1,518 results
All reviews heavenly bed city hall self parking rooftop pool room service shuttle service fire pit corner room free shuttle front desk staff old town beautiful hotel starbucks coffee per day shops and restaurants business trip few blocks
Selected filters
Reviewed July 18, 2016

I have stayed at this hotel several times, and it is always nice. The gym and pool area upstairs are a treat, but service there can be inconsistent. When this hotel is crowded it can also be a challenge to get a good room and or the service one would expect at a Westin. This is especially true of the parking situation, given the small turn around area and lots of cars trying to get parked.

This is one of the nicer spots, however, in Pasadena, and I will return.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

First time at this hotel and I will return! Rooms are spacious and clean. Pool is small but lovely. Restaurant is very good. Friendly & hard working wait staff. Valet Parking is only $15 overnight (in DC it's $50) so use it. So many things to do and see. Very walkable plus the hotel offers a shuttle within a few miles.

Reviewed July 10, 2016

I stayed at the Westin for 2 days and everything was good but my only complain would be about one of the valet attendants (short Hispanic) had his neck full of "hickies" I really don't care about a person's private life but I find it very offensive and vulgar to show it on a place full of families with children.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank avefly82
Benito B, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2016

We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am extremely happy to learn that you enjoy our hotel, and I am very surprised and embarrassed regarding your experience with the valet services attendant. We agree this should not have happened, and I will personally investigate this issue. Please rest assured that proper actions will be taken to prevent other guests from having a similar experience.
I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Westin Pasadena in the future so we can provide you with the fully wonderful stay you were right to expect from us.

Reviewed July 9, 2016 via mobile

This was my third stay at the Westin Pasadena (2010, 2013, 2016); it will remain my hotel of choice in the area if I am back again.

My wife, daughter (5 months old) and I arrived at the hotel after a redeye flight to LAX at around 7a. Unfortunately, the hotel was fully booked the previous night, and housekeeping only arrives at 9:30a. Until 11a when our room was ready, we walked around Pasadena, waited in the nicely appointed lounge in the lobby, and ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The hotel staff made the wait as bearable as possible. Also note that their front desk staff are very good with babies.

There were an unusual number of dogs in this hotel. I'm not sure why, but clearly this is a dog-friendly property.

Rooms are typical Westin caliber. Ours was a corner unit. Sound insulation could have been better (you could faintly hear our baby crying in our room from the hallway), but it was sufficient. In term of size, the room was big enough to accommodate all three of us comfortably.

The quality of food was mixed. Healthy choices on the restaurant menu are good - the oatmeal portion size is quite generous and was excellent. On the other hand, my wife didn't really like her room-service spaghetti.

The location is extremely convenient and central in Pasadena. On the 3 different occasions I've stayed here, I have visited 3 different businesses, all of which were either within walking distance or a very short drive from the hotel. The Rose Bowl is a nice 25 minute jog away...good destination if you're a runner.

Overall, this is a slightly above-average Westin, mostly attributable to its well above-average service / staff.

2  Thank HNLYULCDG
Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

Staff was friendly and the hotel was clean but overall the hotel feels outdated. I had some issues with the TV remote not functioning but was too tired to even mention it since I was just there for a night.

What I really didn't get was the cheap motel 6 plastic cups left in the bathroom. Whose idea was it? In a Westin? Really? Pay close to $400 a night and they offer the same cups you get in a $40 a night motel 6 room.

There really isn't anything special about this hotel other then the friendly staff.

2  Thank justinjsw
Benito B, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2016

Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. Our goal is always to provide our guests with a revitalizing, frustration-free stay, and I’m quite disappointed to hear we fell short of this. We do offer plastic cups mandated by the brand and will take your feedback to them. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations. I am pleased to at least hear that you received great service from our team members. I very much hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back in the future and provide you with an experience more fully reflective of Westin’s high standards.