The Westin Pasadena
Howard Johnson Pasadena(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
$137
$110
$168
  • Restaurant
Vagabond Inn Executive Pasadena(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
$109
$173
$156
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Pasadena Royale Inn & Suites(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
$149
BestWestern.com
GreenTree Pasadena Inn(Pasadena)
$159
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
$149
$139
Courtyard
$520
$499
1,458 results
All reviewsheavenly bedcity hallself parkingrooftop poolroom servicecomplimentary shuttlewithin a mile radiusfire pitcorner roomold townshuttle servicefront desk staffbeautiful hotelstarbucks coffeeper daybusiness tripshops and restaurants
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I am from LA area and spent quite a bit of time in South Pasadena/Pasadena area but now live in MI so I know area really well.....this is the best place to stay in Pasadena in terms of service, location, value for money, architectural design, and "cheap valet."

We are repeat customers and big fans of the Westin Pasadena and have stayed here numerous times and have great feel for hotel. I always try to get a high floor and the staff usually accommodates me (keep in mind am SPG platinum) and/or accommodates us when we make a request.

We arrived late Friday night into LAX and was checked in by Chris (who is always unbelievable polite and accommodating etc). . .and we were first put into 11th floor (out of 12) as apparently sold out . . .the next am we asked to be moved to highest floor (12th) and the staff made sure that happened (in particular Laura in the front desk made that happened) ...so kudos to the staff.

Pros: Best hotel in Pasadena given location and value for money; valet is a "value" for $14 bucks (in and out privileges as well) as keep in mind in LA and other major cities its super expensive (e.g. it is $55 bucks in Chicago!).
Everyone is friendly and service is top-notch
Conveniently located in Old Town Pasadena (on side street near major street of Colorado Blvd) and as well as Paseo shopping area.

Nice pool/whirlpool area and you have a nice view of Pasadena City Hall and view of the mountains in background while you hang out in whirlpool!

Cons:
others have commented on charge for internet. . . which would be frustrating as well (comp as SPG platinum)

We would highly recommend the Westin Pasadena without reservations ... . .we love staying here...

Room Tip: Get room away from Los Robles. . ..
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RonanJordi
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Let me just give a shout out to Laura at the front desk. After learning it was our 10 year anniversary, she gave us a gorgeous room on the 11th floor overlooking everything! She even sent up a romance tray with a handwritten card of congratulations. Check in and check out was fast, and I had some issues with our folio that were all addressed and remedied quickly. The valet was fast, friendly, and worth the $14 a day for as much as we used it. We signed up to become SPG members and received free wifi as well.
I called reservations the morning of our check in after having no luck on Priceline or any other website. I received a buy one night, get the next night 40% off deal.
Our room was clean, spacious, and everything worked properly. We didn't have any issues.
The reason for the 4-star rating is that if your room is next to the housekeeping rooms, you can hear everything in the hallway. My husband is a hard sleeper and I wear earplugs, so it was a non-issue for us, but you can hear everything. I would also avoid the 4th floor for this reason. There would be lots of foot traffic since this is where the pool and work out room are located. I also was able to hear our neighbor's baby cry, but I may be ultra-sensitive since I myself have a baby. Mom-hearing is excellent. Another reason for the 4-star rating is the towels in the bathroom were very rough. Worse than my 8-year old towels at home. The reason I point this out is because the hotel promotes their bed and bath as being "heavenly." Yes for the bed. No for the bathroom.
We used the pool and spa. Both were clean, towels provided, and you can order up food and drinks through an outside phone. Obviously the hotel food was very expensive. We didn't order any, but what I saw looked delicious.
We walked the easy walk to the downtown area, and drove most everywhere else. My husband and I both agreed we would stay here again as a couple, but not with our kids. Too expensive for the whole family.
Thank you to the staff who made our stay very nice.

Room Tip: we stayed in 1147, corner room overlooking mountains and city
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2014

When I stay in a hotel, I have a level of expectation, which I think is pretty reasonable. I expect the room to be clean and in good order when I arrive, that the bathroom is clean and properly stocked, that the services and amenities are in fact available as indicated on their website. One should expect this from a four star hotel, since it’s all about the details.

What was good about this hotel is that the parking/valet is really reasonably priced, the locations is good, and the hotel overall seems to be on the newer side.

What was not so good…

We checked in around 2am after a long day of traveling, and went up to our room to finally get some sleep. We slept into the afternoon and missed housekeeping. Not a big deal, we could wait till the next day. However, while getting ready that day I realized that although there was shampoo and conditioner and enough bath towels, there was no body wash, no wash clothes, and only one hand towel. Since we slept late and were in a hurry, we made do with what was there and what we brought with us. That evening we called to get more towels and soap when we got back but it never arrived. The next morning we made do with we had, and figured it would be restocked by housekeeping. I even left a note requesting the items and a nice tip. When we returned in the evening, our room was never cleaned. We called down to the front desk to request the towels and soap, which didn’t arrive, so we called again two hours later. Someone from housekeeping brought up the requested items, and I asked her if we needed to request housekeeping tomorrow before we leave the room in the morning. She said that she would make sure that our room was cleaned the next day and the reason why our room wasn’t cleaned that day because it was noted on the housekeeping log that our do not disturb sign was on the door all day. I told her that it was the first night we were there, but we had made sure that the sign was removed when we left in the morning and that the housekeeper was cleaning the room next to us when we left. Finally, the next day the room was cleaned. Again, I left a note for extra wash clothes with a nice tip. We got extra hand towels but only two wash clothes. I guess since the room was finally cleaned, I can’t complain too much about the wash clothes.

As far as the room goes, it was fairly nice and clean when we arrived. However, the carpet was frayed and coming up near where the carpet meets the tile. If you're not paying attention this could be somewhat of a hazard.

As for the free business center that is opened 24 hours a day, I would take that with a grain of salt. Sunday night we needed to print some things out and make some copies, well that can’t happen after the business center is closed. However, there is another smaller business center opened 24 hours a day that is not free and has a two computers and one printer. It’s actually fairly expensive for 15 min use of the computer, and to print a few pages.

I’m normally not terribly nit-picky about things, I just want them done right the first time. I know this could be a good hotel once they get the basics down.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank JillyBean620
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry that you received such poor response form the staff. I want to assure you that it is always our intention that our guest rooms are 100% ready for the arriving guest. I agree that is a reasonal expectation. We use comments such as yours for training for our associates. I hope that we can restore your faith in our brand.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Beautiful hotel and impecable customer service as would be expected from any Westin property. Valet parking was smooth and efficient as was the Bell Desk. Recently relocated bar and expanded outdoor patio are very nice touches. Breakfast was fine, but lunch was outstanding. <The fish tacos were delectable>. Definatley will stay here again and again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I spent 2 nights at this hotel and it was very convenient. Restaurants are nearby (walking distance), the valet is inexpensive ($14), and the place was clean and professional. The biggest annoyance was how little bathroom counter space there was, and that's hardly an annoyance.

The gym was decent, the pool was beautiful, and the firepit in the courtyard divine.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business