“Great value, location, and hospitality.”

GreenTree Pasadena Inn
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I had to book a room here in the last minute, and wasn't expecting that I'd want to give it a rave review - but I do! If you're looking for a fancy room, this isn't the place you'd book anyway. However, it's very clean, a good place to get some work done while you're on business, right on the Gold Line and in easy walking distance of Old Pasadena, and just downright pleasant. The staff have been wonderful, a real break from many hotels I've stayed at. The pool is small but immaculate. Though they do have a breakfast available, it's hard to take advantage of it when there's a Whole Foods kitty-corner from there with pretty much anything you could possibly want. As a bonus, there was an in-room fridge and microwave, which came in very handy when bringing home some leftovers from the fabulous restaurants just a few blocks away. If and when I come back to Pasadena, I will definitely come here again!

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back are quieter than the ones closer to the street.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Daemonaquila
There are newer reviews for GreenTree Pasadena Inn

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I spent too long the night before looking for a place to stay that was to the north of LA, all typical business hotels were all booked. This room was booked and paid using Orbitz.
Arrival was at around 4PM and I was assigned a ground floor room on the north side. The desk attendant was courteous and helpful, telling me about local restaurants and Whole Foods. My room was warm on arrival with the day temp in the 90's but the AC was turned off at the unit under the window in the exterior wall. I turned it on - high and cold - at the unit and left for a cool drink and email catch at Whole Foods.When I came back in an hour and a half the room was cold.
Smaller size room than a typical Hampton with a smaller sink area, too. My room was clean, looked exactly like a mid range hotel room and sleeping was quiet on this midweek night with the ac turned to low and a few degrees up from frigid. The bed was comfortable for single sleeping. The breakfast on the second floor was adequate and included. The breakfast area was pretty warm since it is open to the elements and it was going to push 100 that day. Parking is tight but I noticed that about most LA area spots visited and the rental Camry fit. This was business travel so I was looking for a clean room with a chance to rest as best as possible when factoring 3 hour time change. The pool's location is not going to compel a unplanned dip but it looked fine for cooling off and sized large enough for child play after a day's drive. Certainly, I have no troubles or bugs to report and I left thinking that if my travels bring me back this way I could stay here again. At a less than $120 this was on the high side of decent.

Room Tip: Maybe it's arrive earlier and the room selections are better? Other people at the same time had...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank AlgonquinLakeGang
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Wasn't expecting much, got less. Very small room, uncomfortable bed, but at least a clean room.
Nice pool and Jacuzzi, too bad the Jacuzzi is not even warm. It ruins your trip when you book a place for the Jacuzzi and they are too cheap to heat it.
Book a place without pool and jacuzzi and you wil be better off.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was assigned to a dirty room - the room I was moved into was swarming with ants. The front desk assured me they would take care of it but didn't. I took a cockroach home - I am positive it came from this hotel - there were several dead around the premises. The air conditioner didn't work. Lighting was terrible.
One of the front desk attendants was extremely rude and unhelpful. I emailed the hotel to inform them since this was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had, and requested follow up - I didn't get any. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. Spend the extra $50 and stay in a clean place with good customer service.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alison B
Reviewed August 9, 2012

OK for one night or 2. Right in the heart of Pasadena. Parking is difficult to navigate and get in and out of. Continental breakfast included but staff did not tell about it. Found out on my own. Stops at 9:30 sharp. Microwave and fridge nice touch, but nothing in the room to tell where to find ice, not even a pen or pad by the phone. I stayed in 2 different rooms. The ground level room right off parking lot was noisier than the room on the 3rd floor.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great for an overnight stay, ample space for three-four people. Refrigerator, microwave, WIFI, nice TV, AC, ample parking. I have learned this summer to splurge when i get to my destination but that on the way to the locale or for a quick overnight stay, go for the inexpensive, clean place. There was a Whole Foods right across the street so we were able to buy dinner and bring it back to the hotel, very convenient. Definitely would stay again when visiting Pasadena or the surrounding areas.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Redpatch7
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The staff here did a great job of making you feel welcome, only 3 blocks from old town and close to quite a few restaurants. The price was good the rooms comfortable (a bit outdated) and very quiet place to stay. The parking is free which is a bonus in this part of L.A. area, although it does have a somewhat Motel feel for the price and location it's a good place to stay. I would stay here again if the occasion comes up.

Room Tip: The bottom floor where I stayed allows access to your car.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple