“Parking and Internet fees makes this Hotel not a bargain.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Pasadena

Sheraton Pasadena
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
“Parking and Internet fees makes this Hotel not a bargain.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed at this Hotel for two nights on January 10 & 11, 2014. Was happy with the daily $94 rate plus tax, until I check in and was told of the daily cost for parking ($18) and internet ($9.95). As a frequent visitor to this area I can tell you that there are many hotels/motels in Pasadena that offer free parking and/or internet. Beware the room rate is only the beginning.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank MercyLV
SheratonPasadenaGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
It is standard for all Sheraton’s to charge per usage for High Speed Internet Access. The parking garage used for hotel and convention center parking is owned by the City of Pasadena and it’s rates are dictated by the city. There is a charge for parking at the four major hotels in Pasadena/Old Town with comparable parking fees.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Came here Chinese New Year 2013! Very helpful people!

First thing I noted, clerk checked me in is Cantonese! We talking of the Chinese New Year the next day! He ask if I ever stayed in Sheraton at Sacramento, I say yes! Guess my people at Sheraton in Sacramento emailed them to tell them include Club Level with my resrvation, that I appreciate since I know Handicapped Rooms not supposed include Club Level!

Swimming pool great! Who could be swimming in February in California, guess Southern California, possible! People here very helpful, very friendly! Only time I ate out was New Dragon Chinese Restaurant in Los Angeles China Town, hey I here for Chinese New Year, had eat in China Town! Other times I use Club Level for breakfasts, hors douevres for supper, hey like I do in Sacramento! Sacramento emailed them, yes I taking advantage of it!

Stay in Pasadena! Very nice hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Karyn C
SheratonPasadenaGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
We appreciate your comments, we hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the area. Happy New Year!
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Lovely hotel; courteous staff and very nice restaurant. Great breakfast buffet. Bed was luxurious... Only down side was not enough front desk staff, so it could be a significant wait to get assistance and no concierge to help us with directions and restaurant recommendations. I think $18 a night for parking is a bit high. Pool was supposedly heated, but didn't seem that way since it was in the shade, so it was a bit chilly for a casual swim. We had a lovely New Year's Eve dinner in the restaurant at a very reasonable $55 per person for champagne, soup, salad, entree, and dessert with coffee.....since we had to get up at 4:30 am to go to the parade the next day, we wanted something close by and we're very happy with our meal. I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially because of its location to old town Pasadena, the museums, and other shopping.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to hear that you had a mostly positive experience. New Years is a very busy time for us, and for all of Pasadena, although we do not have a concierge desk, all of our front desk and bell-staff have been thoroughly trained and are all very informed about our local area. We are honored that you would recommend our hotel, and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a business weekend since it's right next to the convention center. I was able to get a suite upgrade due to SPG status, and we ended up on the Club Level. The hotel is typical Sheraton - nice and comfortable, but not super luxurious by any means. We had a comfortable stay and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Though I would like to try the Westin on our next trip to Pasadena, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

The biggest surprise was the food quality at the restaurant - we arrived quite late and were seated in an empty dining room. The waiter provided great service without hovering, and our meals were delicious. We did not feel rushed in any way, even though we had arrived rather close to closing time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
It is wonderful to hear that you had such a positive experience in our Restaurant Soleil; we do hope that you come visit us again. Thank you for your feedback.
Chesham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed at this tired hotel for a couple of nights over Xmas. Not content with providing conflicting information about restaurant menus, their staff and management then communicated with my group in such a condescending and arrogant manner that we were made to feel like 2nd class citizens.
Not sure what customer service training their front house and duty managers receive, but on the basis that our party of 10 are regular (3/4 times a year) visitors to Pasadena, their intransigence and incivility has cost Sheraton at least $2k in revenue over the next 12 months - as we sure as hell won't be staying or dining here again.
Bizarre way to do business!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank relayer69
SheratonPasadenaGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
I am very sorry to hear that you had a disappointing stay with us. We strive to provide the very best customer service and provide a welcoming and relaxed experience for our guests, and I regret that this was not what you experienced. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss what occurred throughout your stay further at Ray@SheratonPasadena.com. Sincerely, Ray Serafin General Manager
Westlake Village, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

On December 7th, I stayed at this hotel for one night due to a hospital anesthesia event that we were coordinating at the ballroom across the street in the Paseo mall. My car was packed with over 100 flowers, Christmas ornaments, overlays, manzanita branches and decorations. Natalie Ayala, a Guest Service Representative allowed me to check in very early so that I could start with organizing the decorations for transport over to the ballroom. I am so very grateful!!!! This was huge as we barely had enough time to decorate the entire ballroom and 25 tables. Thank you again Natalie!!!!
As for the hotel, one must keep in mind that it is a 3 star hotel and nothing more. If you're looking for supreme service and a beautiful room, the Langham (5 star) is about a 10 minute drive from the Sheraton. Although, I didn't spend a lot of time in my room due to the party, once I hit the bed, it was very comfortable. I specifically asked for a room on a higher floor away from the elevator. I found the service adequate and the bellmen were there to help me transport flowers and decorations back and forth eagerly. The location of the hotel is it's best feature and the cost for the night was appropriate. Overall, it worked well for me!!

Merry Christmas,

Di

Room Tip: Choose upper level away from elevator. The first floor rooms were located down the hall with a door...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Angelscry21
SheratonPasadenaGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Di, Thank you very much for your comments. I have passed your feedback onto Natalie, as well as her manger. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to maintain and improve the level of service that our guests experience. We hope to welcome you back in the future be it for another Hospital Anesthesia event, or if you are just visiting Pasadena.
Oakland, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

The positives: great location; very good service in the restaurant with delicious food; quiet room; parking is $18/day, which is cheap in California.

The negatives: Not 10 mins. after I checked in, Housekeeping knocked and then let themselves in the room before I could answer the door! I was told their list hadn't yet been updated, but they should get tablets with real-time updates, then.
Something that could have been a toenail was on the bathroom floor.
The heater isn't very efficient and seems ancient.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
SheratonPasadenaGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we are glad you hear that you enjoyed our Restaurant Soleil, location, and we are also glad to hear you felt the parking was a value. We apologize that Housekeeping entered your room before you were able to respond. I have brought this to the attention to our Executive Housekeeper, likely the person who entered your room was a Housekeeping Supervisor coming to do a final cleanliness check, at which point the missed item on your bathroom floor would have been caught. Again, I apologize for the interruption, and thank you for your feedback as it allows us to maintain and improve our services and facilities.