“Problem-solving settlement disappointing”
Review of Hilton Pasadena

Hilton Pasadena
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The Hilton Pasadena is a beautiful hotel with quiet, clean rooms. The free shuttle was much appreciated. Disappointment was that, after an a.m. flood in our bathroom, the financial discount offered was something we had to negotiate. Literally it went from $60 (on a $210 room) to $80 to $100, finally $110. Were given a new room + 2 free breakfasts. Thought we'd get a night free. Voucher was spoken of but no follow through on that.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you for sharing you experience with us and I truly appreciate your positive comments with respects to our clean rooms and beautiful hotel. I’m disappointed to read that you departed the hotel dissatisfied; our goal was to ensure you received our sincere empathy and reasonable financial recovery for this particular circumstance. Please know I will address this matter with our leadership team.
We will look forward to your return visit and exceeding your expectations.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Pasadena

Reviewed October 29, 2013

What can I say, I have stayed here before. I have the feeling there are better places to stay. Don't get me wrong, the hotel has all you need but is beginning to get a bit tired. I don't mind getting bit tired when the rate reflects that. When I attempted to make by first reservation I was told my room would be 379.00 per night for a king room. I had another reservation company make it 10 days before my trip and my rate was 179.00 - a 200.00 difference??? For a very average room? The hotel business is a very competitive thing...they are all playing hard for the same dollars. I have stayed at Best Westerns that were better appointed.

That being said the staff is excellent - helpful and friendly. The lobby very nice and well, it is within walking distance of lots to do in Pasadena - and there is a lot to do there.

Room Tip: All I can say is the back of the hotel is very ugly...huge air conditioner units and no view of anyt...
1  Thank PrincessWildhair

Thank you kindly for your time in commenting on your recent experience with us. While your unfavorable experience with the rates is understandably frustrating; I’m very pleased to hear you experienced excellent service from our staff, and found the lobby nice and clean. Regarding the noise, we recently completed a soundproofing project in September this year for all our guest rooms; however, experienced challenges with a few rooms due to certain physical aspects. We look forward to having you back at the Hilton Pasadena soon!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed 2 nights recently when visiting Caltech. Hotel was clean. Staff was very helpful. Although you can walk to most areas of Pasadena from the hotel, the free shuttle service was great as they will drop you off and pickup within 2.5 mile radius of hotel.

The food at the hotel restaurant was good enough.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

I’m very pleased to know you experienced our helpful staff, the good food in our restaurant, and the great shuttle service. On behalf of my staff, we thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and thank you for your continued patronage to the Hilton Pasadena Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

As a frequent traveler, I am loyal to only a few brands; Hilton in one of them. The cost of this hotel is ok- til they get you for $18 /parking. Makes me crazy that they charge that much, not even for valet. Everything was nice and clean, service good. No weather channel, though- something is up with DirectTV.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ann V

Thank you for your loyalty and patronage to the Hilton brand; we appreciate the points you noted about the parking charge. Please know the self parking company is not a part of the Hilton and we unfortunately have no control over their parking prices. As a HH you may receive a discounted valet parking price of $19.00 when visiting the Hilton Pasadena. My staff and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I paid $175/night. I felt this was high considering it was 2 blocks off the main drag. Parking was $18/night, $21 valet. I found out parking is $9/night directly across the street. The restaurant and bar are in the middle of the lobby. Not my idea of relaxing. The property is a bit dated, especially once you leave the lobby. Air conditioning was wall mounted, noisy, and either too cool or not cool enough. The banquet facilities were accommodating. Everyone was very willing to help, but you have to ask. I know I'm asking a lot of staff to anticipate my needs, but that's what makes some properties magical.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are looking into the challenges you pointed out in the room and service standards. Please know we are currently undergoing a few upgrades and the successful completion of soundproofing our guest rooms occurred this past September. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Pasadena soon!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Though I live in LA, I stayed here for a meeting, and it was very good. Service was excellent, rooms were nice and clean, though a slight problem with noise, I probably should have moved when I saw it was next to the ice machine. Food service was great and location great to old Pasadena.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay with us. I’m very pleased to hear you experienced excellent service, a clean room, and found the food service great. Regarding the noise, we recently soundproofed our guest rooms in September of this year and so, on your next visit with us, you should see (or hear) a remarkable difference. We look forward to having you back at the Hilton Pasadena soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Tired. The furniture in my room is very worn, although the carpet looks new. The bed is comfortable. Nothing stands out as exceptional, especially the treatment for Diamond members. I have stayed at 36 hotels in the past year, and this is the first one that provides only continental breakfast for Diamonds with a $6 upgrade charge for the full breakfast. No lounge. Most hotels go above and beyond the minimum HHonors standards. Not this hotel!

3  Thank kevinam

Thank you kindly for your comments on amenities for our HHonors Diamond members. We are currently reviewing our hotel’s Hilton Honors service and amenities, including the feasibility of having a club lounge. I’m disappointed to hear you didn’t have an exceptional experience with us. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to show you a more memorable stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Pasadena soon.