“I'd happily stay here again!”

The Westin Pasadena
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 21, 2008

We just spent three nights at the Westin Pasadena in an Executive King room. It was enormous, clean, and very comfortable. The bathroom was oversized with a dual showerhead and extra towels. I did hear just a bit of street noise even on the 8th floor so it seems that the very low floors could be noisy. I didn't see the standard rooms but I'd guess that the executive upgrade is easily worth the $30.

Service was always pleasant and efficient, from the front desk to the bar to the restaurant, which includes a lovely patio. Breakfast was speedy and very tasty, although the staff seemed overwhelmed by the number of guests on Sunday morning. There is a shuttle that will take you within reasonable distances of the hotel and then return to pick you up. There's a mini-mart attached to the gas station across the street...but I'd steer clear late in the evening as it was a bit dodgy.

The only suggestions I'd make would be to upgrade the toiletries (they're cheap and generic) and the TV. Also, Westin hotels still charge an unbelievable amount (I think it was $12 per day) for internet access, with no free access even in common areas...hotels of lower standard seem to be able to offer free wireless, so it's baffling that Westin haven't progressed past this yet.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,413)

Reviewed May 18, 2008

This is a gorgeous and very tranquil hotel. There is an air at this hotel that relaxes you. The service is fantastic in this hotel, yet not lightning fast, it goes along with the pace of the hotel.

The front desk service is polite & helpful.

Rooms are well furnished and roomy. An easy place for a couple of people to lay out there stuff for a few days.

Location is perfect. You can easily walk to all things Pasadena in the Old Town area. However if you do not want to leave, the bar area is quite attractive and the drinks are well-made.

I would recommend staying over the Westin Bonaventure, if you enjoy Westin's any time. If you have business in many parts of LA, this hotel is really not that far out of the way. And if you need to get downtown, the train that goes to Union Station is within easy walking distance.

Great for families on vacation who want to enjoy taking in a very nice city, or business travelers alike! Also, I could see locals stopping in at the bar for a drink for a relaxed, quiet nite!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2008

I stayed here with a friend who was in from out of town. From tirpadvisor it's rated the best hotel here in Pasadena. I've stayed in many Starwood properties around the world, many of them have been Westins, this one was nothing special. No hot water pressure at all. I called the desk and they sent the handman over, he did his work and said it was fixed. He lied, he never did anything, I called again and he came back. He then said it could not be fixed. He called his boss and the boss then told us we could move rooms. He moved us to a much smaller room for the same price. Employees here are not friendly at all. Never staying here agian.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank Marquitos
Reviewed May 13, 2008

We stayed at the Westin Pasadena for an anniversary stay. We had a great time in Pasadena that was made very comfortable by our stay at the Westin. Our room, number 301 had a very comfortable king size bed with a lot of light. The room and bathroom were very clean. Staff was excellent and very responsive to all of our requests. The "Westin Workout" facilities and pool were excellent. All the equipment looked very new, was clean and well-maintained. The hotel pool had plenty of lounge chairs as well as shade with a very nice view of downtown Pasadena.

The location was excellent. We walked to all the shopping and restaurant districts. Plus we wanted to tour the Gamble House and Hunington Library and Gardens-both very close. We would gladly return to the Westin for a visit.

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed April 24, 2008

My son and I just returned from a college visit and stayed at the Westin Pasadena. I will absolutely NOT stay there again. Upon our arrival I had the feeling the room was not really clean. I was correct. The second morning while getting ready I unrolled a face towel and found it was completely soiled. It made my stomach turn. In general the bathroom did not feel clean, nor did the bed linens. I have traveled all over the world and am not a hotel snob. I enjoy local color, character, and culture. I have stayed in very modest hotels in small towns in Europe and Central and South America. Even the most modest can be clean!

I use Tripadvisor a lot and rely on it's reviews. The first thing that popped into my mind, after I mentioned this to the from desk, was to make note of this on the web sight.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank phototraveler60
Reviewed March 28, 2008

It is a very update and modern hotel with nice features, spacious rooms.

We checked in for a four day stay and must agree not to expect upgrades or perks.

The food is good, but not great. The prices are way too high for the restaurants and room service for what you get. but.... there are great restaurants in walking distance.

The free shuttle left us standing on the street for 55 minutes at 10:30 PM and four phone calls - they didn't have a driver at the moment even though it runs through midnight. They kept telling us it would be there in 10-15 minutes. In the mornings the shuttle would often be out and you would have to wait a long time for it as well.

Nice place, but be aware of what to expect. The staff are ok, but not exceeding expectations.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2008

Very nice hotel. All of the staff are very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are clean and quiet. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family