“Wonderful staff”

Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
San Diego
“Wonderful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here for the second time over Memorial Day weekend. We were cheerfully greeted by 3 staff members upon our arrival. They were very helpful and forthcoming with tips on where to get food, groceries, and other things around the neighborhood. This is by a lot of attractions in Pasadena and close to the 210. It is very reasonably priced for the location and the friendly staff make me eager to choose this place when we go back to Pasadena. Free wifi, fridge is available, nice bathrooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

For the price, a superior stay. Clean, large room, free breakfast, free parking, 3-block walk to major shopping and restaurant district of Old Pasadena, close to freeways too. Friendly staff, free wifi, fridge in room, big thick towels. Stay here!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LittleOldMagee
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

On a recent trip to the Huntington Library we decided to spend the night in Pasadena and not drive the one hundred miles home. We looked at the Langham and other higher end hotels and decided we really were not going to spend much time in our hotel room to justify the price.

We got the last room available at The Pasadena Inn and we are glad we did! The location is really good for walking around and exploring Old Town Pasadena. Yes, the hotel is a little Motel 6-ish, but who cares? The room was quite large with two queen sized beds and very clean. Best of all, the hotel staff upon checking in were friendly and accomodating, not to mention very welcoming.
I have found in my travels that the attitude of the hotel staff is really huge and can affect your entire hotel staff if everyone is not on board to make the vacationer feel appreciated for their patronage.
I always ask myself, "would I stay at this hotel again?" If the answer is "yes", it's more than likely the hotel was at least very good to excellent.

Room Tip: We were worried our room was right by the stairs, but we slept soundly with no problem at all.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank candaceseverson
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I read all the great reviews on this hotel before I booked and I'm so glad we stayed here. The place was super clean, which I rarely say since I am a clean freak. The bed was very comfortable. My daughter and I felt safe and the staff was so friendly and helpful. They got us checked in before 3pm which was great since we had been up at 5am and battled traffic and freeways we are not used to. Plus it was in a great location. Near freeways, shops, restaurants, whole foods. Very easy to get in and out of. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank skymad1997
Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I like to stay at small independent hotels, it's more interesting, cheaper and gives me a better feel for the community. Sometimes I make a booking mistake and end up in some nasty places. Every now and then I find a true jewel. The Pasadena Inn is a diamond. The staff is ultra friendly (kudos to the young AA lady who checked me in - you were awesome), parking is easy and free, the internet works well, the rooms are large and nearly perfect. The breakfast is well done, and the lady serving the breakfast area is quite friendly and accommodating. There are restaurants nearby. The biggest whole food store I have seen is across the street.

I recommend this place.

Room Tip: if you cant do stairs ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Frank H
Madera, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed over Valentines weekend. The hotel is older but clean and the rooms are actually quite large. The lady who checked me In was very friendly but the lady at the breakfast bar was not friendly. I guess the price was ok for Pasadena but I have found much better Hotels much lower prices in cities like Long Beach. I guess it depends on where you need to go.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Twinkiesdaddy
Austin, Texas, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I found the Pasadena Inn to be very conveniently located for local attractions and transport to the airport. It is less than four blocks walk up Arroyo Pkwy to Colorado Boulevard at a point between Old Pasadena and the Convention Centre / Paseo Colorado Mall. A wide variety of restaurants for meals in the nearby area; Whole Foods and Trader Joe's are very close.

The Del Mar light rail station is less than two blocks walk, I took the Flyaway Bus from LAX to Union Station and then the Gold Line to Pasadena. The trip takes about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

The room was clean, in good condition and good-sized. There was a refrigerator, microwave and land-line phone. Wifi was free and responsive as there are six access points around the property.

There is a breakfast room above the office, with breads, cereal, beverages, etc. Sausages and taquitos were the hot items.

The downside was that the reverse cycle heating / airconditioning sounds from other rooms was too noisy for me as was the plumbing in the room above.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo