“Downtown Pasadena Perfect”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Goodrich, Michigan
“Downtown Pasadena Perfect”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've stayed at a few hotels in Pasadena, and if you like to walk to restaurants, coffee shops, book stores etc. - this is the place to stay- I've also stayed at the Langham , which was spectacular , but I like to get out and walk without having to call for my vehicle and the Westin is the best downtown hotel to do that. I've also stayed at the Hilton and the Westin is way better. The pool is great and the staff was nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We recently had to travel on two different occasions to funerals and chose to stay at the Westin Pasadena each time. We were greeted by a friendly staff, from the front desk to the maid service. Everyone who works at this hotel should be recognized for their top-notch customer service skills. We would like to specifically name Mark the Bellman...amazing guy. Very helpful and friendly. Tina at the front desk was amazing. She made sure our trip was a pleasant one. Trisha in the restaurant was very helpful and a pleasure to meet. The Westin Pasadena should be very proud of the staff in their hotel. Oh, and while the hotel is beautiful and very comfortable, it's the staff that made an unpleasant trip a memorable one. We will stay at the Westin again for this very reason. Thank you to the amazing staff of the Westin!!! The Keane Family

Room Tip: Patio rooms are especially nice if you like to sit out and read
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Irvine, California
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Let's begin with this: Westin Pasadena, we love you!
My boyfriend and I stumbled across this little gem when we came on a double-date trip in May and booked our next trip here, while we were still here. We arrived at the location around 3 and they checked us into our rooms right away. Zero waiting, point one.
My boyfriend and I ended up in a basic room with a window, but regardless, everything was smartly built and spacious. The sheets, pillows, bed were COMFORTABLE. My boyfriend and I are picky people when it comes to sleep and rest, and the Westin did not lack in this department at all. Good night's rest and wanting to steal the entire set-up for ourselves, point two.
I won't lie, the pool is small. But it's situated right next to a very nice exercising facility, showers (yes with curtains, shampoo and conditioner), steam room and sauna. And top of that, there's killer views, sitting in the pool or hot tub at night. By the way, there is an operating bar and foods place right next to the pool during the day. Appropriate and extensive accommodations, point three.
Yes, the valet/parking is a bit expensive, but did you know there was a shuttle that drops you and picks you up within a 3-mile radius? Our friends and my boyfriend and I made a "short" walk down to the McDonald's... I still don't know to this day how far it really was, but needless to say, we would've been late for our check-out if this shuttle did not come and pick us up, haha! And location-wise, this place is great! Last night my boyfriend and I walked down through Old Town Pasadena, and back and got an eyeful of the night-scene, packed restaurants and characters. We never even had to get into our car to go to dinner or pick up last-minute goods such as water or candy. Location, convenience and service- point four.
Last, but not least, we have a rescue puppy that we haven't fully weaned off separation anxiety. It's hard for us to find places that have reasonable fees/deposits for pets, and a NICE on at that. Ladies and gentlemen, pet-lovers everywhere- the Westin is pet-friendly and lo and behold, no charge- just a waiver. We have a very-well trained dog, she never has had an accident and she doesn't bark, so this was FAIR for us and we agreed very much so with the policy that as long as there's no mess or complaints, we won't be forced to pay an arm and a leg. By the way, there's a beautiful courtyard with fountains, soft grass and shady trees that our puppy just loved relaxing in. Pain-free, hassle-free, fair, and accommodating, point five.
My boyfriend and I will be returning to this Westin every opportunity we have for vacation. The town itself is so beautiful, the Westin was just the frosting on the cake for us- this is our IDEAL vacation. Point and case: we just spent the first night of our second vacation here, and we've already booked our next trip here. And I've also given my first five-star review on TripAdvisor for a hotel, right here and right now. Thanks, Westin- see you soon! :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
AZ
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Driving up at check out time was confusing. The driveway is tight and valet parking exits right into the chaos. "Financially fortunate" people with their expensive cars loading and unloading, displaying their entitlement issues like they were rare gems. Wedding guests in a rush to get settled in and ready for the early evening wedding at adjacent location. Me with 2 small dogs, the many bags of a 2 month road trip and a teenaged daughter. This was the opening scene. Gold level SPG member, so I was quickly dispatched to a room. Hotel decor is current. The rooms were large and the bed was Heavenly bed by Westin. Plenty of room for dog kennels and all our stuff. Bathroom was nice. 2 headed shower with large ledges for shampoo etc.

Towels decent.

Included a separate vanity style double sided mirror w magnification. Loved that.

Pool small but nice. Workout room truly above average.

Dog walk area was one of the best. Grassy, clean of poop, shaded, cooler temperatures due to fountains nearby.

Room service menu above average. Restaurant average for this type of hotel. We declined housekeeping and got $5 off food. Make your own bed and hang your own towels and get $5. Sign me up.

Gift shop lacking. No trash cans in lobby or near elevators which I found odd.

Really nice lobby living room. Wanted to have a sit but didn't.

Had to wait for bellman at checkout. There was some confusion about the car valet. But once I figured that out we were on our way quickly.

Will stay here again when in Pasadena.

• Stayed June 2013
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had never stayed in a Westin before, but this hotel made me a big fan of the chain. It is a beautiful property and I loved the entire stay. The outdoor terrace is amazing to have a drink at night. I also really liked the location, Pasadena is such a great place to stay when in L.A.
The only thing I disliked was the overpriced breakfast, but there are many nice and cheaper places to have breakfast in Pasadena.
Overall, I will definitely come back to this hotel.

Green Features: It was nice that you could earn points for not having your room cleaned. Unfortunately, those points were never added to my account.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed 1 night in order to run the Pasadena Half Marathon and arrived to find an oasis! The hotel is beautiful with an elegant lobby, ballrooms, lovely convenience shop and located amongst several restaurants. Let me list the top amazing features:
1) Complimentary shuttle anywhere within 3mi of the hotel
2) Dual shower heads in the bathroom
3) GIANT screen TV in room
4) Starbucks coffee in the room
5) $5 option if you forgot/didn't want to pack your workout clothes to have a New Balance outfit (including shoes) sent to your room
6) Rooftop pool and hot tub with great gym to workout overlooking the mountains
7) 3PM optional checkout time on Sunday! Amazing!
8) Extremely clean rooms and Westin signature bed - that bed is incredible

Those are some of the features off hand. THE BEST part of my stay- they had a complimentary shuttle to and from the hotel for the half marathon I ran. The Pasadena Half Marathon is a great local race and to have a shuttle available to drop you at the start about 2 blocks away AND pick you up...well needless to say I was impressed. It really illustrated how the hotel went above and beyond to make sure its guests were taken care of. Not to mention every employee of the hotel was so pleasant and personable. Great place!

Room Tip: Go for the King Size bed!
Green Features: They made sure that you knew what options you had in order to be environmentally friendly throughout the room. The showers have dual shower heads and one was turned off with directions on how to turn it on and you had instructions on how often you'd want your linens washed, etc.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
California
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I love the Westin Hotel chains. This stay was so-so. We arrived and asked the front desk where our room was located and if there was a possibility to change it. She informed us that they were all booked and it was the only room. (it was a Wednesday evening at 5pm.) So we went to our room which was right above an outdoor loud exhaust fan. So we called the front desk to see if there were any other rooms available. They had one other room, across the hall on the same floor. Didn't want that one because it was across from the ice machine. So my husband called the front desk and "suddenly" they had availability on another floor. So it all worked out for us to move to another location. Our final location was better - just across the hall from the room service storage and work areas, so mornings were kind of loud, but it was ok. You have to pay for internet, which was VERY slow. But they did return that charge for that day it was slow.

Other than that, everything else was pretty smooth. They have a great restaurant on site with amazing food. The pool area is pretty good - a bit small, but enough for a dip if you want to cool off while you lay out. The location of the hotel is great, just a block from major shopping and eating, and rooms on one side have a great view of the town hall dome.

Overall, a nice stay, but it wasn't the best I've had at the Westin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple