“What you want to find at a Sheraton”
Review of Sheraton Pasadena

Sheraton Pasadena
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed February 16, 2013

As a Starwood Preferred Guest, I frequently find glossy emails for Sheratons in paradise locations pinging my Inbox. However, far more Sheratons will be like the one in Pasadena where I recently stayed: a bit old but perfectly pleasant for a stay (won at $80/£50 on Priceline). I don’t care if the fittings are old so long as everything works more or less as it should. The photos of the room on Tripadvisor reflect what the hotel is like.

My room had 2 double beds which made it quite large for me as a single traveller. The bed was as comfortable as any I have experienced at any hotel. Wonderful. The room had everything else that any traveller would expect, with the exception (for this was a Standard room) of a safe, which was a bit of a nuisance. There were no cleanliness issues at all. No problem with noise either. The aircon was old and not terribly efficient but it was cool enough outside for me to open the windows and cool the room that way.

Not many people seems to take breakfast or dinner at the hotel which is a pity as both were pretty enjoyable.

Service throughout the hotel was very good. One day in the lobby my server from the previous evening (Rene?) greeted me by name which I rather liked.

The Sheraton is situated 5 minutes walk from the Gold Line Metro trains that go into downtown LA every few minutes. Old Pasadena with its wonderful shopping is about 5 minutes walk away. (I had what I think might have been the best steak of my life at AKA- An Amercian Bistro.) There is also a large open air mall very close to the hotels. Pasadena is quite an up-market place with some attractions around it that would be ideal for a lazy weekend vacation. Spectacularly clean as well: try finding litter on the sidewalk. It is not great as a base for seeing LA proper especially if you don’t want to drive.

I’m a bit puzzled why this Sheraton doesn’t have slightly better ratings. Four stars from me out of five because of the absent in-room safe. Whilst it’s not OTT luxurious, if you want a solidly comfortable hotel for a business stay or vacation you can’t go wrong here. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: There is an open-air swimming pool, so if you like your peace and quiet and the weather is warm you...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank E4_traveller
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to connect with us and to share your review. We are very appreciative of guest feedback and enjoy reading reviews from guests who experienced all that the hotel and the local area has to offer. Thank you for your comments regarding the guestrooms, comfortable Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds, and convenient location in which our hotel is to local attractions in downtown Pasadena. In addition, I have shared your feedback regarding the cuisine and service in the restaurants with our Food & Beverage team. We appreciate your recommendation for in room safes, we have safes in a portion of our guestrooms and will be added safes to all rooms in the near future. Thank you again for your review and your recommendation to our future guests.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Travelled to LA in Dec, decided to stay a little out of the city to save $
Paid about $100 for the room/night. As a SPG preferred member, I stayed in a higher celing room

Room was clean, everything was working. The hotel may look a little old but the rooms were modern looking and was big in size

Parking was extra so be prepared and the hotel itself is a little hard to find (it's off a smaller street). However, location and price was amazing and I'm glad we stayed there during our travels.

Room Tip: be a SPG member
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Experience l, Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Rooms could be hit or miss. Sometimes very large with twin large (for UK) double beds, higher up floors had smaller bedrooms due to the shape of the building tapering in at the top so only one large double. Very clean. Bathrooms spotless. Some bathrooms were designed for disabled use but did not impact on the experience.

Not a romantic hotel, more designed for business trips (being next to the conference halls) but would be an excellent hotel for a young couple wanting to do a bit of shopping locally & didn't mind so much about the overall ambience of the hotel outside of the room itself as the rooms are very comfy to stay in with someone else! Great location for some cool shops, ask for a lift to the metro, 40mins to Hollywood (a dump so great to stay somewhere socially up market such as Pasadena).

Only complaint from colleagues is that apparently the hotel puts up Pop Idol contestants so can be loud during audition times.

Room Tip: Try & get rooms on lower floors for a larger room & balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to connect with us at the Sheraton Pasadena. We are very appreciative of your feedback for our hotel and the local area. Thank you for your comments regarding the clean guestrooms and bathrooms. In addition, we appreciate you informing our future guests where to go while traveling and how long typical travel time is throughout the Greater Los Angeles Area. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a business trip. Service was great, food good, room pleasant. Wifi was for charge it they didn't charge per device as Marriott does, just room/day. Walking distance to Old Town etc. restaurants in d town better that Paseo across from Conv center.

• Stayed: February 2013
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and our future guests. We are very appreciative of your comments regarding the service, delectable food and pleasant guestrooms. Thank you for sharing our convenient location with our future guests; should our guests need help with venturing out in the city, we offer a complimentary shuttle to many areas in Pasadena. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Came out to meet a friend and knew I'd have drinks so I didn't want to drive...or spend a lot on a room. Googled Hotels in the area and stumbled onto an awesome deal through easytobook.com. Far less, $110., then any other site and less then half the hotels rate. Check in was easy and they were VERY helpful and nice. Paid for parking but the rate was good and you get a key to leave and return, in & out parking. Bar was great, fun and inviting. Bartender was wonderful lady. Sorry I'm terrible remembering names. I will use easytobook and this hotel again...soon.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed January 29, 2013

For starters the fd management is not worthy in taking account of their potential guest rather they fight with their guest. I had a seminar and 3 times i saw a black lady outta uniform talking bad about guest... I understand she is pregnant but no reason to burst out her hormones at guest. The tvs suck and internet! so if ur planning on staying, good luck. also walls are paper thin. you can hear absolutely everything from the room next door and the cinstruction on the roof to the cars on the st. The fd gives keys to ur room without checkin id. i had a couple walk into my room in the middle of the night while in the nude sleeping!!!! I WILL NEVER STAY NOR RECCOMEND ANYONE TO STAY!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are equally as bad!!! I moved 3 times till i gave up!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jon t

Reviewed January 26, 2013

The rooms are comfortable and very clean . Location is good with shops and restaurants within a 5 minute walk . Right next door is a ice skating ring . Rooms have a fridge and a the hotel provide complimentary water . The pool is fairly small but the facilities are good.
It is a quiet location and a lovely town .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Experience l, Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Thanks for your feedback.