“Clean room and comfortable.”
Review of Hilton Pasadena

Hilton Pasadena
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The entire hotel was very clean and nicely decorated. The bathroom was pleasantly clean. The bed lined and towels are fresh and white. The pillows were very comfortable. I recommend this hotel.

Negatives: $18 per night parking fee and $15 per night fee for WiFi in the room. WiFi is free in the lobby.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Farhad A
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

I’m happy to know the cleanliness of the bathroom and the fresh linen gave you a positive impression on the overall cleanliness of our hotel. We take great pride in the hotel’s cleanliness and service and indeed it makes me feel very proud that our guests, like you, noticed it.
Please know the City of Pasadena has no overnight parking, our parking rates are comparable to the other hotels nearby.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Pasadena Hotel.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed in Pasadena for an evening and although I liked the area, I was not wowed by the hotel. The hotel was rather average. The people were friendly enough and the rooms were OK, but there was nothing that stood out about this hotel for me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit at the Hilton Pasadena Hotel. We value every comment from our guests. While the hotel did not wow you, I feel very proud that you experienced my staff to be very friendly; I will ensure the staff is aware of your kind feedback.
We hope you give us another opportunity to experience our hotel and the amenities we offer and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We enjoyed a wonderful 4 night stay at the Hilton Pasadena in January. From check-in to check-out, we were made to feel at home. All of the staff were courteous and helpful throughout our stay. We loved the location - within walking distance to just about everything we wanted to see/do. I cannot wait to return!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Very pleased to read about your great experience while visiting our hotel. I will certainly share your wonderful comments with our staff. We too cannot wait to welcome you back soon. Thank you!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel was clean and neat. Unfortunately, it was less than friendly. The check in process was very smooth. I was given a nice (small) room with a balcony. It was clean and nicely kept up. However, when we pulled up front in an expensive and new SUV and indicated to the valet that we would carry our own bags (there was one bag per person), they treated us like dirt. They were rude and made it very clear that they felt that we were some how cheating them out of a tip.
That night, the fire alarm sounded just after I had fallen asleep. It was very loud and I packed up my service animal and rang downstairs to see if it was real. Guest Services answered and said that they weren't sure and put me on hold. After 4 more minutes on hold, I put the phone down (I didn't hang up), and I walked down nine flights of stairs, rather than chance burning up in a hotel fire. The alarm continued to sound until about the time I hit the first floor, service animal in a carrier on one shoulder and computer bag on the other. For an older person with bad knees, that wasn't so fun. I got to the lobby and was greeted by a heap of confusion...especially from the front desk crew. I returned to my room, and found that I was still on hold on the phone. 5 minutes later, the same young woman returned to the line and told me that it was "all clear". Really? 20 minutes later? I would be dead.
The next morning, I asked to speak with the manager, and related my story. The front desk tried to run interference and explained how they could handle my problem, as the manager was quite busy. I persisted. Mr. Thomas Cook, the manager, was extremely abrupt and kept stating that a child had pulled the alarm. I tried to explain that my complaint was in the way it was handled, not the alarm being pulled itself. He was quite short with me and kept reiterating how a child was responsible, refusing to address the hotel problem. He also would not look at me, but over my head. I finally gave up.
Additionally, to my chagrin, I found that another diamond Hilton Honours guest (same level as me) (male) had been given two full breakfast coupons per each of his room. I had been given a single continental breakfast (upgradeable to full for an additional $6) coupon. Talk about treating us differently. Perhaps it was because I had my small rolling suitcase with me when I checked in and declined bellman assistance? The front desk attitude certainly changed then.
I went down to the restaurant to use my coupon, but couldn't get seated, and gave up and visited a coffee shop instead.
Oh, one last thing...the bar is expensive and they pour slightly less than one full jigger. The wine is also a very small pour. Only the soda was a decent deal.
I found the attitude of the manager and many of the staff were extremely snobby. I don't know what makes them so good, but next time I'll stay at the Glendale Hilton and drive. All of the staff are nice and friendly there. And you get a full breakfast, not ignored.

Room Tip: Not sure. The even number rooms on one side of the building have patios, which would be pleasant if...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank arts123
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

First and foremost, I truly appreciate your time in commenting about your recent stay with us. Secondly, please know that I meet with my management staff daily and discuss all comments posted by our guests. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience due to the false fire alarm. We review the details that provide opportunities for us to mitigate any situations similar to what you experienced; these are invaluable tools for us.
Lastly, our mission is delivering hospitality, creating value ….every customer, every time. I feel very disappointed that certain associates of my team did not meet that mission. The attitude demonstrated by the staff is certainly unacceptable and have been addressed. I’m glad to hear that at least your check in was smooth and the room was clean and neat.
My staff and I value your comments and we hope you give us another chance to show you our hospitality. Please feel free to personally contact me on your future plans to visit Pasadena. We look forward to welcoming you back.

csprayberry@hiltonpasadena.com

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Pasadena for four nights from the 26th of September and it was a very lovely experience.

The hotel was quite small compared to other Hilton hotels I know but the atmosphere was great, the location was excellent and most of all the breakfast buffet was the best.

The gym area area and swimming pool was small but very Cosy and nice.

The customer service ratings was not too great but it was ok

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments. It is always great to hear that you had a very lovely experience, and enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the cozy but great atmosphere.
I ‘m very interested in hearing more about the customer service ratings you mentioned; it would be an opportunity for improvement on our part. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit .

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I checked in on Sunday the 26 August. It is a nice clean and well run Hotel. It is quite smaller than the average Hilton. The rooms are tastefully furnished and mine was on the 14th floor with wonderful views. The staff were courteous and helpful. The food was delicious and well prepared. It is a spacious and airy Hotel and has a great location. There is a complimentary shuttle Bus to Old Town Pasadena and to the local Walgreens if you need it. The hotel is a few blocks from the Metro. I make special mention of Nicolas without the "H"lol. The sweet Ethiopian lady in the breakfast room. I had a wonderful well catered for stay and will be back. I recommend this Hotel very highly. Thank you so much for your kindness and cleanliness. I checked out on the 30th.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Sindy10stone
HiltonPasadena, Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. I’m very glad to hear our staff was friendly, and that you were pleased with your stay overall.

Your comments are truly appreciated and reviewed during our daily operations meeting. My staff and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Pasadena Hotel.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have stayed at this property many times over the past four years on business and until a recent trip was satisfied. In late July I stayed for two nights and on the plane ride home my legs began to itch. When I got home, I found that I had a few hundred bites concentrated primarily on my legs, but also on my arms, chest and a few on my neck and face. A trip to the Doctor the next day confirmed I had bed bug bites.

I called the hotel to inform them that I was staying in room 603, had bed bug bites and the lady on the phone informed me that they had recent bed bug problems and the General Manager would call me. He did, a few days later, and informed me that they had checked the room and there were no bed bugs and I must have gotten them elsewhere.

Although I travel often, I had not been anywhere in the previous 10 days and the only place possible I could have gotten them was the Pasadena Hilton. I arrived at the hotel with no bites and left with hundreds and upon returning home they healed and I was better in a week or so. When I informed the General Manager of this, he dismissed it and told me I was wrong.

I believe the measure of any service organization is how they respond when something goes wrong. In this case the Hilton Pasadena failed miserably!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Daniel D
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

The prevalence of bed bugs in hotels has unfortunately become exponentially common within the U.S. which may have been caused by the increase in travel; experts say the bed bugs can travel in luggage and enter homes and hotels. At the Hilton Pasadena Hotel, we have an aggressive program to attack any signs of the insect that may have been left by guests. In the case of the recent comment, please know we immediately deployed a professional pest control company to inspect the room, fortunately the company found no sign of bed bugs. Thank you for your patronage to Hilton Hotels where we respect and urgently respond to our guests comments.