“Friendly, helpful Check-in plus Great location in Pasadena” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hilton Pasadena
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Paso Robles, California
“Friendly, helpful Check-in plus Great location in Pasadena”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

The Hilton had a very nice check-in area and a nice extended lobby/bar/gathering area. The check-in process went very efficiently. My room was very nice (2 beds), and the internet worked to perfection and quite fast. The surprise was the very large flat screen TV with nearly every channel in HD - absolutely stunning. I was fortunate to have a nice view towards the mountains. Room was quite clean, and quiet, and the A/C worked like a charm.

Only issues were that self-parking was a long ways away and was $15. Also, the bathroom was a little tight squeeze. Hotel location was close walking to Starbucks at Colorado and Los Robles, to Old Town, and a very pleasant walking neighborhood south of the hotel.

I would recommend this hotel for the location, even if a little bit overpriced IMHO.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Indonesian first
Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

Spouse and I stayed here 5 nights. We needed a place within walking distance of shopping and relative's home. Staff was very courteous, helpful and friendly. Cons: parking is $15/day; Internet service is $10/day; small bathroom: no refrigerator.

• Stayed June 2011
      Location
      Rooms
portland, ore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here for a college graduation nearby. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Our room was smallish, but we got a special graduation rate, so it was inexpensive.
We were able to walk everywhere in this central location. Staff were friendly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank leoraPortland_Ore
NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Hotel is basic and rooms are very avarage. Breakfast was a nice change for the good both quality and service!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
Berkeley, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

We're relatively frugal travelers who like a good value. We got a room off of priceline, and had a bid around $68 + tax. For this price, it was a good deal--the hotel is a large suburban Hilton, conveniently located to Pasadena's downtown shopping district with many shops and restaurants. The room was clean and looked like it had been recently renovated. The bathroom was on the smaller side but perfectly adequate. Parking is $15 in the parking structure, but street parking is also available if you are willing to walk (cross the main street--the street parking right behind the parking structure is ticketed from 2-6 am).

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank traveller94709
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

We stayed here with our 3 kids for the second time this summer. The rooms are very clean and nicely decorated. The staff is very helpful and if you join the Hilton Honors program you get free Wi-fi and a discounted rate on the valet. Our favorite thing about this restaurant is the breakfast buffet. It is a full buffet with an omelet guy to make you your eggs any way you like them! And, kids under 5 eat free there!

If you are planning on staying there with 3 kids I would recommend upgrading to the slightly larger room they have available for a nominal fee...less cramped.

We use this hotel because it's in the middle of everything, our family is spread out from La Crescenta to San Marino so it's a great location for us.

Word of warning though, both of my daughters' hair turned green from the pool. Make sure you wet your hair and put a little conditioner in it before swimming if you have blonde hair! (But, that happens to us a lot in public S. Californian pools).

Room Tip: If more than 2 people opt for the larger room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

We had BED BUGS in our room! My girlfriend, parents, grandparents, sister and her fiance stayed at this hotel the night of May 19th 2011. My mom made our reservations as we were all going to my sister's graduation from Medical School the next morning. To start, my mom had made reservations for 2 rooms, each with king beds, for her and my dad and me and my girlfriend, and they only had one room with a king bed. The other room had two double beds. My girlfriend and I took the room with the two double beds (room 513). It was 9:38 when we checked in and my girlfriend and I were exhausted. We hadn't eaten yet so we ordered room service (the food was mediocre), and went to bed each in our own bed as a double was too small for both of us. We had to get up early in the morning to go to my sisters graduation, so we got ready and left. We got a late checkout so we could come back to our room and get our bags before leaving. When we got back to our hotel I noticed some blood on my girlfriends bed. I didn't see any cuts on her and I pulled back the sheets and saw 4 reddish bugs. I looked at them and knew they were bed bugs. The blood must have come from her rolling over one at night and smushing one. I started looking around the room and noticed some behind her bed and mine and killed them. Needless to say we were both freaked out. I called the guest services and told them what I had found and they sent someone up. He confirmed that they were bed bugs and called the front office manger Markus [---]. He came to our room and said we needed to speak with him and get a report filed since this would now be an insurance matter. We gave him our information and the story I basically just described, and he said after the "experts" come in to analyze the matter we will be contacted. After all of this we requested that our room be refuned as it was $175 A NIGHT, but he said he could not do that. He gave us the general manager's name, Mark [---], who never contacted us to at least appologize for the experience which I consider bad business especially since we still had to pay for the night. I really hope neither of us brought any of these bugs home with us, or our troubles with this experience are just beginning. MY ADVICE TO EVERYONE IS TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL. THERE ARE OTHER CHOICES IN THE AREA.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
18 Thank ckerr520
HiltonPasadena, Owner at Hilton Pasadena, responded to this review, May 30, 2011
Dear Trip Advisor,

As you may be aware through news and other media resources Bed Bug incidents are nation wide on the rise and not only in the hospitality industry but also private residences. And even though there are many theories about how a bed bug manifestation occurs and how to prevent it, it seems common that the manifestation is imported by outside sources that may not be aware of the “unwanted travel partner” inside the luggage or other items. So far we were not impacted by this “unfortunate challenge” at our hotel. And once we learned of the situation we had instantly sealed off the room and had it treated by a specialist, who also inspected other rooms as a precaution and we were excited to learn that this was an isolated occurrence. We certainly do not favor that the reviewer had this experience and were doing everything possible within our area of opportunity at the time to assist the party, which unfortunately was limited to taking the report and exchanging information, as the party was also under some time restrains. As part of the ongoing claim we are not able to make any detailed statements towards the final closure of this situation. The names mentioned were provided as points of contact, should the regarding party not hear from the insurance company in a timely manner or have any further questions or concerns regarding the claim and it was not indicated that we would contact the guest directly as it would be an infraction with the insurance investigation and regulations. Please be assured that we are doing everything within our power to ensure to prevent any occurrences in the future by preventive inspections by a specialist and other pro active measurements and procedures.

Management