“Poor service- Bar/restaurant and shuttle service”
Review of Hilton Pasadena

Hilton Pasadena
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Your restaurant staff was very unprofessional during my stay. I walked down to the restaurant with intent to order a couple of appetizers for my family to hold us over till we arrived to the event we were attending that evening. I looked at a menu that was on one of tables then approached the bar to order my food. I told the 2 restaurant/bar staff “I would like to order some food to bring up to my room”. I had to repeat myself 3 or 4 times before they understood what I said. I then ordered the food that I had already decided on. Granted they were only a couple of appetizers; one of the staff members kept insisting that I take a look at the ENTIRE menu even though I had already reviewed the ENTIRE menu and had already made my choice. I felt like the staff member was pushing me to order more because what I was ordering wasn’t good enough. Once my food was ordered I sat at the bar waiting for about 15 minutes. During that time there was no one behind the bar otherwise I would have ordered a beer much sooner. A third staff member approached the bar eventually and I was able to order a beer. During the time I was sitting waiting for my food and drinking my beer I seen 3 staff members and 1 manager behind the bar bumping into each other and scrambling through receipts like they didn’t know what they were doing. It literally reminded me of the 3 stooges. One of the staff members swiped my debit card to charge my food then kept the card on top of their register. Another member started a separate tab for my beer. All in all my experience in the restaurant/bar area seemed extremely unprofessional and unorganized. When my family and I arrived to the Hilton I was told that a shuttle could be provided to attend the event we were going to that evening. When it came down to ordering the shuttle I was told that we needed to give them more notice but they will try to get us a shuttle. Once a shuttle was arranged it would have only fit everyone but my 6 month old daughter. Since that was the best they could have done, they suggested that I ride with my daughter in my lap. My response for that was “Absolutely not. That is not an option.” I was then informed 15 minutes before we were supposed to be at our event; that a shuttle will not be provided to us. Due these experiences, I will not be returning to that Hilton again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jacob S
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at our bar. It goes without saying, I’m very surprised to hear the apparent shortcomings of the bar staff and the shuttle service. My management staff and I review all comments in our daily meetings. Please rest assured we have addressed these challenges to ensure more focused, attentive professional service from our associates. We take pride in the quality of our service and I am quite disappointed to learn about the outcome. We hope to have the opportunity to greet you upon your return to the Hilton Pasadena in your future travels and will ensure you leave with a positive experience.

CARL SPRAYBERRY I General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,264)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 1, 2013

For the price and for what I expect from the Hilton brand, this is a very old and dated hotel. I've stayed here many times over the past 3 months but only coz I don't have another choice closer than this to my office location. The room furnishings, the bath , the AC unit the list goes on about the things I have been dis-satisfied with. There have been times when I've gotten a room with a noisy AC in it and beyond 69 degrees it starts heating up! So if I want to stay cool at 72 degrees, not possible. Sometime the shower hose fitting is dislocated from the wall. Its a very ordinary looking hotel and room for the price. I wish I had a choice, I'd have bolted. The Hampton Inn in Arcadia feels better and slightly more modern! I don't know how much I should tolerate under the name of heritage value! Needs updating super-fast.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for commenting on your recent experience with us. Indeed, we enjoy our great location, being close to the Old Town, shopping/dining, arts and culture. Our renovation projects are currently underway, as of September this year, we have successfully completed soundproofing the walls of our guest rooms. We expect to complete our improvement plans in two years time which should enhance the overall experience for all our guests. My staff and I look forward to greeting you on your future visit with us.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel is close to old town and all the downtown activities. It is an older hotel, but has been remodeled. The staff is excellent ... very helpful and informative.

If you want to go to old town they will actually drive you there, and then pick you up later if you arrange it. Great location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay with us. I’m very pleased to hear our staff was very helpful, informative, and excellent. We look forward to having you back at the Hilton Pasadena in the near future!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Come on now Hilton, for the price you charge for a room, couldn't you include Wi-Fi, a microwave and refrigerator??? I can get those at Vagabond Inn, Comfort Suites, etc....I would find a hotel further away from where I need to be to have these amenities next time. The front desk staff was friendly, quick and efficient and the location is a short walk to Colorado Blvd. The pool and jacuzzi were nice too. But come on with the fridge and microwave and internet!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you kindly for your comments on the WI-FI, microwave and fridge in the room. Please know my staff and I are currently reviewing the inclusion of these items in the guest rooms. I’m very pleased you found the pool and Jacuzzi very nice, and most importantly, your experience with our front desk staff to be friendly, quick, and efficient. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Pasadena soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I would select another Hilton property if I had a choice. The room at this Hilton smelled very bad, like it hadn't been aired our in over a month. The decor is aged. I will admit I didn't go to the hotel to report the problem. After a long day of sales meetings the last thing I wanted was to have to hassel getting another room. The hotel staff is very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

First and foremost, please accept my sincerest apologies for your experience with the smell of your hotel room. Please know that I certainly appreciate your bringing this to our attention; we are currently looking into the source of the problem and will mitigate the situation immediately. I’m very glad you found our staff to be very nice. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Pasadena in the near future.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

It's good hotel, with great management system, well trained employees, high class equipment, and good place. And the rate is fair too. My company is just located cross the street, very convenient It's good hotel, with great management system, well trained employees, high class equipment, and good place. And the rate is fair too. My company is just located cross the street, very convenient.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I would like to express my sincerest gratitude for your glowing comments about our hotel, from the management systems, to well trained employees to our high class equipment. My management staff and I feel extremely rewarded to know our employees demonstrated our service standards which enhanced your experience at the Hilton Pasadena. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

All the staff at this hotel were so respectful and helpful. I had a great night's rest and felt like they anticipated my needs, which is always nice! The valet parking was the best, after a long day of travelling, and fighting LA freeways, it was so nice to hand the keys to the attendant and walk away to my room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I’m very pleased to hear our staff was so respectful and helpful with anticipated your needs. I thank you for your compliments and I will personally recognize the staff. We appreciate your continued patronage to the Hilton Pasadena. We hope to welcome you back soon.