“If you need a place to stay in Pasadena, this is it!”

The Westin Pasadena
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pennsylvania
“If you need a place to stay in Pasadena, this is it!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This is our second visit to the Westin in 2 years. We were out for a graduation this trip, which can tend to be stressful. Our previous visit was for the Rose Parade. This is an exceptional facility. It is located close to most downtown venues, and they have a shuttle that will take you nearly everywhere within a 3 mile radius. The greeeting is warm and welcoming and the service is top notch. They will go out of their way to make sure that your needs are taken care of. The beds are comfortable and the rooms clean and well maintained. We did not eat at the restaurant much due to our schedules this visit. We definately enjoyed our stay, and will return here for any visit to the Pasadena area.

Green Features: recycle baskets in every room, and options to re-use towels
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank psutraveler08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The hotel rooms leave a lot to be desired. The typical room is 245 sq ft. It feels terribly cramped. If you opt for an Executive Room, you get an extra 120 sq ft which is livable. The furniture and decorations are blah, but this is a business hotel so they probably figure no one is in their room much.
The fitness room is state of the art. The pool area is lovely. The restaurant ditto. The food is very good here too. The staff are all very friendly and eager to make you happy. There is a cushy library nook right off the lobby.
So, it is what it is. Not luxury by a long shot, but a reasonably priced hotel just a block off Colorado in the heart of Old Town. There is a Sheraton and Hilton on the same street even closer to Colorado. Just saying........ check it all out.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room or an executive room. You do not want just a deluxe.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
TimLusher, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate the desire for additional room and certainly happy that we had alternatives to offer to you. The design of our guestrooms was done by the Westin design team and meant to be soothing and comfortable. I am glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy the offerings in our amenities and hope to see you back soon.
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

The room design is comfort. You can have a short walk to nearby spot. No need to take a ride to settle.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Pasadena, CA
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Of course this is just my opinion, and neither Hubs or I have stayed anywhere else in Pasadena, but given its location [not in noisy, crowded Old Town but close enough] and pros listed below, I'd be loathe to stay anywhere else.

PROS:
• location - it's near the architecturally stunning City Hall and walking distance to the outdoor shops of Paseo Colorado, which means it's in a quieter area so you don't have to worry about street noise
• staff - genuinely pleasant and helpful
• rooms - sensible, efficient layout...very clean, with VERY comfortable beds and windows that actually open
• fridge - EMPTY for your use!
• coffee and water - coffeemaker with Starbucks coffee in your room and TWO free bottles of water

CONS:
• self-parking - it's expensive and there are NO in/out privileges...it was actually more cost-effective for me to valet at $15/night
• internet - NO free access, even in the common/lobby area...however, if you are a Starwood Gold member or higher you can get the fee waived
• bathrooms - somewhat small

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Pasadena, California
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have stayed at the Westin, Pasadena numerous times for business and every single time it is not only pleasant, clean, etc...the staff at the front desk makes me feel special and take care of my needs.

All of the front desk folks are professional; however, Timesha Willis adds a special touch of warmth and efficiency. She is kind, handles situations with a smile and seems to go above and beyond for the customer.

I moved to Pasadena recently but plan on taking mini-getaways there when I need a break from the rat race. When I walk into this big hotel, I feel like I'm coming to see old friends.

I am grateful for the wonderful customer service they provide.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side give you a great mountain view. On the south, you get a view of the city - t...
Green Features: I always take advantage of their Green program - it makes me feel less wasteful and I opt for the points.
1 Thank ckjonesmgmt
Chicago, IL
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Loved this hotel, my favorite one I used during my business trip to LA. :The location to downtown Pasadena is great and a quick car trip to downtown LA. The rooms are clean, quite and comfortable. they have everything I need to get some work done. I really like the outdoor patio. The roof top pool is small but just what I need to soak up a few rays or take a quick dip. The gym works just great for me but if I have extra time, I head over to the Rose Bowl for a great and safe place to run. My only real complaint is that even know I am Starwood Platinum, I feel I never get upgraded here. All in all, I try to stay at this Westin when I am in town.

Green Features: Go green if you are staying more than one night....score on the extra Starwood points.
Newcastle Staffs
Reviewed May 10, 2014

After a long flight and a ridiculously long wait to get through immigration at LAX, then a mix-up over our rental car, we finally arrived at the Westin. The staff just took charge, unloading our luggage and parking the car. We were able to have a relaxing cool drink! Surprisingly the photographs posted on-line do not do the hotel justice, in reality it is much brighter and attractive. Our room overlooked City Hall which was floodlit at night, such a wonderful view of this part of the city. We would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting this part of California.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple