“Great motel”

Hotel Le Reve Pasadena
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is a great motel. (There should be a separate category for motels vs. hotels). My room was on the third floor, so there was no one above me. The room is pretty big and holds a king bed, round table with two chairs, desk, chest of drawers, wet bar and the bathroom area. The rug was pretty new and clean. The bed was firm. The breakfast is great and changes each day so there is variety. Pancakes, waffles, cereal, coffee, tea, eggs, potatos. The cook is quite enthusiastic and helpful. I would have liked a room safe and the wifi was a bit weak when I was at the desk. It was better when I moved by the window.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor away from the street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
HLRpasadena, General Manager at Hotel Le Reve Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

WOW ... this review is awesome, also ... we are almost done with our NEW WiFi - we listened to our Guests and moved forward with a huge increase in power. Thanx RussellF.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

A major misnomer...this is NOT a hotel. This is a motel. Exterior was dingy and dirty. The lobby was, putting it tactfully, glitchy. The room doors were outside, as in any motel. The interior of the rooms was a bit nicer than the outside would suggest, but, again, only nice when comparing it to what was expected from the exterior. Don't let the photographs fool you, it's nowhere as nice as it looks. The breakfast wasn't awful, but it clearly wasn't as good as the pedestrian breakfasts at places like Denny's. The air conditioner was loud and the motel is between a great and a main street. Quiet is not a description I'd use. The one good thing about the experience was that it was inexpensive...but not worth the savings

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank smkdg448
HLRpasadena, General Manager at Hotel Le Reve Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Interesting review. Everyone knows that the word motel is not used anymore by the industry. Look it up on “wiki”. I thought our pictures were pretty cool (no photo shop here) … our website has pictures of the outside, lobby, rooms and pool area; what did you see that was deceiving?

BTW: It is not permissible to have any association with folks leaving reviews; plus, they are monitored by TripAdvisor.

Sorry about the breakfast, everyone else seems to “love-it” … but if you are ever in town, there is a Denny’s down the street from us with plenty of specials.

If I may suggest, next time you need to visit Pasadena; you should try to booking with The Langham Huntington - Pasadena - they have wonderful accommodations … C'est la vie!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

The staff at Le Reve were wonderful, helpful and friendly and the breakfasts are amazing. The rooms are better than what you would expect for the price and location, nice white sheets, clean bathrooms and fast internet. If you need a place to stay for a few days in Pasadena, I don't think you could beat Le Reve for its value, convenience and location. What is most amazing is the breakfast. The chef goes out of his way to make everyone welcome, each day with different options, nothing like the horrible food you would get at a chain hotel. I would recommend Le Reve highly if you are on a budget, like good food, free internet and parking (and find yourself in Pasadena).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank hockeydame

My dear “ma dame” … viva La Canada! To have such wonderful Guests like you, at HLR, is always a pleasure. The highlight of my day is to hear a Guest say that we provided a memorable stay. merci beaucoup.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

the staff is overflowing w customer service... property is safe... rooms are clean and comfortable even thou a bathroom is a bit dated... excellent location but parking is tight... overall a very pleasant experience

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank vaycaymyway

Wait till you see our new rooms coming late winter 2014 … you will not be disappointed! VayCayMyWay if you come back after our renovations make sure to ask for one of the new rooms.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed here overnight with my girlfriend with low expectations, but was definitely impressed by the accommodations and amenities. First of all, an indoor jacuzzi with a sauna and shower were great to relax in which we had all to ourselves. There was also an outside pool (too cold for the time of year) with a small gym. The room was super clean and nice and we appreciated the lobby design. The only thing that I would say was sub par was the cable signal to the TV in the room which gave us a fuzzy picture. The person working the front desk recommended the free breakfast which we attended in the morning. Having had my share of free breakfasts provided by hotels/motels which usually consists of toast and coffee I wasn't expecting much but, surprise, the food was excellent- sausages, potatoes, scrambled eggs, pancakes, etc. with juice and coffee. For two people you would probably spend $25 alone on the quality of food.. and it was a buffet. One thing to note is that logistically, if you are wanting to be close to Old Town Pasadena you are on the far end of Colorado, but it's not too far by car (10 min) but definitely not walkable. As with all motels try to get the upper floor (they have 3 levels) for less noise.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HEYHEY661

HEYHEY11 … you’re the man! This review is off the charts. Thank you sir.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I had a pleasant stay here at Le Reve. Mostly because of the hospitality of the front desk Vincent. He was very helpful and helped make our stay more enjoyable. I would recommend staying here if you are going to be in the Pasadena area. they have the best breakfast variety, and there bagels are the best. Great quality.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank TeKa T

Funny you would mention the BigOlBagels … for some reason or another we have notice that no matter how much food is served during our Breakfast Buffet; bagels come up on top. TekaT don’t be a stranger and make sure to come back during your next trip.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a place to stay in Pasadena and had the opportunity to stay at Le Reve. The accommodations were superb. The upgraded reception area and gym are a welcome site. The pool was too cold to swim in but the indoor jacuzzi was fabulous. The staff was attentive to our needs and provided exceptional customer service. I enjoy staying at Le Reve since it is local to downtown pasadena and provides all the amenities that we need. After a great night’s rest, we indulged in the fresh complimentary breakfast with an inservice chef. and started our day. I would most certainly stay at the Le Reve again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nick G

Thank you NickG for your kind words. Guest like you and your wife is what makes Hotel Le Reve; since you enjoyed your stay … can I ask you a question - do you have any suggestions that you think would make us better and/or that you would like us to change; please let me know. Sincerely, Manager