“Great Location In Pasadena”
Review of Hilton Pasadena

Hilton Pasadena
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Palm Springs, California
“Great Location In Pasadena”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel in a great location. The room had a balcony and was very comfortable. The in room coffee was Lavaza, my favorite. The room service was also good. I did call the front desk to swap out my iron for one with a burst of steam but they don't have those in the hotel. The breakfast was delicious, I would recommend the buffet. My co-worker and I ordered off the menu, a cheese omelette and pancakes, which came to nearly $40.00. a little expensive but the food was awesome. You will really like this hotel and I look forward to returning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
What wonderful comments on your experience, thank you! It makes me very proud of our culinary staff knowing you had an awesome dining experience in room service and breakfast. They will certainly receive kudos from me. So happy to hear you really like our hotel and staff, we look forward to your return.

Happy Holidays,

HILTON PASADENA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Indonesian first
Irvine, CA
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here in Nov 2012 while visiting USC. The hotel is located in a relatively quite area close to the downtown. It is an older property that has either been well maintained or renovated fairly recently. The room was quiet and comfortable and room service was fast and the food freshly prepared. I had a burger for dinner that was juicy and clearly hand formed from fresh ground meat, rather than a premade patty. Breakfast was similarly good. There are no strong negatives other than the cost of parking and the lack of free internet (unless you are an Hhonors member which I am). These days, I feel strongly that all properties should offer free interet since many of the midrange hotels do (including Hilton Garden Inns, for example). I didn't appreciate paying $18 to park either but this is not a Hilton-specific problem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We very much appreciate your taking the time to write a wonderful review of your recent experience at the Hilton Pasadena Hotel. Our Executive Chef, his Culinary Team, and I feel very proud to hear about your positive dining experience.
Our hotel is continually going through some refinements and renovation, and I’m pleased to know you noticed. One of the refinements we are addressing is the internet service, which we hope will happen soon. As far as the parking, our rates are comparable to other hotels.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Other reviews had me worried, but the room was clean and very nice. Parking fees are excessive, but safe and free on street parking is available one block southeast of the hotel.

Only issue was that room 301 was adjacent to the elevator shaft so noisy. Since it was only a one night stay, didn't request room change.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank ND79
We appreciate your taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I’m happy to know that you took the chance to stay with us despite the reviews, and that you found our hotel clean and very nice, and the parking, safe. We value your comments and appreciate your feedback about the noise from the elevator. We are testing a room insulation product to correct this issue.
We know you have choices when choosing a hotel, we appreciate your business and my staff and I look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit.

Den Bosch, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have stayed here a number of times already and it's a good hotel. The staff is good and friendly. The location is perfect, close to "downtown" Pasadena. The rooms are good, the airco can be a bit loud but with earplugs that's fine. Breakfast is typical, but good, a tad expensive if you are not HH. The pool is not super but good enough for a refreshing dive after a day at work. The gym is good, new equipment and good other facilities. All in all this is a fine hotel for the business travel. It offers everything you need at a decent price, parking is a bit expensive at 18 USD. The bar has a basic and adequate menu if you are not in the mood to go in to town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
First and foremost, I would like to thank you for choosing the Hilton Pasadena a number of times for your business accommodations; we know you have choices out there. Secondly, it’s great to hear our staff is good and friendly; we do take great pride in our service. I am certain my staff will be happy to know your comments. We are also very appreciative of your feedback that our facilities meet your satisfaction. Our location in proximity to downtown is one that our guests really like.
My staff and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Pasadena.

Arizona
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice hotel and recently renovated. The rooms are adequate and everything works properly. I didn't use the cafe but there's coffee in the room. My only complaint is the same for all large hotels in big cities. I hate paying 18.00 to park!

• Stayed October 2012
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for commenting about your recent experience at the Hilton Pasadena Hotel. My staff and I appreciate your comments as constructive feedback and will as a team collectively review.
Please know the City of Pasadena has no overnight parking, our parking rates are comparable to the other hotels nearby.
My staff and I look forward to welcoming you on your return visit to the Hilton Pasadena.

Reston, Virginia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The entire hotel was very clean and nicely decorated. The bathroom was pleasantly clean. The bed lined and towels are fresh and white. The pillows were very comfortable. I recommend this hotel.

Negatives: $18 per night parking fee and $15 per night fee for WiFi in the room. WiFi is free in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Farhad A
I’m happy to know the cleanliness of the bathroom and the fresh linen gave you a positive impression on the overall cleanliness of our hotel. We take great pride in the hotel’s cleanliness and service and indeed it makes me feel very proud that our guests, like you, noticed it.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Pasadena Hotel.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed in Pasadena for an evening and although I liked the area, I was not wowed by the hotel. The hotel was rather average. The people were friendly enough and the rooms were OK, but there was nothing that stood out about this hotel for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit at the Hilton Pasadena Hotel. We value every comment from our guests. While the hotel did not wow you, I feel very proud that you experienced my staff to be very friendly; I will ensure the staff is aware of your kind feedback.
We hope you give us another opportunity to experience our hotel and the amenities we offer and look forward to welcoming you back soon.