“Great location, near many attractions”
Review of Sheraton Pasadena

Sheraton Pasadena
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Very nicely kept property next to convention center and heart of Old Town. Hit Gelson's Market for casual eats or the Paseo Colorado for restaurants, shops and movies. Through the Paseo to Europane for the
Best coffee, breakfast, lunch and naked goods. A few blocks from the heart of Old Town for more shops and restaurants!

• Stayed: November 2012
Experience l, Manager at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Reviewed November 17, 2012

For the price paid, it was just average value. Location is good. Parking is expensive at $18 ; it was not clear to me whether it would be cheaper to pay the convention rate for night for $10 directly to parking instead of hotel but front desk said it would be charged twice once past midnight. do not know if that is true. room was excellent; had fridge but no microwave. ask for room overlooking the front or Cordova St and not back or convention center. Great location. Expensive breakfast with average food. The staff did what they were supposed to but were not friendly or helpful. For example, there was NEW YORK TIMES at front desk and I asked for one and checkout clerk grudgingly and reluctantly gave me one. My starwood rewards membership was never acknowledged and i was denied an upgrade to club floor even though i had called earlier to request one. I found the bed comfortable

Room Tip: Ask for room facing front or Cordova St and not back or convention center
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PULAOKHAO

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed a few days, in early November 2012. In all aspects, the hotel was exceptional. The staff is friendly. I asked a doorman for walking directions to a local restaurant and he walked me through the hotel to show me the easiest route. My friends, or family, would not even do that. The room was large, clean, with a wonderful bed. The facility is great, the local area is outstanding. Believe me, you will be happy that you made the choice to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Views are wonderful but good hearts make our world spin.
From the concierge to the club staff and housekeeping, the staff made us feel special whenever we gave the the opportunity.
a warm thank you as we completed our 30 year anniversary trip to Rome.
J&S

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 9, 2012

There are much better places to stay in Pasadena (the Hilton a block or so away, the Courtyard by Marriott, or the Embassy Suites in Glendale if you don't mind being a bit further away, even the Pasadena Inn is better). I visit Pasadena a lot and wound up staying here because I couldn't get in anywhere else.

The room was big, but most of the space was wasted. The bed was terrible (plasticy thin comforter, impossibly thick, heavy, and hot thick comforter). The room got hot at night even though the outside temperature was in the 50s-60s, so I had to run the junky-looking wall air conditioner, which was noisy and took a long time to cool the room down.

At checkout, which I wound up doing in person at the front desk at 6:30 AM because they don't automatically check you out and slip the bill under your door, they gave me a bill only for the parking, so I had to call back (so-far unsuccessfully) when filling out my expense report to try to get a real receipt.

All of this would have been okay if the place was a good deal, but it wasn't. I won't be staying there again if I can avoid it. Good riddance.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a perfectly fine hotel, though it doesn't seem to be run as efficiently as the Hilton just a quarter mile away. The rooms are fine, but the check-in guy was incompetent. First thing out of his mouth when I went up to the desk was "Well, let me see if we have anything available; we're full you know" (not what anyone wants to hear when they've got a reserved reservation). He also mumbled something about "you're on the Club floor, so that's nice," but didn't explain what that means (2 days into my stay, I discovered it meant that there was a free breakfast available, as well as an evening reception!). Finally, he made a big deal about how they're now a very "green" hotel and no longer print statements to deliver to your door at checkout. When I explained that I need such a thing for business documentation, he said, "Oh, we can do it on request - do you want to request this?" I indicated "yes," yet they still didn't do it at checkout (meaning I had to stand in line with my luggage for 10 minutes at checkout just to get a receipt... and then (ironically for a "green" hotel), they didn't print front/back and, instead, printed it on multiple 1-sided sheets! One other little thing... when making a reservation on the Sheraton website, the confirmation doesn't indicate that they charge an additional $18 for parking. The nearby Westin, Courtyard, and Hilton are all much more "up front" about this. Having stayed at these other nearby hotels, I have to say that the Westin and Hilton are both much more efficiently run - at least from a staff training standpoint.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank FlyGuy47

Reviewed November 8, 2012

If there's one abiding memory of Sheraton, Pasadena it is how difficult it was to find.
OK maybe my fault for turning up in a rental car without GPS but to be fair, two Californians coming to meet me also ran into the same issues.
Parking was a whole other matter as the (pricey) multi-level parking structure also serves the Pasadena Convention Center but when I managed to find a spot within 5 minutes walk of the hotel entrance I felt I had won a bonus - and the cheerful bell-boy who moved my bags in and out deserved the $10 tip.
The room was ... well 'odd' is the only term. The door was tucked away in a little corner near the elevator. It was two weeks ago and I've been in several hotels before and since so forget whether it was 243 or 423 but there was a mini corridor (and large closet) behind the front door and then a very large bedroom at the end of that and then a further door to the large bathroom.
Facilities were all working just fine - the view from the window was of other walls but I could have cared less as I was there for a function at the very nearby Convention Center. I also took a 20 minute late evening stroll to a Whole Foods - which could have been a ten minute stroll had the concierge given me better directions.
Staff were all pleasant and friendly. I booked well ahead with Expedia but if location is not too significant there are possibly better deals to be had.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business