“An overrated experience”
Review of Hilton Pasadena

Hilton Pasadena
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is a great location, walking distance to almost everything in Pasadena. However, this hotel lacks the commensurate room quality and services expected of a premium hotel. At Check in breakfast coupons, included in the room rate, were not provided, had to be requested three times and only arrived minutes before breakfast. (why couldn't these be issued at check in?) On the up side, the breakfast buffet and service is really good! Bell services were non existent. The room was small and furnishings were old and worn. No refrigerator or microwave. In General, the expected perks of a premium hotel are realized more in the value of a Garden Inn or Homewood Suites. The cost of "extras" in "premium" hotels can often exceed one night room rate and are usually included with a better room at a lower price at these "lesser" properties. This hotel is no exception. If location is key to your stay, this is a great place. If value is important, stay at a "lesser" hotel

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room on a high floor, west facing.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for kindly sharing your candid review on the Hilton Pasadena. Please note that we are currently underway in reviewing our renovation plans for the hotel.

With regards to the breakfast coupons, please know that this is certainly not the standard and you are correct in that the breakfast coupons are typically placed in the room key card packet, please know that I will address this will the appropriate department head. I’m delighted to hear that you felt the breakfast service to be really good and I appreciate your sharing this note.

For future references, please kindly be advised that fridge and microwave are available upon request and availability. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon!

*Please contact Csprayberry@hiltonpasadena.com so we can Make It Right for you!*

Carl Sprayberry

Write a ReviewReviews (1,299)

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I had to turn off the A/c unit overnight it was just so pound - fortunately the room did not overheat
Otherwise this is a good typical hilton
No executive suite/level but they do include a breakfast coupon for the buffet which is nice
Convenient for downtown
Rooms are a little dated but they do have a plug for devices next to the bend including USB connectors - big plus - should be standard everywhere
Gym was reasonable but not great

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DrNic1

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences at the Hilton Pasadena and please know that your feedback is greatly valued. I do apologize that you had to experience the inconvenience of having to turn off the A/C due to the noise; I will certainly relay this to my Engineering team.

Please kindly be advised that we are currently underway in reviewing our hotel’s renovation plans and I’m pleased that you were able to take advantage of our USB plug-in near the bed. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel was recommended to me by my boss. It has all the typical Hilton appeal - beautiful lobby, attentive staff, clean rooms, quiet atmosphere. The breakfast buffet was top notch. I woke up refreshed and ready to tackle a presentation for a major client. 'Nuff said.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on the Hilton Pasadena and I am pleased to hear that your experiences with the hotel have been satisfactory and that you were able to enjoy the top notch breakfast! I’m delighted to hear that you were able to wake up refreshed and ready to take on your day.

Thank you again for your loyalty to the Hilton Pasadena and for your patronage, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Hilton Pasadena and wishing you safe travels!

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I booked this hotel due an proximity and name. I am very particular about hotels that I book and Hilton's chain is usually consistent. Staff & services are above par but the hotel could use room upgrades.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on the Hilton Pasadena and I am pleased to hear that your experiences with the hotel were satisfactory and that you found the staff and service to be above par.

Please note that we are currently underway in reviewing our hotel’s renovation plans.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Overall a nice hotel. The interior appears to be a little on the old side, but the room size was good and the bed was comfortable. The exercise room was adequate. Several cardio machines as well as free weights and space for stretching. I definitely recommend the buffet breakfast. I looked forward to that everyday...the cheese blintzes were a treat! Not a huge buffet like the big Vegas hotels, but still good choices.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank trojankelly

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on the Hilton Pasadena and I am pleased to hear that you found the room size good and the beds comfortable. I’m delighted to read that you look forward to the breakfast every day, the cheese blintzes are certainly delicious! I’m please you also had the opportunity to utilize the gym as we recently completed a full renovation of the gym and upgrade of our cardio machines.

Thank you again for your patronage, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Hilton Pasadena!

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

First off, thank you kindly for being so nice to my toddler, who loved your front desk candy, and apologies for eating so much of it. I think its safe to say we ate our weight in candy.

Ok, on to the review. The room is standard with other Hiltons, clean, modern and comfy. I especially love the Peter Thomas Roth products. Anyone familiar with this brand know its an expensive, top of the line skin care brand. When I called the front desk to ask how to open the fridge, they let me know it was a mini bar, not a fridge, but would send a mini fridge up right away! That was a pleasant surprise.

The front desk and concierge were excellent! At one point, I lost my key but the front desk had a long line. The lady at the concierge desk got it for me quickly so I could get to my work project on time. Thank you!

Valet was fantastic, they were quick and didnt make me wait too long. As for location, I couldnt ask for more. Close by to many shops and restaurants.

Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your STELLAR review of the Hilton Pasadena and we greatly appreciate your kind comments regarding the service of our front desk, valet, and concierge! I will be sure to recognize the team members in each department mentioned and especially our concierge for assisting you with obtaining a new room key so that you could get back to your important work!
I can’t help but chuckle when I read the comments about the candy, I’m glad you were able to enjoy so much candy and rightfully so, you should enjoy as they are for our guests!

Thank you again for sharing your kind comments, I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed the Peter Thomas Roth amenities as well as the location. We certainly look forward to your return and wishing you all the best until we see you next time!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We selected the Hilton for our wedding guests for several reasons:
1. location
2. unlike other hotels, the Hilton did not require us to guarantee a certain number of rooms
3. price
4. the staff.

Tom Kubo and Krissy Wong were professional, clearly stated what the Hilton offers and were prepared to answer any and all questions as we set up the room block, arranged special rooms for some guests and reserved a shuttle to take wedding guests to the ceremony and reception.

Arriving at the hotel, everyone knew who we were and went out of their way to help us. Luis helped some guests arrange transportation from Burbank airport and even called the day before to make sure their travel plans had not changed. The front desk was efficient and delivered all the guest gift bags to the proper rooms.

The rooms were scrupulously clean and all the guests said their beds were comfortable. I would recommend getting a room on the east side of the hotel if you want a view. Oh and we never had to wait more than a couple of seconds for an elevator.

As mother of the groom, I didn't have nearly as many responsibilities of the mother of the bride, but it was a huge relief that there were not only no problems with the hotel but that they went out of their way to help us.

Thank you Hilton for helping make this last weekend perfect.

Room Tip: Get a room on the east side for a view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your AMAZING review of the Hilton Pasadena and we greatly appreciate your kind comments regarding our awesome associates from Tom, Krissy, and of course, Luis! I will be certain to give personal recognition to our outstanding team members involved in providing you a super stay!

I’m delighted and feel very privileged that you allowed us to be part of such an important day and more importantly, that we provided you with the service you expected. We’re certainly pleased to hear that your guests enjoyed their rooms and had all anticipated amenities in the room as well.

Once again, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be part of such an important event in you and your family’s life as we know you have choices in this wonderful City of Pasadena!