$142
$127
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

GreenTree Pasadena Inn(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
$163
$129
$104
$257
$186
$169
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $188/night.

$119
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

$200
$159
$178
$135
$107
2,056 results
All reviewsterrace restaurantthe roycebeautiful groundsritz carltonjapanese gardenmain buildingtennis courtslanai buildinghorseshoe gardenthe cottagesbeautiful hotelold worldresidential neighborhoodclassic hotelclub levelturn down serviceold school
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We are a gay couple with children and booked two rooms at the Langham in for our daughter's birthday. It was a Friday night and the hotel was overbooked so they gave us the amazing Tournament of Roses Suite in stead of our two separate rooms - one of the best Suites in the hotel. My daughter and her friends were thrilled, as were we. The next day we hung out at the pool and were subjected to 10 minutes of two hotel guests laughing and calling us by the "F" word. My daughter finally said something to them and then left in tears. At that point I went over to the individuals and we had a conversation. I then went to the hotel management and had a private conversation and asked security to go out to the pool area as we were being harassed. Both management and hotel security told me that there was nothing they could do about it as the bullying came from another guest and not hotel staff. I said that if someone was using the "N" word at African-American guests in the hotel lobby or pool or sexually harassing a woman guest that surely they would speak to the individuals who were using it. They disagreed! Anyhow, our stay was ruined. My daughter upset. My partner and I upset and shocked at the hotel's response. This sort of verbal abuse in public places is, in my experience, rare in the LA area - to have it happen at a luxury hotel where we had expected to feel welcome, protected and respected was a SHOCK to say the least.

Room Tip: Not a gay-friendly hotel
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
22  Thank DavidinLA078
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2011

Dear DavidinLA078,

Thank you for your comment. As you are already aware, our Hotel Manager and Security Team were apprised of the incident that day and responded accordingly, as we take threats/bullying to our hotel guests very seriously. As a company, we don’t discriminate against our guests and do everything we can to ensure their safety and comfort, as indicated in previous posts on this review site and others.

Our security team did respond to the situation that day and our Hotel Manager has personally contacted you to discuss the matter. Should you have any further comments, please feel free to contact our Hotel Manager directly.

The Langham Huntington, Pasadena

Reviewed May 2, 2011

When is a 5 star not a 5 star? When you reserve your room on the Internet.

I have always tried to be fair when writing my hotel reviews. Make lemon-aide out of lemons that’s my motto. In this case it’s going to be a real stretch.

Getting to the point, I needed a hotel for one night since my wife and I would be attending a wedding reception at the Langham Palace in Pasadena. Logic said just get a basic room for the night. We knew we would be arriving in the late afternoon so using the hotel facilities wouldn’t be in the cards. The solution was a Superior King priced at the lower end of the scale.

When you reserve a cheap room you shouldn’t expect a lot even at the only 5 star hotel in Pasadena. The welcome staff did a great job. Our luggage was ready to go to the room by the time we had checked in. So far so good. It’s what happened later and the next day that made this a less than positive experience.

Arriving at the room the bellman was very embarrassed when our electronic room keys would not work. He let us in and went back to the front desk for new keys. Bad keys not a big deal. Next we went to put some valuables in the room safe and realized it was an older one that takes a key. Of course there was no key. We were told they would gladly fix it but it would take a few hours. Considering time was not on our side, we said thank you and went to dinner. The hotel restaurant provided fair pricing and great service.

After dinner we went back to our room and pulled the curtains (the sun had gone down) and looked at our view. The view could have been nice had the windows been washed on the last month or two. Tacky! This is supposed to be a 5 star hotel remember. Next the barking started and lasted for over 4 hours straight. Some little yippy lap dog must have been left in the room across the hall and wasn’t happy to be let alone. Did I mention the TV was as old as the hotel or pretty close. The TV was not wide screen, hi-definition but rather an old fashion tube type. Bet you the nicer rooms had nicer TV’s.

I asked the hotel about their dog policy and was told for an additional $125 per day you can have pets. I understand these things happen. What I got from the desk clerk was yes we were aware of the barking dog. Nothing like can we provide you with a discount or a voucher for a future date. Did they owe me something, not really. A real 5 star hotel would have been begging to make it right.

The icing on the cake was when I asked about a late checkout? We were guests of the hotel and attending a reception on their premises. All we wanted was a 1:30 or so check out. What happened next was the deal breaker. The desk clerk looked at her screen and clearly could see this was a low-end room. She asked her supervisor who also looked at the screen and immediately said no the best they could do was 12:30. This was on Sunday. There is no way the room was booked on a Sunday for an early check-in. It was a $199.00 Internet rate pure and simple.

In closing, I stay at a lot of hotels all over the world. Generally 5 stars or over 6 stars in some foreign countries are what we generally book. Never have we booked less than club or higher-level rooms. This experience was not five stars. The Quality Inn or Best Western on Colorado Blvd. would have been a better choice. Beware of their low priced Internet rooms. You will get what you pay for.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank CruiserDeluxe
sarrra, Front Office Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

Dear CruiserDeluxe:

Thank you for selecting The Langham Huntington for your recent trip to Pasadena. I was disappointed to learn that we failed to meet your expectations, as we strive to provide our guests with excellent service and accommodations. Your concerns have been discussed with our Executive Housekeeper as well as our Director of Engineering in hopes of improving our services. We are very grateful for your business and appreciate you letting us know about your experiences. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience and frustration you experienced during your stay with us. We consider you an important guest and will do our best to ensure these types of problems do not happen again.

Edwin Rodriguez
Front Office Manager

Reviewed May 2, 2011

We just came back from a quick weekend trip at the Langham. We found the Langham to be outstanding in every way. The suite we had (Huntington Suite overlooking the "horseshoe garden") was beautiful and huge. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very large as well. Everything was very clean.

The staff surprised us with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting in our room since it was our anniversary. There was music playing in the background upon entering the room as well. The Tap Room bar was very nice and they had a nice jazz band on Friday and Saturday night; strong drinks and good appetizers.

The most important part of the stay was the staff. We were treated perfect the whole weekend and the staff were not "stuffy" at all. Sometimes in higher end hotels the staff can be snobs. Not the case here. They were all so polite and always asked us for our name so they could address us in a polite fashion. One staff member even remembered our last name and every time we saw him during the weekend he would address us by our last names.

All in all, I would stay here again and suggest anyone who is thinking about staying here should!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank APDJOHN
Reviewed April 30, 2011

This is a very nice looking hotel in a beautiful setting, BUT there is an immediate sting when you arrive - a compulsory $25 per night valet parking. This effectively added 25% to the cost of our stay. I raised it as an issue at the time via the hotel's comments page on their own web site, and only received an auto reply. So basically I can only conclude that there is a deliberate policy to lure people in with competitive room rates and then sting us on arrival.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
19  Thank ray7831
sarrra, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

Thank you for your comment. Although our valet parking fees are mentioned at time of booking and in confirmation letters, we appreciate your feedback and will review our processes to make sure guests are more aware of our standard charges before they arrive. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed April 21, 2011

I just stayed at this hotel and did not get any anti-gay vibe at all. I had a gay friend who stayed over too and another gay couple that visited us at the hotel and no one had a problem. We had dinner at the hotel and drinks in the tap room and did not have any issues. It seems I was at the hotel at the same time or near the time as the other traveler who left a negative review based on a gay slur being used against her brother at the pool. I just haven't experienced that here but if I did I would be angry too if the staff did nothing. I just wonder why a call was made to the manager and why the reviewer did not just go to the lobby and ask for the manager? Something just sounds fishy about this review.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business