1,523 results
All reviews heavenly bed city hall self parking room service rooftop pool shuttle service fire pit corner room free shuttle front desk staff old town beautiful hotel per day shops and restaurants few blocks rose bowl colorado blvd
Selected filters
Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel in 2014 for a convention. I returned again because it's a great price due to the block rate. The staff upfront are always friendly. I even got to check in early. Went up to my room on the 7th floor and it was quiet. I never heard anyone on my floor which was nice. Bathroom is pretty spacious with plenty of towels, etc. The tv is pretty good size as well with plenty of channels to keep you busy. The bed is always one of the main attractions. It's very soft and you fall asleep quickly.

My review is pretty much the same since they haven't changed and still do a great job of being welcomed.

Only challenge I would say is shuttle service. Many convention guests stayed and were constantly coming and going for trips to Pasadena convention center so wait time was 15-30 minutes and there were only so many shuttles. So best advice is to maybe add one extra shuttle t meet heavy demand but all in all great.

Pros: 1. quiet hotel family friendly but kids are well behaved here. I did not see kids running up and down like other hotels

2. There are 2 POKESTOPS at the hotel :) from my room I had two I could reach with ease. And there are many many within walking distance. So if pokemon go is your thing definitely stay here.

3. Bed is great. Always comfy.
4. Food is good with plenty of healthy options. Sitting out by fire at night is really cool.

5. There's a Target nearby along with other stores for sundries.

Cons: shuttle service. Normal business Days it's no problem on Wednesday easily got a shuttle. But once convention hit it was very tough. Recommend using uber or Lyft as a backup. Not their fault just demand is very high.

Definitely stay here when in Pasadena. Hopefully I'll see you again in 2018

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2016

My husband and I wanted to do a staycation so we got a deal for 2 nights at the Westin Pasadena in a corner executive room on the 10th floor. You can choose to self park ($11 w/validation every time you leave the garage) or valet ($15/day), so we chose to self park and walk during our stay. I've read other reviews that the Westin rooms are quite small, so I was pleasantly surprised by the size of our room. The corner rooms have a hallway that leads to the bedroom area, are generously sized, get lots of light, have a fairly large bathroom, and a mini fridge (very helpful).

That being said, the room (and I'm assuming most of the hotel) is in need of some refreshing. The furniture in our room was fraying, scuffed, permanently smushed, or stained. The carpet was fraying in parts or, where it met the tile of the entry way, nonexistent and pulling away from the floor. I wanted to stay at the Westin because I remembered that they had their signature "Heavenly" beds--well maybe I'm old but they don't have those anymore; but the bed wasn't too soft which my back appreciated. However, I was kind of surprised to see that they don't use a mattress protector; they just have a thin piece of wool between the fitted sheet and the mattress in order to regulate body temp (which it did well). The bathroom was in better shape, but I did find a silverfish crawling around which grossed me out (and is maybe unavoidable?).

The pool was underwhelming. For a hotel of this size I was surprised at how small it was and how little seating there is. Also the staff attention at the pool was inconsistent. Sometimes there wouldn't be any towels so we'd have to take some from the gym, other times the cabana chairs didn't have cushions on their seats--why? Especially on a busy weekend?

Our interactions with staff were fine--check in and checkout were pretty breezy despite there being only one person there each time, and each time they were on the phone and took a while to acknowledge us. We called from our room to request razors and another robe, and it took 20 minutes to get the robe, and another 15 for the razors because the staff person forgot them the first time.

I know the rooms here can be expensive, so until things get refreshed and have that attention to detail that Westin used to be known for, I would avoid paying full price for a room here, and if you're a light sleeper, I would only stay in a corner room on a higher floor.

Room tip: Corner rooms have own hallways so hotel noise low. Higher rooms have less street noise.
Management response:Responded August 27, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about the long wait for your requested items and the poor condition of our guestroom. I will definitely look into this with our team. Meanwhile, I would like to take this opportunity to share some good news about our guestroom renovation that has been approved and scheduled to start early 2017! We already have two model rooms completed and would love the opportunity to show you this should you return to Pasadena for another staycation. If you book your reservation in advance, based on availability, we may even try to pre-block you into one of these rooms so you may experience our new model rooms. Thank you for taking the time to address your experience with us. We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2016

decided last minute to book a room - so my hubby and I didn't have to drive back home after a late night concert held at the Rose Bowl [ we live in Huntington Beach, CA]

OK price for the room - rather roomy with nice padded bench seating by the wooden shutters windows - we did have a parking lot view - but if you look up - Pasadena's City Hall cupola could be seen [ rm 439 ]

small , cool [ ok if you are actually swimming but refreshing for short laps - we swam early at 7:30 am before the kids woke up ! , - spotted pool late afternoon the day before and the small pool deck was packed ! - ] very nice teak lounges with cushions and table for drinks and even a poolside bar .

the gym and pool ls on the 4th floor - mini fridge and nice soaking tub/shower and in room safe [ large enough for a big tablet ].

Room tip: pool and gym off of 4th floor
Reviewed August 23, 2016

After being out all night at a Coldplay concert, my friend and I were starving because there was nothing in the area open (Sunday night). I called room service at 1am and was told and before even requesting anything specific, I was told "we are all out of food...there was a large group staying here for a concert and we are sold out." I didn't know what do say, as I thought he must be joking. So I just creating a long pausing waiting for him to say something differently. Instead, he responds "You're not aware of the concert that went on tonight...we have a big group staying here for that and they have ordered everything we have. All sold out." I then responded, "No, I'm aware...we went to the concert and just got back....but I've never heard of a hotel running out of food." His resonse: "It's a big group....they've ordered everything." I then just hung up the phone.

I laid there in bed with my friend and we both were just shocked, thinking "Wow, how did this hotel plan this so wrong that they are out of food?! That's just insane."

The next morning, I go down to the front desk to check out and said "Hey, that was pretty strange that you ran out of food last night...what happened there?" The front desk women looked at me and didn't know what I was referring to. When I gave her more information, she made a few calls and was told there were not issues with room service that night.

At this point, I went from being disappointed at the hotel that they didn't plan inventory well enough to being really angry and cheated, as it appeared the person who answered the phone last night was either 1) playing a joke or 2) didn't feel like offering room service.

As a gesture, the offered a free breakfast in the hotel but at this point, the valet had already pulled my car up and my friend was waiting. Also, after feeling badly deceived with whatever went on the night before, I just wanted to leave.

I asked that the manager call me, as I wanted to find out exactly how this person could be doing this. She called 6 hours after I checked out and offered a blanket apology and said she would look into it.

Overall, the oddest experience ever staying in a hotel and not a very good stay. We TRULY were extremely hungry and laid there awake in the room wishing there was food. (BTW, this room did not have any honor bar or food in it, or we certainly would have raided that.)

Overall, I feel scammed, punked, and my view of the Westin has changed.

Too bad, as the property in well-kept and the beds are so comfortable; however, you have someone working at that property who should be fired. But, I'm guessing they will never know who it was or if they do, he will deny the conversation. Sad.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Brian M
Management response:Responded August 27, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. I am truly disappointed to hear about your experience with room service. What you described is highly unusual and unlike our team. Rest assured we are currently looking into this matter and will find out exactly what happened. Speaking for the rest of the team, we are in the hospitality industry to create memorable experiences for our guests and I am deeply troubled when I see feedback of poor service execution. Please accept my sincere apologies and I sincerely hope you will contact us on your next visit to the Westin so we can make it right.

Reviewed August 19, 2016

We only stayed one night on our way out of L.A. It was our anniversary so they gave us drink coupons which was a nice gesture.
We had a newly renovated room which was super nice. I loved the long seating on the window. This was right in the heart of downtown Pasadena so a lot of eateries and shopping in walking distance.
We dined on the patio the evening we were there. I loved the enclosed fire. It was a nice romantic setting to end our anniversary trip. We will stay longer the next time we are in the area.

Date of stay: June 2016