2,074 results
All reviewsterrace restaurantthe roycebeautiful groundsritz carltonjapanese gardenmain buildingtennis courtslanai buildinghorseshoe gardenthe cottagesbeautiful hotelold worldresidential neighborhoodclassic hotelclub levelturn down serviceold school
Reviewed July 21, 2011

My husband and I went to Pasadena for a one night getaway with our two kids and adult neice. We had a few issues at check-in (our room wasn't ready til 430pm, and we arrived at 2pm with check-in being at 3pm) and unfortunately a kid puked in the pool...bummer..so we had to wait about an hour after a chemical treatment to use the pool while we were waiting for our room. Perfect storm sort of thing, but the check in staff was apologetic, and friendly and we had a good time in spite of it all, so I can over look those hiccups.

Pros:
1. Free Shuttle within 3 miles of the hotel. We has reservations at Smitty's and got a free ride there. (other restaurants I would consider Arroyo Chop House and the Raymond).

2. Old California Hotel. This property is well maintained in an exclusive residential neighborhood. I believe it was built in 1912. The charm is there, with lovely grounds. There is a beautiful veranda on which to enjoy a beverage and relax. The pool is olypmic size pool and has pretty good poolside service.

3. Rooms are nice, elegant but simple. We had two rooms next to each other, and they were shaped diffently, as this is a historic building, you won't find your typical corporate hotel here.

Cons:
1. Late check in. I guess they were booked the night before but it just looks like you don't have your stuff together. It didn't prevent us from enjoying our stay, but some sort of credit, etc should have been offered, since we booked TWO rooms and were checked in late...dare I say upgrade :)

Tips: Pasadena is such a charming town. Go to the Huntington Gardens or the Norton Simon, walk Lake Street shopping district or Old Town. It was a one night trip for us from San Diego but such a fun escape. A fellow traveler who was from Long Beach, enjoying a "Staycation" said I feel like I'm in a diffent country, she was so charmed by the town.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank solomentehawaii
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Room was great at a good price but you pay extra for everything else. Dinner in the room was $85 and that was for a steak, grilled cheese and a dessert. Breakfast was $60 something and that was fruit, cereal, 2 toasts, tea and coffee.

When I asked to have the booze removed from my fridge I was told there would be a $25 charge to do that. I choose to put all the bottles in the bottom draw so I could use the frigde for leftovers and soda.

I gave it 3 stars because the reason we stayed for the night was as a quick getaway and it surfed it's purpose perfectly.

Room Tip: Check which rooms over look the pool or the garden. If you like peace and quiet the garden is best.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mauigirl2005
Reviewed July 14, 2011

The cost to stay at this hotel is not at par to the quality of the beds we had to sleep in. Let me start with what I like. The area where this hotel is located is beautiful. The shops at old Pasadena where a mile away and since this hotel is in residential neighborhood. We felt extremely safe. Bad news is the beds were old and lumpy, it wasn't done in an impeccable high-end manner. Management should also spend money doing a electrical re-design. A fuse exploded while I was blow drying my hair, causing the airconditioning to turn off. After this incident we decided to leave and move to the Comfort Inn instead.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at The Langham a few times aready. This place is absolutely beautiful and so full of history. Customer service throughout the hotel is amazing. The grounds are lovely. The restaurants do tend to be a bit on the pricey side ($24 for a lemon drop martini- yikes!). However, the choices of places to eat and drink in Pasadena are plenty. We come here for the beauty and the relaxation. Each time we have come, we are instantly transported to a different place and time. We love it here and its minutes from downtown Pasadena. I highly recommend The Langham Hotel to anyone that wants to stay in a classy, 5-star hotel.

Room Tip: The Deluxe or Grand rooms are great. The best room rates include valet AND $40 food voucher.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1hapicamper
Reviewed July 10, 2011

My wife and i got married here 13 years ago when it was the Ritz Carlton. We have come back every year for our anniversary. The Hotel was bought by the Langham several years back and it has never been the same. The hotel is still the same hotel that the Ritz had created but their "yes, my pleasure" attitude and policies are gone forever. The upkeep to the hotel is also deteriorating and it is in need of some serious maintenance. Early check ins and late checkouts are consistently a NO. Upon arrival, our room was 85-90 degrees with broken air conditioning. We had to switch rooms to a SMALLER room and were offered zero discount. Phone operators and bell boys are extremely slow. The drink serivce by the pool is really slow and inadequate. Our room service plates and utensils weren't picked up until the following day (not an exageration). You will pay big $$ for parking, internet, or a newspaper. Overall the hotel is understaffed and the staff is not trained. If you want to charge the same rates as the Ritz and Four Seasons, then you should provide the same level of service to your guests.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Billd1970
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

Dear Billd1970,

We appreciate your feedback and apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with your recent stay. We continually strive to provide the best service possible to enchant our guests. Since Langham Hotels acquired the property in 2008, we have invested millions of dollars into improving the property, such as updating many of our guest rooms and cottages, and renovating our spa, bar and fine dining room. We also continue to invest time and resources into training our colleagues and reinforcing the service standards that are a signature of the Langham brand. We apologize that you did not receive the high-level luxury experience that we strive to offer and hope that you will consider staying with us again so we can demonstrate the enchanting hospitality we pride ourselves in delivering to every guest.