Hotel Le Reve Pasadena
Good 3.5/5
La Casa Inn(Pasadena)
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewswet barquality innfront deskevery morningrose bowloutstanding customer servicereception areaflat screena great stayrosietargetwestin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Drove in from Vegas and stayed one night. We were looking for a cheap hotel but I didn't want to stay at the super 8. Saw some reviews online for this place and they were mostly good.

Very helpful clerk at the front named Vincent. Super friendly and nice.

GREAT room. It had a Huge bed and was very room. The air conditioner was quiet and worked great (my bf likes to keep the room at 69 degrees).

Its in a great area. Next to the suburbs, so its very quite. The nightlife is about a 10 minute drive away. There's a store down the street and also the freeway.

Checking in was very quick and easy and so was checking out.

There's a huge hot tub and pool area where you can lounge and hang out. There's also a sauna and free breakfast.

If you are not looking for a ritzy hotel but still a nice one, this is the place to go. We will definitely be returning

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank alicia k
HLRpasadena, General Manager at Hotel Le Reve Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

LOL … I thought I was the only person who likes to sleep in a bedroom at 69 degrees; too funny. AliciaK, what can I possible answer to this review. I have tears in my eyes; it’s perfect!

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Rosie is an awesum customer service spokesperson!! Compliments to chef for lovely breakfast..Wld def cme back wen nxt in LA..Rooms wer comfy an wlda stayed longer bt had accomodation for free elsewea bt if I had to pay ths wld b tha place!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 627jeaniner

To all the “haters” on TripAdvisor dishing HLR … BOOYAH‼! Check out this review -- Hell Yeah!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is a great clean place to stay. I stay here very often. Very clean rooma. Great beds. Flat screen tvs. It is in LA which is a horribly ghetto city and right next to the freeeay. But i travel here for work all the time. And since i cane here the first time this is my go to hotel. Ive stayed at many nearby and for the same price or even higher you have hookers and cracheads on the premesis, and run down rooms with burn marks in the sink(probably cooking drugs) this is a great safe nice hotel to stay at in LA and one of the ony pet friendly hotels around unless you want a motel 6 yhat smells like mold or you want to pay twice as much. Also the staff are great and friendly. Especially Rosie.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Bigbulldogbruce

I will most definitely make sure to tell Rosie about your shout-out.

Thank you for letting everyone recognize that L.A. is NOT really all that nice and neither are their hotels; not unless you want to stay at the Ritz for $900@ngt. Check out some of the negative reviews folks have written about us; they say we are just as bad - unbelievable.

Pasadena is without a doubt a better place to stay with simple transportation and short distance to Los Angeles via Metro Rail for a buck-forty-five. Just can’t bet it.

You got my respect BigBullDogBruce … thanks for the props.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

For the first time, I felt that TripAdvisor reviewers let me down. I can't imagine how this property obtained the #2 rating in Pasadena.

While the rooms are clean, this is a refurbished motel in a noisy commercial district. Despite having closed windows, the freeway whine was always apparent. The staff was friendly, but at check-in we discovered that the two-bed double room I'd reserved was only available for the second and third nights of our stay. Luckily, I was traveling with an old friend who didn't mind sharing a king-size bed the first night; however, we had to pack up our belongings the next morning, check out of the room, and check in again that afternoon. The front desk also charged my card for all three nights upon our arrival, a practice I'd never seen before.

The best part of our stay was the complimentary breakfast. Well-prepared eggs and sausage, delicious salsa and country potatoes, and some unique side dishes. The coffee was just so-so and the bread and fruit selections weren't extensive, but the price was definitely right.

Room Tip: We requested the top (third) floor, to avoid hearing footsteps above us. The front desk also put us in the middle of the wing, as an attempt to reduce the freeway noise. Not sure if that helped at all...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank MarshaMello

OK, quiz time … who has traveled the world as much as “MarshaMello” (163 cities visited) and can give me the definitions to the following words: Hotel, Motel, Inn, Tavern, Hostel, Villa and BB (just to name a few)?

… but, in different languages with respect to the countries she’s visited.

Keep in mind that MarshaMello has traveled to 163 different cities around the world (literally) and missed the use of the word “hotel” in Southern California.

If you answer correctly, I will extend a 20% discount off your next visit for the first night; only one guest (contestant) will receive this offer if answered correctly (certain terms & conditions do apply); email your answer to info @ hotel le reve pasadena . com and put on the subject line HLR contest.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Good service does not, in my opinion, outweigh dated facilities, no matter how they have been updated. Too close to freeway noise, too far from downtown Pasadena do not make up the difference. Do not know how this place rated #2 in Pasadena and makes me question the reviews on this site. We stayed in January and the room was fine but nothing special. Outside did not look that nice and the neighborhood was a mix of commercial of every sort. We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Pasadena in March and it was centrally located, much nicer, without the freeway noise for only a bit more in cost. Will sadly opt for a larger chain hotel instead of a mom and pop place next time.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ann F

… just ok??? How can that be possible? Our map does show us next to the freeway which also shows us 3 miles from Downtown; what else can we possible do to let our Guests know??? I know, maybe if I put a big spotlight in front of the building; maybe Google Maps will make our location stand out.

OUCH … the way we rated No. 2 is NOT up to us; but the fine Guests that stay with us and obviously TripAdvisor Monitoring -- you should give them a call to check on our reviews.

"Ah well, c'est la vie”, but by the way Courtyard is a nice place -- I now a few people out there, nice crew.