“Good standard place, good value, good staff”

Comfort Inn Near Pasadena Civic Auditorium
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed April 10, 2012

An older property, three floors, outside corridors, elevator. Room pretty much standard Comfort Inn, but comfortable, well-equipped, completely clean. Free breakfast also standard, but fresh, eggs, bread, cereal, waffles, all the basics. Location is good, though nothing is really walking distance (including the "nearby" Civic Auditorium, and nearby dining options are virtually nonexistent (2 of 3 I checked that were mentioned on the hotel's "nearby restaurants" list were out of business). But everything worked well for me. Bonus points to the staff, who were exceptionally friendly, helpful, and efficient. I've stayed here before (which the staff seemed to know, even though it was years ago) and would choose it again. If you're visiting the Huntington Gardens or Caltech, it's very convenient.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank hillretiree

Reviewed March 28, 2012

The room was comfortable. The breakfast was pretty good. They served waffles, cereal, muffins, yogurt, etc. Staff was ok.. Not overly friendly. When we returned home , we had Unauthorized charges on our credit card and the hotel was the only place we used it during our stay. The credit card company investigated and did not charge us for the fraudulent charges. Be wary, when you pay. Would not stay there again .. Not very close to where our meetings were.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Broncosfn
ComfortInnPasadena, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Pasadena Civic Auditorium, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Hello just want to start off by saying thank you for your business and we appreciate your stay here at the comfort inn Pasadena near civic auditorium. The unauthorized charges are actually authorizations from the nights you were here. It is a procedure every hotel must follow in order to check in guest. the autherizations can take anywhere from 3 days to a week from checkout for authorization to be released from bank. The reason the bank did not charge you the ch arges is because there was never charges to begin with since autherization is just pending and not an actual charge. Since this review was only written couple days ago, you must allow time for bank to release funds back into account. Online statement will show pending after few days the pending will clear but it needs to be given time. We were completely unaware of this situation since customer did not make effort to contact us and let us know so we can explain the autherization process. We do have sign in the front lobby when you register stating all cards will be authorized for security reasons. It is a simple procedure all hotels go through in order to let a guest stay in any of the rooms. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused. We hope someday to earn your business again.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

This was the second visit to this Comfort Inn. Same great service from the front desk staff. Room was clean and comfortable. I arrived the day of severe high winds that caused major damage throughout the city. The hotel staff was outside raking up the storm damage as I was checking in.

Room Tip: Both times I stayed on the second floor. No problem at all.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank chris1916
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I'm not usually a big fan of hotels with outdoor corridors because oftentimes they're a little run down. Not this one. The up keep on the grounds was a plus. There were flowers and trees and a freshly paved parking lot. The room was clean. The breakfast was assorted and well stocked. The guy at the front desk let me borrow his screwdriver set so I could work on my computer. One of the best parts was that it's within walking distance to all kinds of things so you don't have to schlep around looking for a bite to eat you can just walk a block or so. I'm giving this place two thumbs up. Not bad at all for an outdoor corridor hotel. It's all about the details and the management of this hotel understands that.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank HandsumMuscle
Reviewed January 28, 2011

I have spent 3 years out of the last 4 at this motel for a total of about 20 days. I was completely satisfied with my room. It was large, clean, and pleasant. I only had one problem and that was a faulty remote control. If I return in 2010 and stay in Pasadena I will stay here. I was totally satisfied with it and had none of the problems I have read in the other reviews.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Kayo22
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Needed a hotel in Pasadena for the night. The Comfort Inn desk clerk (young man) was friendly and found me a room quick and a reasonable rate. The room was basic. I just needed a place to get a good nights sleep before the long drive home in the morning. The hotel was quiet. Room clean. Breakfast provided was great, made waffles. I would stay here again. There is a good little pizza place about 2 block east.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank chris1916
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I remember saying "Comfort Inn usually does not disappoint" in one of my previous reviews. This Comfort Inn certainly shattered that belief. This Comfort Inn is probably a Rodeway Inn with a flat-panel TV at best. The service was oh-so-terrible. The clerks at check-in and check-out made almost no eye contact nor smile. I felt as if they were doing me a favor by checking me in/out. The pool is nearly as small as a bathtub and the fitness room is anything but. How can Choice Hotels allow such a poor quality motel be called a "Comfort Inn" is beyond me.

Anyway, the worst part is the bed and air conditioning. If you sleep anywhere near the air conditioning unit, you'll be freezing throughout the night. If you sleep just one-person space away from it, it's hot and uncomfortable. The sheets are very low quality sheets that are often found in Rodeway Inn. I tossed and turned all night long.

The only good part of this stay is the breakfast, which was at par with other Comfort Inn. That's the only reason I give this place 2 stars. I would not stay here again, and if Comfort Inn continues to disappoint, I will consider staying at other inns.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family