“Not all Sheratons are equal”
Review of Sheraton Pasadena

Sheraton Pasadena
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Melbourne, Australia
“Not all Sheratons are equal”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Other Sheratons we have stayed at around the world have been 4.5 or 5 stars. Have never heard of a 3 star Sheraton, but after having stayed at the hotel, we know why. The room we had was huge, which was fantastic. However, it had an adjoining room (which was locked) but let a lot of noise through from the other room. Not ideal when you are trying to sleep. The whole hotel was a bit tired and the service ranged from average to good, depending on who was serving. Good value for the price paid though, just nothing fancy.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tara P
Experience l, Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Tara P,

Your comments are valuable to us. We're glad you stayed with us and hope to see you soon.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I got stuck in gridlock in LA and decided to skip the traffic and get a hotel; Sheraton Pasadena was the nearest that I could get with SPG points. As Sheratons go this hotel, as other reviewers have noted, is one of the older ones... seems unrenovated since the 80s and doesn't have a big, airy lobby like most newer hotels. However, the service was cheerful and competent to make up for it. The room was small but comfortable with very comfortable bed. I liked the Cheers-ish 80s decor of the bar-- so old it's almost new.

My only issue with this hotel (besides the fact that the price seemed a bit high for how old the hotel is) is that they tacked on an $18 parking charge on my bill without telling me that they charged for parking. Had I known that I would have gone to another hotel since that pushes the price point of the hotel far above what it's worth. I told the desk I wasn't happy with the charge and they took it off. All in all, if the price is okay this isn't a bad place to sleep for the night, but don't expect anything fancy.

Oh one other general point about Sheraton concierge lounges: why do they make you pay for wine in USA Sheraton lounges? In Europe the drinks are free.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Veronica S
Dear Veronica S,

Thanks for your comments, we hope to see you soon.

Maitland, Australia
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

First ever trip overseas and I'm very glad I picked this place. The staff are extremely friendly, happy to help, the shuttle was very handy and if needed we had a town car which we used to get to the Citadel Outlets. Very close to shopping and a lot of different style restaurants. A big mention goes to Henry B who was our shuttle driver most of the time and he was awesome. Always friendly and helpful. Thanks for a great holiday Henry

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Nikki W
Experience l, Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Nikki W,

Thanks for your feedback. Henry was really excited to extend excellent service. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We came over for a mini honey moon just expecting to hang out but it turned into an amazing experience. The staff here is awesome and took special care of us. Reggie W was awesome and took great care of us. He suggested a great concert! Thanks! Robert, Jill and Moses also did spectacular jobs making us feel welcomed throughout our stay. Overall nice, clean, friendly and a great location.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Rahwa G
Dear Rahwa G,

Our staff is excited that we exceeded your expectations.

Irvine, California
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We checked in on Sunday and you can see that they were very busy with airlines and people for the big concert in town plus a wedding. I was preparing myself for a long wait however the line moved very quickly and the front desk agent was very pleasant and got us checked in no time at all. We decided to have a drink in the bar after checking in and the bartender was very cordial and when he noticed I was looking across the bar at the TV as opposed to the one next to me he asked me if I would like him to change the channel on the one next to me which was great! We caught the hotel shuttle to old town on Monday and the driver was very nice made small talk and gave us a great recommendation for lunch (if you’re looking for a good burger place try Slater’s 50/50) and left us a card to call when we wanted to be picked up. Check out was just as easy and the bill was error free!

All in all a great stay and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank victorsB7939SW
Dear victor s,

Thanks for staying with us. Our staff enjoyed your comments regarding the Sheraton Pasadena. We hope to see you soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Lukewarm is the only way to describe it. Not the water, but the whole experience.
The food for breakfast was, well average, the service, average, the room even though I am SPG GOLD average. I expected more, not only for the price I paid but because of the reputation of the hotel. Rather than completely disappointed they best way I can describe it is lukewarm....

Room Tip: For a good room one that isn't average I would suggest a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank jonmak_12
Dear jonmak_12,

We apologize that we didnt exceed your expectations at the Sheraton Pasadena. We are consistently working on improving from our guest feedback. We hope you give us another chance so we change your thoughts about our hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton in Pasadena with my family while on vacation. Everyone was truly very nice there from the Front Desk to the lady caring for the Club Lounge to the Housekeepers that provided extra towels daily. The guest rooms are beautiful and spacious! Thanks for the wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank AAli0828
Dear AAli0828,

We hope to see you again soon. Thanks for your comments.