“Very Disappointed, a motel is better.”

The Westin Pasadena
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
GreenLeadersBronze level
california
“Very Disappointed, a motel is better.”
Reviewed July 14, 2009

I was expecting a decent hotel with the Westin name and the price I pay. Well the outside look of the hotel looks grand and that's it, as soon as you get into the room. No microwave or refrigerator. The reception said you can have a fridge for $10 a day. Beside, the room is old and dirty. I see stain on the toilet, towels and even the pillow case. And they have dust everywhere like the dryer and the tissue box. That's very disgusting. I talked to the registration lady the next morning. She didn't really apologize nor give me any compensation. She only offered to send the cleaning lady up. It was my worst hotel experiment and I feel like spending 4 star hotel price with a 2 star motel stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
WestinPasadena, Owner at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, July 30, 2009
I am sorry to read about your experience and how we missed the mark on numerous occasions. Your experience was not typical and The Westin brand truly tries to offer better. I have reviewed your comments with the team and we will address the housekeeping items you noted. The hotel is a full service hotel and as such chose not to offer complimentary in room refrigerators and microwaves. That said it is with comments like yours that we learn and grow and wie'll certainly take into consideration your feedback as we plan for the future. We hope you will try us again and until then, remain well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
California
Reviewed June 16, 2009

The Westin in Pasadena is in a great location. It is 2 blocks from Colorado Blvd. Everything is within a short walk. Lots of restaurants, shopping, bars, etc. The mall is a few blocks away as is the movie theater. The Westin grounds were very nice. The hotel is very clean. The rooms are spacious. The sttaff very friendly and efficient. Great view of the old Pasadena courthouse from the pool.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Wow; we couldn't agree more! Thank you for recognizing all that we have to offer. We are centrally located in the heart of the city and within walking distance to Old Town as well as great shops and restaurants. It sounds like you had a blast and we hope to see you again soon. Be well....
Irvine, CA
Reviewed June 5, 2009

I've stayed at this hotel twice. Once in 07 and in 08. The staff was very accomodating and friendly. It was a great experience!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Thank you! We cannot recognize the great staff enough for all that they do. It is our staff that makes the hotel and The Westin brand come to life. They truly do an amazing job in delivering exceptional service. I am certain that they will enjoy reading your comments for all to see. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon; be well.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Stayed here for 5 days, booked on Hotwire for less than $75 a night so a real bargain,
the hotel is in the Old Town and is perfectly located for exploring the beautiful city of Pasadena, the hotel itself oozes charm and serenity, the pool is smaller than we expected but the fitness room is excellent. we didn't eat at the hotel as we have a boisterous 4 year and the restaurant seemed a little too elegant to have taken him in but there are many decent places to eat within a 5 minute walk. Every member of staff we spoke to were a credit to the hotel, particularly the various concierges who advised and explained perfectly on any requests we had.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2009

I've only stayed 1 night at the Westin Pasadena and I can say that's a really nice hotel. I wished I could have stayed longer. Nice lobby, beautiful terasse/garden with fountains, comfortable room as always, awesome view from the swimming pool on Pasadena City Hall. Only 5 minutes walk from Memorial Park Station on the Gold Line reaching downtown L.A. in around 20 minutes. I highly recommend this hotel, it's a real Westin, you know what to expect !

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JulienF
Virginia
Reviewed April 6, 2009

I stayed at the Westin while attending a conference, and even though both the other designated conference hotels--a Hilton and a Sheraton--were somewhat closer to the Convention Center, I think this was the best choice. The Westin is a very attractive hotel, tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. My room was spacious and well-designed for a working traveler, with a good-sized desk and plenty of outlets for electronic devices. The bed was extremely comfortable--actually, I had trouble making myself get up in the morning, though there may have been other reasons for that--and the double-headed shower was great. There's a very pretty courtyard with pools and fountains in it that appears to be attached to the hotel restaurant, and a small, handsome, Japanese-ish bar. The staff is courteous and efficient. There just isn't anything wrong with the place, and I'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Chicago
Reviewed March 31, 2009

I'll make the short and sweet, because there's not much expansion that needs to go beyond saying that this is everything you'd expect from a Westin... modern decor, attentive staff, great bathroom, comfy bed, great gym. Nothing beats getting everything you'd expect from a hotel of this class, and that is exactly what you get.

I stayed here for three weeks, spread out over the summer of 2008 and I never had any problems and was never disappointed with the service or amenities. The staff makes you feel at home and the room feels like it was just renovated with modern finished the day before you arrived. It's location is close to the hustle and bustle of Colorado street, leaving you with plenty of dinner/drinking options. The only drawback is the size of the hotel bar, but I think that only encourages you to get out and enjoy Pasadena a little more.

Overall, if you are staying in Pasadena this is the place to be if you want a great, consistent and enjoyable hotel.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business