“Like Stepping Back in Time”

The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here for three nights with my daughter on a college visiting trip. What a delightful place. The room was spacious, was the lobbies and restaurants were all beautifully decorated and the grounds are stunning. The pool looked great although we didn't swim. We did take advantage of the hot tub. The best part of the evenings was having a glass of wine out on their deck, under the heat lamps. Really lovely. The whole place has a 1930's feel, but is really well kept up. Staff was great. Gym was fine. Spa looked nice, but alas we didn't make it there. Ate at the restaurant one night - OK, but I preferred the snacks outside at the bar. Tea and Coffee outside in the morning was nice, but could have used a coffee cart that made Latte's. Do know you need to pay a valet fee, so add that to the cost. But we got a great rate, and it was well worth it. Everyone was very helpful with directions, etc. I will go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,893)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Rooms: The rooms are spacious. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom had marble floors and was nicely appointed. The toiletries that the hotel provided smelled fantastic. They even had body wash!

Spa/Fitness: I found the spa prices extremely overrpriced so I didn't have any treatments while I was there, however, the fitness center does have aerobics classes. I took 2 zumba classes which were fun. The majority of the aerobic classes are yoga, and Tai Chi, as their clientel is primarily an older crowd. They do have exercise equipment and weights in the gym in you prefer a treadmill or elliptical.

Restaurants: The bar/restaurant within the hotel is quite nice. Service is prompt, and the food was pretty good. I had the Short Rib fries.

Location: The hotel is located within a suburban neighboorhood, hence you will have to drive or taxi to get to downtown Pasadena or Old Town Pasadena. Both areas are only a 10-15 minute ride away.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This exquisite classic hotel is nestled in what appears to be an emaculate neighborhood of old wealth estates. This is a perfect setting for someone that wants to almost get away from it all.
The public areas and guest rooms are impeccable and appointed to the nines. The staff are sincerely polite and attentive. The chef and serving staff set a new standard for excellence!

Bring you favorite book(s) or get lost in your thoughts while strolling the garden-like grounds of "your estate". If you need a bit more stimulation, you are only a short distance from a hidden pear, Old Pasadena.

Whether meeting for business or merely a relaxing pleasure sojourn, you will not be disappointed with this gorgeous destination.

Room Tip: Bring a good book!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The hotel is located in a residential area so it is quite and peaceful. The shuttle service to town was quick with friendly knowledgeable drivers. The rooms are nice and very tranquil making it hard to get up in the mornings to go to meetings. The next time I am in Pasadena I will make this hotel my first choice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel in a great area. Lots of things to do and see. The hotel staff is wonderful, the rooms are nice (and clean), the grounds are lovely. We stayed on the club level and enjoyed everything they had to offer. The staff in the Club lounge was amazing, so friendly and welcoming, we felt right at home. We met some other guest and enjoyed talking to them as well. We had lunch and drinks at the Tap Room, nice place to just to hang out and relax.

The hotel shuttle is free and provides excellent service. Just tip the guys well, they deserve it.

I just don't think you can go wrong at this hotel, it's not super luxurious, but it is first class.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Langham for six days. It is a treat for us to stay at such an upscale hotel and we probably only do it once or twice a year. We had a wonderful time. The hotel and grounds are really beautiful. Everything was extremely clean and well cared for. The service was excellent and very friendly. We felt very welcome and at ease - which is not always the case in this type of hotel. We will definitely stay there again any chance we get!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I wanted a surprise getaway weekend where my husband and I could hide out "in plain site." This hotel, nestled in Pasadena, was everything I could have hoped for...beautiful grounds, gracious hotel staff who were uber attentive to detail, very good food, and luxurious accomodations. We stayed on the Langham Club level which was worth the investment. The Club was a perfect reprieve and my husband and I really appreciated meeting other loyal guests who raved about their many years of enjoyable stays. The Club offerings (alcoholic drinks, full coffee service, mini-tea, etc.) were exceptional. We also liked the fact that we could conveniently leave the property and enjoy shopping and dining in Old Town Pasadena. We will certainly return to the Langham!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple