Impressive upon arrival, this hotel only gets better as you make your way through its classic old styled architecture, and beautiful grounds.
We stayed in a grand deluxe room at the end of a wing of the hotel with a commanding southwest exposure through four large windows. The room was a decent size with a blue and gold color pallet. There was a good writing desk in front of a window, and a comfortable lounge chair that could have used an accompanying ottoman. Our only complaint was that there was not a lot of drawer space, which is something that we like to have. The white marble bathroom was large with separate shower and tub, and a rare hotel bathroom window.
The public rooms on the main level of the hotel are very attractive. The small lobby and nearby corridors that surround the center courtyard exude understated elegance. The lobby lounge is comfortable with a county club look. The Tap Room has been remodeled in a more modern style and is a nice place to have a drink. The Terrace restaurant is where breakfast is served and includes an outdoor area overlooking the pool. The food was excellent, and the service pretty good. We did not dine at the upscale restaurant Royce.
In a separate nearby building is the spa and gym. The gym is very nice, has lots of windows, and it offers a pretty good array of equipment that will enable you to get a full workout. The spa locker rooms are well appointed and includes several wet and dry spa options.
The grounds of the hotel, as others have mentioned, are very nice and worth a walk around to explore the different areas and gardens. The neighborhood around the hotel is full of architectural gems, and allowing time for a walk around this area is also recommended. The hotel is less than a ten minute drive from downtown Pasadena which is a very attractive and fun place to spend some time.
The hotel has several beautiful ballrooms, and therefore attracts events and weddings. On the Saturday night of our stay, the hotel was very busy but managed to keep up with the activity, but large events can sometimes spoil a stay at hotels like this. The pool area also can get a little too busy at times.
With grandeur from another era, combined with modern features, and a beautiful setting, a stay here is fun and special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capturing the grace and elegance of a bygone era, The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles is located at the base of the picturesque San Gabriel Mountains, just nine miles north of downtown Los Angeles in beautiful Pasadena. Located on 23 acres with grand historic ballrooms and gardens, the landmark hotel features delectable dining, the award-winning Chuan Spa and a number of recreational choices such as tennis programming, fitness classes, swimming and nearby golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles Hotel Pasadena
- Langham Huntington Hotel
- The Langham Huntington Hotel