“Very nice Hilton...close to killer shopping!”
Review of Hilton Pasadena

Hilton Pasadena
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
“Very nice Hilton...close to killer shopping!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I loved this hotel. The front desk staff was terrific and very accomodating. The valet staff left a little to be desired...they kept bringing me the wrong car. My room was really nice and it had a small balcony with a sliding door that I felt very safe leaving open... There are a lot of great stores and restaurants in the area. You can really count on parking your car and walking Pasadena!

Room Tip: Ask for something along the back with the sliding door and balcony...very nice to enjoy the view and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LoriGray
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I appreciate your taking the time to post a review of our hotel on your recent visit. I’m very delighted to know you found your room was really nice and the front desk staff terrific and accommodating; however, I’m quite disappointed with the service our valet staff provided, this will be followed up on with our valet manager. Our hotel’s location relative to the shopping and dining in our city’s historic Old Town is definitely a big plus for us. We hope to welcome you back on your future visit with us.

CARL SPRAYBERRY I General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

The staff was exceptional from check in to check out. The rooms are spacious and clean. Request mountain view balcony room. Balcony actually large enough for two to sit comfortably and enjoy the view. Walking distance to Colorado blvd for shopping, dining and strolling. Only minus was no fridge in room. Concierge proactive booked our reservation and put us in hotel shuttle to great tapas restaurant , raicon! Great experience, highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank docheffe
It makes me very happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us, and I thank you for recognizing the exceptional service provided by my staff from check in to check out, and equally appreciative for recognizing our concierge, I will share your comments, I know she will be very delighted. We look forward to your future visit with us, hopefully soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I arranged a last minute room while traveling on the Hilton iPhone app, and the room price seemed very reasonable. Front desk staff were friendly and efficient during check in, and I was given a room with a great view on the ninth floor. My room was clean and in overall great condition. The bathroom was on the small side, but appeared updated. The location is excellent, with easy access to various freeways and walking distance to downtown Pasadena sights. Parking is $18 a day for self-park. Is gladly rerun here again when in the area.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank mk72759
I would like to thank you for the wonderful comments on your recent stay. I’m happy to hear your last minute plan to stay with us was enjoyable and that you found our front desk staff to be very friendly and efficient and your room was clean and in great condition.
We truly appreciate your patronage, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Florida, Uruguay
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I love this hotel! The location is great! It is within walking distance to great shops, restaurants, and it is very safe. There is some minor construction in the lobby but it is minimal. As a Diamond member, the continental breakfast is awesome: fresh fruit, smoked salmon,...perfect! The room was spacious and clean, and there is a Starbucks near the lobby. It is also in a very convenient location. I will continue to stay here during my trips to Pasadena!

Room Tip: For the time being, try to get a room that is not close to the minor construction in the lobby area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ckckckckckck
I would like to thank you for the wonderful comments on your recent stay. As a Diamond HHonors member, your positive experience despite the minor renovation in the lobby is indeed music to my ear. I’m happy you found all the aspects of the hotel were to your satisfaction.
We truly appreciate your patronage, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were visiting So Cal to see family, and as my mother in law now lives in Pasadena, we decided to stay locally. We initially had a reservation at an Embassy Suites in Arcadia, but when we got there it was farther away than we thought, and we were not happy with the room. We contacted the Hilton in Pasadena and they were able to accomodate us last minute at a pretty good rate. I have diamond status and they were able to find us a nice corner room, which are a bit larger and quiter than their standard rooms. The hotel is centrally located, a few blocks south of Colorado Blvd and walking distance to their mall (which is a pretty disappointing mall, but we weren't there to visit the mall). Parking is a bit expensive, but otherwise we were happy with our stay. The room had been refreshed, the hotel was clean, service was very good and it was a good location for visiting family. We will probably stay here again the next time we visit.
PS - as a diamond member we got continental breakfast, or we could upgrade to the hot breakfast for another $10. The restaurant service was also quite good and the selections for the continental, including smoked salmon and great croissants, was better than average.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for the wonderful comments on your recent stay. I’m happy to hear we were able to accommodate you on a last minute and that you liked your room, the breakfast food to be better than average and that overall, you were happy with your stay. As I do in my daily meetings, I will share your comments to my staff. We truly appreciate your patronage and look forward to your future visit.

la puente, ca
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel may have been remodeled but what it makes up for in appearance it LACKS in competence. I stayed here 2/22/13-2/24/13 and WILL NEVER STAY AGAIN. From the moment of arrival to departure, nothing but incompetence. I asked for a romance package which included wine/strawberries and two vouchers for in room breakfast for our stay. When we arrived, they did not have anymore wine and were told that this would arrive to the room the next night. We had to call the next night to ask for the wine, what we got was champagne (what is advertised is wine). The second day, when the breakfasts arrived we were told that the vouchers were not good but they were taken anyway. I did not get a copy of my hotel receipt indicating I was a guest so that I would only get charged for the self parking twice vs. each time I came and went. This resulted in having to wait at the parking garage while the attendant called the front desk and making me late to a seminar at Huntington Hospital. On the departure day, we asked for a late check out and were given a copy of the expense report for our stay which had the correct total amount charged. The next day, I check my credit card and found out that what we were billed and what was charged to the credit card was wrong. I called the accounting dept and was told that I had been charged $2 for something what that was was unknown to them and for breakfast on the second day (after we had given the room attendant the food voucher). They made several phone calls to me before finally settling the matter at least on the hotel's side. When I asked for a copy of the difference so that I can have this for the credit card company, I was told they could fax something but not email. I had to speak with a front desk manager only to be told the same thing until finally they agreed to mail a copy. As I said before, don't stay here, unless you want to receive bad service, get charged for things you didn't request, and not receive even an apology. Worst experience ever!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank brenn619
Firstly, I would like to offer my sincere apologies for what seemed to be such an unpleasant hotel experience in my hotel. Secondly, I thank you for your review and comments. I take great pride in the level of service my staff usually provides, so I can’t even imagine how things went terribly wrong. Needless to say, I’m very disappointed to hear the shortcomings of my staff. I value your comments as I do with all comments we receive from our guests; rest assured, this will be discussed in my daily meetings with the staff and implement further coaching to correct and address these challenges with the specific staff involved. Lastly, but not the least, I hope you give us another chance to stay at the Hilton Pasadena. Please contact me personally so I can assist in making your future reservations.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My family stayed here on a recent trip to LA. We had 7 adults; my grandparents (in their 80's), my parents (in their 50's), my husband and I (in our 20's) and my sister. It's hard to find a hotel that will please the group. We booked the hotel last minute due to the location, close to the highways and very close to a ton of restaurants in Pasadena. We walked to most of them. As a HH member its only $1 more to park valet so that is convenient. The rooms were what you would expect at maybe a Hampton that's been remodeled, I have seen nicer Hiltons. We loved the Starbucks in the lobby!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for your comments on your recent trip to Los Angeles, and as a member of Hilton Honors program for choosing the Hilton Pasadena last minute. Our hotel’s location which is walking distance to the famous Old Town for shopping, dining and entertainment is indeed an asset for family trips such as yours. I’m happy your choice of hotel pleased your entire family. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.