“A lucky find, we had a enjoyable stay.”

GreenTree Pasadena Inn
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
London, United Kingdom
“A lucky find, we had a enjoyable stay.”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We chanced upon the motel when looking to stay in L.A. It was a lucky find as Pasadena is a great area, it is affluent and it shows...lovely restaurants and shops and good transport links into downtown LA. The motel was staffed by friendly helpful staff, the rooms are a good size and very clean (if a little dark), the bathroom was also well stocked with towels and soaps. The breakfast was good waffles, boiled eggs, toast, cereal and fruit. My only gripe is that there were only disposable cups and plates for the breakfast but that seems to be quite common in the USA. I would stay here again and recomend for visitors to LA.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank HappyHols012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Carefree, Arizona
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Visited my daughter's family over my birthday weekend and received a lovely orchid plant from the hotel management. What a lovely surprise that continues to remind me of the visit.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank bgowan54
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I stayed at the Pasadena Inn on a Sunday Evening. What an awful experience! I asked for a non-smoking room and was put in a room next to an ashtray that was bolted to the wall. People talking by the ashtray and smoking from 3am to 4am as well as my room being filled by smoke that poured in throught the air conditioning unit. Then a delivery truck made all kinds of noise at 5am. Then it was all topped off by an absolutely terrible breakfast with burnt eggs and warm milk. $100 per night for a place that gives the felling of being in the ghetto! What a joke! I wish there was a zero star rating.

Room Tip: very dirty and staff does not speak english
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank bobbymalick
Torrance, California
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I stayed here with friends from Iowa and one from Japan. Everything was fine, but shortly after our stay I had a charge on my credit card. They said something is missing from the room. I know this is not true because I was there and my friends stayed with me at my place (just 25 miles away) for one day and no one had an item from the hotel. When I called the hotel with my friend they stated many things have gone missing lately. Sounds like someone in their staff is taking items. When I suggested that they person whom I spoke with stated "I know that's not true" even though he was not there the day we checked out. Apparently no one in management was is there on Sundays.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank dohboy69
Concord, CA
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed at Pasadena Inn over Memorial Day weekend. This is a basic motel that has been refurbished on the exterior with updated colors, light fixtures, new balcony railings, slate walkways and patios. The whole property is freshly painted inside and out and very clean. The rooms are entered from outside walkways. Furnishings are in excellent condition, and the rooms are very clean. That said, the decor is stark and unimpressive - white walls, no artwork. In the room is a bed, night tables, dresser/TV cabinet, desk and desk chair. The rooms are good size, but no side chairs or tables. Each room has fridge and microwave.
The motel is about four blocks from Colorado Blvd., an easy walk. Parking is ample and free on the ground floor or in an underground garage. Breakfast is included on an upstairs covered deck and includes cereals, fruit, hardboiled eggs, packaged pastries, toast, hot waffles, and beverages. The front desk, housekeeping and breakfast staff are all friendly and courteous.
Beds are reasonably comfortable, AC/heat units work well, and showers were fine. Noise was a problem from people passing by outside the room, car engines, and the sound of running water from neighboring rooms which is very loud. I was awakened at 4:30 am when the neighbors decided to shower. The wi-fi is very sketchy. I could not get it to work on my lap-top, even though it worked just fine at Whole Foods across the street.
This brings me to my final point. Whole Foods across the street is the best thing about the Pasadena Inn. It is a HUGE store, two full floors, and they have EVERYTHING. You can get excellent coffee, take out food, good wine selection. They have a great cafe/restaurant area where you can eat or have coffee and use the free wi-fi that actually works! They even have a really nice wine and tapas bar with happy hour, although I didn't have time to take advantage of it. The metro station is across the street from the motel, which is very convenient if you want to go into downtown LA.
Pasadena is a beautiful area with incredible architecture. Don't miss the Huntington Botanical Gardens and museums, a very beautiful and memorable experience!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank DJinconcord
Syracuse,NY
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Have stayed here a number of times in the last two years. It definitely has some very good points, primarily its' location which is close to the freeway yet very near the center of Pasadena. Within walking distance is Trader Joes and Whole Foods.
As for the Inn itself ..did stay in a King and Double room , both were clean and comfortable . There is a newish system to control the Heat/Air settings that seems unnecessary ,but it does seem to work. The WiFi however is the worst I've ever seen in any motel we've stayed in...don't count on getting any internet work done. The breakfast area is comfortable, but pretty much outdoors so it can be chilly in the February morning air and wet if it rains the night before. Parking can be challenging if you arrive late in the day , but there is an underground parking garage as well. The elevator servicing the garage was very convenient.
In summary..we have stayed at this Inn for its convenience and value . Since it was booked solid most nights..many others feel the same way. We will most likely stay here again in the future.
This is a clean , nice motel ...but keep expectations in check..it's not Hampton Inn nor Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JOSATCS
Stockton, California
Reviewed December 17, 2010

The rooms heater is so loud it keeps you awake if you want to stay warm otherwise you have to pull the key out of the wall LOL. To take my conference call I had to turn it off completely or I couldnt be heard on the phone. The so called free breakfast is upstairs in a covered yet open area to the outside, hence you freeze. The danishes were packaged and frozen, bagels were packaged in plastic wrapping, cereal if you like it, toast cant mess that up and waffle machines but apparently you have to ask for the batter, they just dont trust you to use it on your own, all in all I went to find other means to breakfast. The traffic on the street is noisy but will say the front desk people were nice. The rooms okay no closet and very little counter space for your toilettries in the bathroom (a necessity for a woman) No I wont be staying here again even if it was a free night stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business