“An incredibly beautiful experience”
Review of Hilton Pasadena

Hilton Pasadena
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Harpenden, England, United Kingdom
“An incredibly beautiful experience”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I checked in on Sunday the 26 August. It is a nice clean and well run Hotel. It is quite smaller than the average Hilton. The rooms are tastefully furnished and mine was on the 14th floor with wonderful views. The staff were courteous and helpful. The food was delicious and well prepared. It is a spacious and airy Hotel and has a great location. There is a complimentary shuttle Bus to Old Town Pasadena and to the local Walgreens if you need it. The hotel is a few blocks from the Metro. I make special mention of Nicolas without the "H"lol. The sweet Ethiopian lady in the breakfast room. I had a wonderful well catered for stay and will be back. I recommend this Hotel very highly. Thank you so much for your kindness and cleanliness. I checked out on the 30th.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Sindy10stone
HiltonPasadena, Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. I’m very glad to hear our staff was friendly, and that you were pleased with your stay overall.

Your comments are truly appreciated and reviewed during our daily operations meeting. My staff and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Pasadena Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Indonesian first
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have stayed at this property many times over the past four years on business and until a recent trip was satisfied. In late July I stayed for two nights and on the plane ride home my legs began to itch. When I got home, I found that I had a few hundred bites concentrated primarily on my legs, but also on my arms, chest and a few on my neck and face. A trip to the Doctor the next day confirmed I had bed bug bites.

I called the hotel to inform them that I was staying in room 603, had bed bug bites and the lady on the phone informed me that they had recent bed bug problems and the General Manager would call me. He did, a few days later, and informed me that they had checked the room and there were no bed bugs and I must have gotten them elsewhere.

Although I travel often, I had not been anywhere in the previous 10 days and the only place possible I could have gotten them was the Pasadena Hilton. I arrived at the hotel with no bites and left with hundreds and upon returning home they healed and I was better in a week or so. When I informed the General Manager of this, he dismissed it and told me I was wrong.

I believe the measure of any service organization is how they respond when something goes wrong. In this case the Hilton Pasadena failed miserably!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Dan D
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
The prevalence of bed bugs in hotels has unfortunately become exponentially common within the U.S. which may have been caused by the increase in travel; experts say the bed bugs can travel in luggage and enter homes and hotels. At the Hilton Pasadena Hotel, we have an aggressive program to attack any signs of the insect that may have been left by guests. In the case of the recent comment, please know we immediately deployed a professional pest control company to inspect the room, fortunately the company found no sign of bed bugs. Thank you for your patronage to Hilton Hotels where we respect and urgently respond to our guests comments.

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Sometimes the rooms and amenities make your stay delightful. In this hotel the amenities may be lacking but the attention to every detail by the staff make up for it. Luis will drive you anywhere in the area you wish to go and the concierge will make sure you have directions to anyplace in the L.A. area. I thought I would get tired of the food since my stay was 6 weeks but the restaurant was great. I ate in my room quite a bit and room service was quick and efficient. I particularly enjoyed the cheeseburgers with homemade crispy chips (reason for a strict diet now that I am home.) You can walk to the Paseo Colorado Mall where you have Macy's and great shops as well as one of the best theaters I've been to in years. My room was always spotless thanks to the amazing housekeeping staff. My room had a balcony allowing fresh air at my whim. The pool was small and quite a few children but it was fine. I was not there to swim. Howie, the Food and Beverage Manager, selected some great wines to go with my meals and he too was attentive to every detail. I would not hesitate to stay here again. The only reason I don't give it five stars is because they didn't have a SPA and that to me is the reason any hotel should get a 5 star rating.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a bad room in the hotel. Only heard noise once when there were a bunch of young k...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
HiltonPasadena, General Manager at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for such wonderful comments about your experience in our hotel, from the great food, the quick and efficient room service, spotless room, the bell staff and concierge assistance, and other amenities you enjoyed during your recent stay.
My staff will definitely get recognition for the level of service you experienced during your stay.
Again, thank you.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit to the Hilton Pasadena.

Carmel, California, United States
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stay in this hotel a lot and I have to say the Pasadena Hilton has the best staff of any Hotel I have ever stayed in. I like this Hilton because it is in a great location close to a shopping center and great restaurants. Recently, when I checked out I left a very expensive item in the hotel room and didn't discover my mistake until I got home several hundred miles away. I called the hotel and they did the search, found the item, called me and promptly mailed it to me. This was a huge issue that they helped me with but there are many other small things they have done for me that made my stay there very pleasant. BTW--their restaurant is great too and they even serve Starbucks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I thank you for the great review of our hotel. It makes me feel very proud of my staff and the level of service they provided during your recent stay. My staff will really appreciate knowing about your experience during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Athens, Ohio
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel staff was consistently polite (the most consistency I have in a hotel). The rooms were clean, nicely appointed, large TV, nice pool. The room was quite (a big plus). Bar food was good (did not go to the restaurant.) Staff very helpful in assisting me to highlights in town. They have free van to transport and pick up to within a mile of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments. There is a lot to be said about consistency in a hotel particularly a good one, as you experienced in our hotel by a consistently polite staff. Please know that I’ll certainly give them recognition. I will also be sure to share with the Executive Chef how you liked the bar food. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Pacific Grove, California
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Fantastic deal off the internet allowed me to stay at this hotel for a week while visiting family & friends around the neighborhood. The location was superb only a block away from Old Town Pasadena & the Los Robles Plaza which has an abundance of choices for dining, shopping & movies at the Arclight Theaters. As a Hilton Honors member, you get an upgrade to a higher level room plus free internet and discount on the valet parking. Signing up is free so I highly recommend it! The valet parking was a bit on the expensive side, but there's plenty of street parking if you don't mind feeding the meters or if wait until after 6 pm. Having Starbucks downstairs was also another convenience to buy ready-made food instead of paying for the breakfast buffet which is $18 per person. There's also a deli and a full bar in the lobby as well. Their internet was slow and I had problems printing, but the front desk receptionist was very helpful and managed to find a way around the problem. The premises also includes a gym & an outdoor heated pool. Overall, I would highly recommend the Pasadena Hilton for travelers who visits the area as the price was very reasonable and the service was more than satisfactory.

Room Tip: Join Hilton Honors for free to get savings & upgrades, plus earn points!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
It is great to hear that you, your family and friends were able to experience the wonderful amenities we offer in the hotel, including the 168 Grille and Bar in the lobby, heated pool, Starbucks, and the hotel’s walking proximity to the historic Old Town. Most importantly, I’m very pleased that you would highly recommend the Pasadena Hilton to other travelers.
My staff and I look forward to welcoming you on your return visit to the Hilton Pasadena.

Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel charges $15/$18 for self/valet parking per night. Overnight street parking in Pasadena requires a permit. Permit is $3 a night. You can get a permit online or from one of the 5 kiosks in the city. See http://www.ci.pasadena.ca.us/Transportation/Temporary_Overnight_Parking_Exemptions/.

Overall, our stay was pleasant. There was some noise from the street and the air conditioning and shower are old, but these are minor inconveniences.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your comments and for taking the time to write them. I’m very glad to know your stay was pleasant. I definitely appreciate the information you found on the city parking permits, and something we can pass on to our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit to the Hilton Pasadena Hotel.