The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,987 results
All reviewsterrace restaurantthe roycebeautiful groundsritz carltonjapanese gardenmain buildingtennis courtslanai buildingthe cottageshorseshoe gardenbeautiful hotelold worldresidential neighborhoodclub levelturn down serviceold schoollos angeles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Stayed on the Club Level with friends in an adjoining room. Our friends live in northern California and we met for a fun weekend. Can't say enough about the whole weekend. Pasadena was a great place to wonder at night. Daytime we went to the Norton Simon Museum. The hotel service was the best we have ever had. Club level was super special. We did not need to buy breakfast or lunch or drinks for that matter. We got all on the club level plus appetizers. One night we ate at the hotel restaurant. Fabulous! But be prepared for a fabulous tab at that restaurant. All the special bottles of wine certainly helped make the tab add up. Hotel is up a winding road that looks like the middle of country estates so don't expect to walk to nearby restaurants or shops but they do offer a shuttle to downtown. We didn't use it so I don't know how it works. Loved this place! Can't wait to go again.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank Trav2912
Reviewed October 1, 2011

The hotel is very nice, big but friendly. We were upgrades to a suite (the california suite - according to the manager the bigger they have) and the suite was fabulous! Plenty of space for the whole family, quite. We truly enjoyed our time there.

I was not too happy with the way they handled the check in (waiting time too long for a 5 star) and I am not sure I would have felt so well if I had not been upgraded (I have seen suites with window on the staircases-porch.)

The restaurant at the pool is very good (both food and service.)

The employees at the reception/valvet are not always at 5* level

Room Tip: California Suite
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sscc0404
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We stayed at The Langham Huntington for 2 nights during our road trip of CA, we found the hotel to be very nice but for the rate you don't get any extras, everything is an extra cost, such as valet parking, wifi (wasnt even that strong in the room), breakfast etc. It had a lovely pool area but to get to it you had to walk through one of the many weddings that seemed to be on each day which was slightly off putting after a long afternoon in the sun to suddenly find yourself at a royal wedding. The terrace in the evening was lovely and the jazz band on the Saturday night was great, the cocktails were also very tasty! I would go back to this hotel if I was planning on spending a lot of time in the hotel, but it is pretty pricey for a base. The rooms were well equipt except for the very large and old television set, for such a upmarket hotel you would expect a plasma, but this was a large box and hard to see from the bed.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CA092011
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stayed a few nights for business purposes so did not get to enjoy all of the amenities they offer. The staff upon arrival were great, very friendly and the front desk was as well. My only note to self for next time is to request the main hotel building. They put my on the bottom floor by the pool, which is a very nice room, but it is a little hike to the front area when you have to be out by 7am and with the LA foggy mornings it doesn't help the hair either!! :)
I was also a little surprised that you can request a coffee maker in your room but if you want the coffee that goes with it it's $25. Next time I won't forget my Starbucks singles!!!
Overall it's nice and I would love to stay there again!

Room Tip: Main hotel area
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank CAgolfgirl
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for a night in sept.
Upon arrival, we were greeted by a very welcoming and polite valet.
During checkin, staff made sure the process was swift (I flew 18hours to get to Los Angeles) so we could get some rest.
We had our luggages delivered to our room and the staff even explained some of the features of the room to us.
Room was spacious and elegantly decorated.
Free wifi...
My welcome gift and note was already in the room ready for me (1865 voyager member) Very good range of bathroom amenities including: lotion, shampoo, body wash, soap, nail file, cotton pad, shower cap, toothbrushes, razor and bedroom slippers. Robe provided too. Bathroom clean, tub was alright, water pressure a little low... Wished it was better.
Bed very comfortable and frette sheets lived up to it's name. TV was old... Box kind and not flat screen.
Breakfast buffet choice was so-so but quality of the food served was good.
Overall a fantastic experience and I'm a happy customer.

Location: pretty good in Pasadena.... About 15mins drive to shopping district and town where abundant dining options are.

• Stayed: September 2011