stagger the sushi if they only have 3 platters to 5PM, 6PM and 7PM. If you arrive at 5:30 they've put everything out and the masses have devoured it all... poor planning I think on the club level. I do think that the level of service in the Club level on the Sunday we stayed there was low. I will point out that the Saturday team (David, Phong? Eva etc were excellent) on Sunday we were not even acknowledged, in fact we had to wander into the kitchen area to try to find someone. Now I do want to point out Eva (and I have a horrible feeling I've forgotten her name as I write this) who has been on the club level for years and years. She is wonderful and it is fantastic to see a friendly familiar face. We were all so happy to see her again. She makes the event special. We used the spa, which is nice, but nothing for me to comment on either way either fantastic or terrible. it is exactly what you would expect, which I suppose means it is good. I guess the question is would we return? Not sure. This is a lovely hotel, but I wonder if other high end hotels dont just offer a little bit more? Each year we debate whether this hotel will be our reunion hotel of choice and I think we pick it because of it's location rather than the hotel itself.

Room Tip: If you are using the club level then ask for a room on floor 8 which is where the club is located. If you are on 7 then you have to use the elvator to go there.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends