“Great location, clean and helpful staff.”

GreenTree Pasadena Inn
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed May 12, 2010

What a nice motel. The location is near Old Town and the metro with direct link to Los Angeles. The rooms are clean. The inclusive breakfast is in a charming first floor area which undercover enclosed patio. The staff were hard working and friendly. Well done!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for GreenTree Pasadena Inn

Reviewed April 15, 2010

this is the best kept secret in pasadena. i have stayed here anywhere from 3 days to 30days during my 8 trips the last 26 months. i have always felt safe here even when i stayed solo the 5 times of the 8 trips. this place is ideally situated in walking distance(3
blocks to colorado blvd.(restaurants, theaters,mall,museum, shopping,etc.) . the electric ,noisefree, gold line train to la less than 2 blocks away. buses everywhere. wholefoods,restaurants within view of the inn. the operation of the inn is superb due to the devoted personnel and manager ms. choi. when you stay here, you don't feel that you are staying at a hotel, but at a friend's home. after a good nights sleep you can partake of a complimentary breakfast which is well stocked for all appetites.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mazelny
Reviewed March 28, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and found this hotel meets my expectation as a budget hotel in a pricy area. It's 10 minutes walk to old town Pasadena, shopping area and convention center. There is a supermarket and light rail station just cross the street. The room that I stayed was clean, has a microwave and fridge. The free breakfast is basic but it's OK. The only discomfort I had is the floor of the upper floor corridor outside of the room, you can feel any time people walking by.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2010

I booked this hotel for a 1 night stay,that was way too long for me!
I arrived early in the morning to find a grayish dimly dismal looking room.holes in the sheets and bed spread,the smell was almost like they had stored a dead body in the room! Opened the balcony door to get the smell out,and the screen door fell 3 floors to the ground!
No lights in the bathroom,and when I plugged my phone charger into the wall,it was as if it was spit out! Bathroom plumbing so bad,nasty,and rude people at the desk, just a real bad experience all around,not to mention the ants,and the mold in the bathroom!
I do not know what century these rooms were last cleaned,but I am betting it was before my time.
One bathroom in the pool area,and that is closed,went in anyway because of a nose bleed and was talked down by a very rude employee! Hello! Nose bleed! More then likely from the dirty place! Do yourself a favor and do not stay here! Thumbs down!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Phaethonkirk
Reviewed March 7, 2010

In a good neighborhood of Pasadena.

The price offers good value.

The staff is friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 5, 2010

Stayed at this hotel overnight only to have the toilet eject yellow fluid from bowl at 2am, this is a plumbing back pressure issue, hotel staff seemed unconcerned when I reported the problem at checkout.
The same 50 degree morning I went to complimentary outdoor breakfast buffet only to have Breakfast Nazi tell me "no food in rooms" citing "sanitary concerns". None of the patio warmers were in service, so I pitched most of what I had dished myself in the trash and left. Funny how the rooms have refrigerators and microwaves when "sanitary conditions" are an overwhelming concern.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank divingrockz
Reviewed December 17, 2009

This is a nice clean hotel and is good for many reasons (and we got a good price). The photos posted on T.A. made it look a little like a dive so I was a bit nervous but it was perfectly fine for the weekend and we would certainly stay there again. There were so many benefits to this hotel that we were very happy with our choice .The Pasadena Inn is very close to downtown Old Town Pasadena, it was easy to just park and walk anywhere we needed to go the whole weekend (which was a priorety for us). The room was very comfortable, extremely clean, and you can tell they are updating everything (new paint, landscaping, and slate walls/details around the property). The bathrooms looked new and had nice modern marble tile in the shower, the rest of the room was your basic simple hotel room, clean crisp comforter and sheets, mini fridge and microwave were also a plus. We really enjoyed the no hassle parking (which was also a big part of our decision to stay here) as well as the brief continental breakfast (and had the weather been warmer, I would have enjoyed the small the pool too). Breakfast consisted of cereal, prepackaged danishes, a waffle maker and batter, toast, apples/oranges and coffee or tea (there might have been juice too). And when they mean breakfast goes until 9:30, they are not messing around, away it goes. I got there about 9:20 and it was being put away even though I was trying to make some breakfast. (other than this minor annoyance the hotel service was excellent in all aspects) The breakfast cups for coffee/tea, are very small, no making your coffee and walking around while enjoying it, it was more like a demitasse. I really wanted to have some tea and enjoy it while going for a stroll (reading the paper etc) so that was a bit of a bummer (I'm guessing it would be for coffee drinkers too). Also, the walls might have been a little thin, we could hear the people next door once so I'm not sure if they were only there once or if that person's voice was just louder. We were on a corner so only one room on one side so it wasn't really a problem. Also as a side note: I have never been to Pasadena before so I didn't know what to expect but this location felt safe, and had lots to do with in walking distance (music, wine, restaraunts, shops, etc.) Everyone at the front desk were extremely helpful and very kind.

Also, where breakfast was served, on a second story patio, I could see this might be a good spot to have a meeting or gather if you are traveling with a group.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple