“Perfect”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lake Tahoe
“Perfect”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed here for business three times in the last two weeks. Each time I was upgraded to an insane suite. Staff was excellent. Food was much better than average. Great gym and pool. Also there is a sauna and steam room. Much better than average Westin. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Beg, borrow, or steal for the governor's suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hotel was nice and clean. The service was good but the checking-in was very slow. Many people waiting in line and not enough counters open.The room was clean and roomy. Great location, Overall very good hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nope
Reviewed September 5, 2013

How do I begin I was in town to celebrate my fiancé's birthday, I called the night before to try to see if I could check-in early to set-up things, I was reassured that it shouldn't be a problem but to call the next day for availability, so I came the next day greeted by a smiling agent by the name of Natalie( hope I spelled it right) name tag said in training very warm and pleasant gave me the amenities of the hotel and showed me to my room where I had a great view and fantastic room. I had a few request which was sent right up without hesitation, a little problem with the TV remote. their shuttle guy Austin or Oscar was super nice and accommodating but the highlight was when I called down that night very last minute at like 10:30p and I realized I didn't have a cake the guest service agent said not to worry and sent up champagne and cake. which my fiancé ate and devoured without sharing He felt special and I am glad I stayed their will definitely be back soon, by the way Kyle gave a late check-out which am thankful for, when I called earlier that morning I spoke to an agent and before I could explain why I needed a late check-out he said no late checkout without hesitation,12p was the latest.... rude.... kuttos to Natalie Maria, Kyle and Tina and the night auditor that worked the early am of 8/3/2013.. I believe Starwood should recognize you. great staff very clean hotel

Room Tip: room 1112 is perfect for view and location very quite aside from the housekeepers being loud and ghe...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Westin gives you the option to self park your car for $9.00 a night, if you leave the parking lot you will be charged another $9.00 to enter the parking lot again. They charge $14.00 for valet parking, you can leave and return and still be charged $14.00.

We stayed 6 nights and was charged for valet parking every night. I only valet parked 1 night.
Made multiple calls to the hotel to correct the bill. It is a nightmare being transfered to billing department, and you only get a recording for them to return your call. They have yet to return my calls to correct the bill. I also asked to speak to the manager and was told the manager was not available to speak with.

Will have to dispute the charges with my credit card company. They nickle and dime you for everything. They charge for local calls, internet $12 a night, refrigerator $10 a night, bottled water.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Richie3f2
Timothy L, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback ragarding your stay. I sincerely apologize for the trouble that you have had with your valet billing. We strive to provide excellent customer service before, during and after your stay with us. I am sorry that we have been so difficult to contact to resolve your billing issue. I hope that we can resolve it to renew your faith in us and be able to welcome you back int he future.
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Busy, typical Westin quality hotel. Great downtown location with picturesque City Hall nearby. Parking a bit pricy and a hassle.Wife and I attacked by spider(s).[--] Happens. Manager very responsive. Would stay there again. Pasadena is a decent, upscale city, less conservative than I thought with some cool eating/drinking spots.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was nice and clean, but the service on many occasions was super slow. They were not super busy either. I was put on hold for 15 min by reception when I called down to extend my stay. I called 30 min in advance to have my car pulled up at 9:00 and when I got out there, my car was not there and I had to wait 5 min when I was running late to a meeting. Lastly I had to wait for a check at the restraint for quite a long time. Staff was always cautious and friendly though and I will stay there again. They just need to speed things up a tad.

• Stayed August 2013
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Business trip, two nights at this hotel.

It's a Westin so we are looking at the standard fare- like the beds, bedding, soaps and those Westin shower heads- always nice in the morning.

Always a bit short on the extras in the bathrooms like Q-tips and perhaps a more gently scented moisturizer- between the soap, shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer, God help you if you try to put on after shave/cologne or perfume afterwards....an olfactory train wreck.

Special mention to the gym which was very plesant and a cute and attractive pool I (for a change) wouldnt mind swimming in or hanging out at.

Parking is a bit of gip- especially if you self park- so go valet....for 5 bucks more you can take the car out as much as you want- self park it's 9dollars every time.....

Would return and would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business