The Westin Pasadena
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Howard Johnson Pasadena(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
$93
Vagabond Inn Executive Pasadena(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
$109
$149
$127
$113
$135
ComfortInn
$129
Saga Motor Hotel(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
$102
$149
$139
Courtyard
$319
$269
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Best Western Pasadena Inn(Pasadena)(Great Value!)
$109
1,450 results
All reviewsheavenly bedcity hallself parkingrooftop poolroom servicecomplimentary shuttlewithin a mile radiusfire pitcorner roomold townshuttle servicefront desk staffbeautiful hotelstarbucks coffeeper daybusiness tripshops and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Frankly I consider the comfort level of the bed and pillows of utmost importance. In this regard, the Westin Pasadena scored high. The room was a bit cramped, very little room between the edge of the bed and the very small bar area, making it hard to reach the coffee pot. They lost a couple of points for that as well as the fact that they still have the old fasioned kinda gross coffee pots. Graduate to a Keurig please! Otherwise very clean and quiet. The restaurant in the hotel has a tasty breakfast, but like any hotel eatery, a bit overpriced.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jaguilar323
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Upon arrival to our room, we quickly noticed the stained duvet cover and sheets, (with what seemed like blood), the black, long hair on the pillow cases, the brown, water stained lamp shades, the spider webs in the corner and the dirty windows. Not what we expected for the price paid and the Westin name. We complained to the front desk about the sheets and requested they be changed. We had left the hotel in the meantime to run around town, came back four hours later, same dirty sheets! Finally, they sent up a woman to replace the sheets and duvet cover, and when she came up, the sheets she had were also stained. You can tell she was frustrated and very apologetic. Not frustrated at us, frustrated and that she couldn't find clean sheets. Which is kind of amazing actually for this type of hotel? Anyway, after that the toilet clogged with just a bit of toilet paper, they sent someone up to the room for about 2 hours because they needed to change out the entire line... I don't know what line because I'm no plumber. I just was really surprised at how un-kept and poorly managed the room itself was. Outside of the rooms, the hotel seemed very nice, but honestly we didn’t do much exploring of the grounds. The men at valet were very helpful and offered great service. When we were checking out I asked to speak to the front desk manager, Kyle, to let him know our complaints with the room. He listened, robotically. He seemed to agree with everything I told him in regards to customer service and the way a name brand hotel, like the Westin, should be keeping their rooms. He said he would write an email to me letting me know how apologetic he was and that he would follow up with me to make sure we were “taken care of in the future” by the Westin Pasadena. Needless to say, I’m still waiting for that email. I would never want to stay at this hotel again, the Westin maybe… in another city, another state, but definitely not this particular hotel.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk to make sure there is clean bedding in the room. Also ask them for a room with a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jessica A
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us the feedback from your visit. I sincerely apologize for the condition that you found your room. I assure you that i am perplexed by your comments as they do not represent our normal feedback. I would also assure you that we have very high compliance with the brand standards for Westin. I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you to the Westin Pasadena and restore your faith in our brand.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

DEFINE IRONY. Being compelled to return to this property again given the history.

It was ironic indeed when the blind booking engine brought me back to a property that had caused me so much frustration in the past. Where I had found a bug in the bed and been ignored. Where management left themselves unavailable for hours with my going up and down the lift trying to find the gloriously unresponsive de facto ruler the housekeeping manager. Where the GM is more difficult to reach than any member of Congress.

This time through, it was a smoother trip -- but I give credit exclusively to the front desk check-in staff for that.

Ironically -- the GM replied on TripAdvisor to my previous review with the promise of doing better... and his staff did do better for us.

On check-in, I advised the front desk staff of our history and the promise of the GM and asked that he make contact with us during our stay and see just what better meant.

The check-in staff took the opportunity to pre-emptively upgrade us to a balcony room and give us breakfast coupons. He offered 2 drink coupons as well which we did not avail ourselves of. On check-out the same staffer told the check-out agent to waive the valet charges. It seems that this individual took the initiative to customer retention of a 6 year Starwood platinum that the GM and other managers never could or would.

The room itself was fine with a relaxing view. Westin beds are among the best of the 4-star chains.

The next morning we attended to breakfast. The food was tasty but our waiter was terrible and the plates were essentially thrown to the table loudly given the hurried pace as was the milk, syrup, etc. As he asked us how was our meal -- by the time I replied - he had left already. Maybe once is natural but how many times can one do this before the customer gets annoyed?

This type of how are you and leave in a tenth of a second was repeated a few times until I was furious..... and spoke to another waiter about it..... a frustrating experience.. but good eggs and waffles.

In the former trip which was reviewed here as well -- the GM took the time to reply... and yet when given the next chance to even leave a voicemail or drop a note card of apology -- -the GM was noticeable silent. The only party who understood the premise of customer retention was the check-in staff--- not the GM. Thus it seems his Grace - the GM of the property was too busy to offer a handshake with a total internal cost of zero dollars.

Oftentimes bad management behavior yields bad employee behavior--- in this case -- one wonders how the GM can continue to set such a poor example... and expressly thank the check in staff for seemingly be the exclusive member of the management team to care about the customer base and kudos to him on taking the initiative.

I think a second letter to the chairman is in order.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank B P
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Room was too small. Had to climb over bed to get to closet. No cell phone service in room. And room phones were broken. Never repaired after asking front desk 2x. Maid service stunk. Front desk was unhelpful, surly. Not sure how safe hotel is, lots or people in and out. Noisy at late hours. Car valets were the only bright spot. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jerry372
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Although it is sometimes hard to hear, negative feedback help us become better. Although I do not know the specifics about your experience, I am certainly disappointed that your stay fell below your expectations. We are very aware of the phone situation and are in the process of changing out all of our cordless phones with traditional phones. The cordless phones are always a problem. As far as being 'safe', I can assure you that although we are very busy and have a high volume of people 'in and out' of the hotel, it is quite safe. I am sorry that we will not have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is a standard issue chain hotel with all the promise of a little lux but delivers little in genuine comforts - people, cosines and warmth (people). It is expensive for what is offered at the base level, but with the typical Westin ultra-comfortable bed. If there is a meeting or a group visiting, it would be fine, but as a single visitor it lacks some warmth in the service and the overall ambiance. I am becoming less interested in large hotels and rediscovering the fun of the motel or boutique hotel environment perhaps. Services were fine; coffee and pastry for breakfast at a small price in the shop (attendant not interested in serving - it is a boring task, I agree). Close to Old Town Pasadena and lovely place to walk / sit in area, outdoor area at restaurant is lovely in the early evening. In all, it is standard up-market, chain hotel; large, distant and a little chilly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business