“Not classy hotel”

Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
New York City, New York
“Not classy hotel”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I'm not sure what Hilton category this hotel is, but it's definitely not the top one, because the building itself is pretty old and there is no executive lounge, like in many category 6 or 7 hotels. I'm a frequent traveler and stayed at many Hilton hotels, but this one is purely business-oriented, not family and kids. Maybe it was just my impression, but I still thought that it could be renovated into something fancier to attract other type of visitors. The location of the hotel is perfect though - 5 minutes walk from the main boulevard and the restaurants and shopping. I would recommend all business travelers to stay there, because it has all standards perks, like a bar and meeting rooms and breakfast area. The food at the hotel is also not the top-notch, but it's not bad and I would mostly complain about selection than anything else. Rooms are also standard, nothing special. I don't know what kind of pool or spa it has, but I think it's all inside the hotel, on one of the lower floors. I don't think I have anything else to add, except of repeating myself that it's just an standard Hilton hotel with average room prices. The service and the staff are very accommodating!!!

Room Tip: You would want to get the room on the higher floors, because it can get noisy with traffic and other...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I’m very pleased to hear that despite the physical looks of our hotel, that you found our staff and their service to be very accommodating, I take great pride in our staff and the service they provide. Our hotel’s location is steps away to Historic Old Town for shopping and dining, a major plus for us. Concerning the physical aspects of the hotel, our company has commenced the first phase of improvement and renovation planned for this year and beyond. We do appreciate that you would recommend us to all business travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
CARL SPRAYBERRY I General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Indonesian first
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Just completed 4 night stay at the Pasadena Hilton visiting family. This was our second stay at the hotel and was even better than the first!
Location is excellent with good, easy access.
Our room on the 14th floor offered a wonderful view out over downtown Pasadena to downtown LA on the south to the nearby mountains to the north. Room was well appointed and very clean. The bed was very comfortable for sleeping, even by Hilton standards.
Hotel staff was exceptionally hospitable and helpful. Over the top was Bob at the bell stand, who upon hearing my question about obtaining a lcoal newspaper, volunteered to drive me over to the local newstand. So we hopped in the hotel's serice van and made a quick trip. I would never have even condiered asking for that level of service!
We will definitely be staying here on future visits!
One tip for Hilton Honors members; use the valet parking. With the Hilton Honors discount it costs no more than the self-park option, and is way more convenient.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the 'city view" side, much quieter. King rooms include two lounge chairs...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
My staff and I appreciate your review of our hotel, the service you experienced and our location. We take pride in our service and the cleanliness of our hotel, and it’s apparent you have experienced the big positives in staying at the Hilton Pasadena. I especially want to thank you for recognizing Bob, our bellman, for taking that extra mile in helping you out. He is one of our Employees of the Month, and I will certainly share your comments with him. He will be proud to hear your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The hotel was clean and the pool area was nice. BUT the room walls where paper thin and toilet got backed up for no reason. I called maintenance and waited a very long time for them to come and fix the problem. And in the mean time had no toilet to use. You get no connection to the internet. So forget bring your laptop. Self parking isn't on the premises a little ways away to wear you are forced to park Valet when you have luggage.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room with an adjoining room door. Makes it very loud with neighbors. I could hear t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Diane W
I would like to thank you for your comments on your recent visit with us. It’s very disappointing to hear that you had to wait for a long time for our maintenance to repair the toilet. Please know we review all comments in the daily meetings I hold with my staff, this will be duly addressed. Regarding the internet access in your room, I would like to make you aware that it is complimentary to the members of the Hilton Honors program, our frequent guest program, which cost nothing to sign up and you can get access to free internet in your room instantly. We also offer complimentary internet use in our Connectivity Center in the lobby. The situation with the thin walls is a key focus in our hotel’s renovation and improvement program scheduled for this year. So far we have commenced on some parts of the plan.
We hope you give us another chance and we look forward to welcoming your on your future visit.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I loved this hotel. The front desk staff was terrific and very accomodating. The valet staff left a little to be desired...they kept bringing me the wrong car. My room was really nice and it had a small balcony with a sliding door that I felt very safe leaving open... There are a lot of great stores and restaurants in the area. You can really count on parking your car and walking Pasadena!

Room Tip: Ask for something along the back with the sliding door and balcony...very nice to enjoy the view and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LoriGray
I appreciate your taking the time to post a review of our hotel on your recent visit. I’m very delighted to know you found your room was really nice and the front desk staff terrific and accommodating; however, I’m quite disappointed with the service our valet staff provided, this will be followed up on with our valet manager. Our hotel’s location relative to the shopping and dining in our city’s historic Old Town is definitely a big plus for us. We hope to welcome you back on your future visit with us.

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

The staff was exceptional from check in to check out. The rooms are spacious and clean. Request mountain view balcony room. Balcony actually large enough for two to sit comfortably and enjoy the view. Walking distance to Colorado blvd for shopping, dining and strolling. Only minus was no fridge in room. Concierge proactive booked our reservation and put us in hotel shuttle to great tapas restaurant , raicon! Great experience, highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank docheffe
It makes me very happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us, and I thank you for recognizing the exceptional service provided by my staff from check in to check out, and equally appreciative for recognizing our concierge, I will share your comments, I know she will be very delighted. We look forward to your future visit with us, hopefully soon.

Best regards,
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I arranged a last minute room while traveling on the Hilton iPhone app, and the room price seemed very reasonable. Front desk staff were friendly and efficient during check in, and I was given a room with a great view on the ninth floor. My room was clean and in overall great condition. The bathroom was on the small side, but appeared updated. The location is excellent, with easy access to various freeways and walking distance to downtown Pasadena sights. Parking is $18 a day for self-park. Is gladly rerun here again when in the area.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank mk72759
I would like to thank you for the wonderful comments on your recent stay. I’m happy to hear your last minute plan to stay with us was enjoyable and that you found our front desk staff to be very friendly and efficient and your room was clean and in great condition.
We truly appreciate your patronage, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Florida, Uruguay
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I love this hotel! The location is great! It is within walking distance to great shops, restaurants, and it is very safe. There is some minor construction in the lobby but it is minimal. As a Diamond member, the continental breakfast is awesome: fresh fruit, smoked salmon,...perfect! The room was spacious and clean, and there is a Starbucks near the lobby. It is also in a very convenient location. I will continue to stay here during my trips to Pasadena!

Room Tip: For the time being, try to get a room that is not close to the minor construction in the lobby area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ckckckckckck
I would like to thank you for the wonderful comments on your recent stay. As a Diamond HHonors member, your positive experience despite the minor renovation in the lobby is indeed music to my ear. I’m happy you found all the aspects of the hotel were to your satisfaction.
We truly appreciate your patronage, and we look forward to welcoming you back.