All reviews continental breakfast rose parade hard boiled eggs parade route colorado blvd old town pasadena aaron
Selected filters
Reviewed April 20, 2019

I spent this past weekend in Pasadena CA for the annual 3 day Monsterpalooza convention at the Pasadena Convention Center. I booked this hotel kinda of late about a week in advance as I was unsure I would be attending this year. It was fairly inexpensive at about $110.00 a night with tax. I used Booking.com to make my reservation. We arrived on Friday afternoon and left on Monday morning. This Ramada is located about 2 miles from the convention center. The site does not have a hotel shuttle so I took my car to and from the convention. There are plenty of restaurants locate on and around Colorado Blvd some with in walking distance of the hotel i.e. fast food and fine dining. The room was good and adequate. Because I booked late I had to take what was available. That's what I get for procrastinating. I wasn't sure I was going to attend this years Monsterpalooza. Our room was located on the 3rd floor but fortunately the site has an elevator. Being on the 3rd floor meant we didn't have people stomping above us and the 3rd floor was generally quiet at night. The room it did smell of cigarette smoke but it was clean as was the bathroom. Our beds mattress and pillows were in good shape. My only complaints of the room is the smell of old cigarettes smoke and the coffee pods they have for the in room coffee maker those were horrible. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the Continental breakfast was good i.e. your standard waffle maker, dry cereal & milk, hard boiled eggs, pastries, fruit and brewed coffee. There is an on site store for personal needs and snacks.

Room tip: If you need quiet book a room on the top floor. Leave your car on site and use Uber or Lyft.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2019

I understand there are cheap hotels out there, but when you take people's money and will not provide adequate warm water to shower in, you are a slum lord. The water barely trickled out of the shower and if you turned the knob for the warm water, even less flowed out. The mattresses should have been changed out a couple of years ago because you can feel every spring when you sit on it. It is really unethical to advertise a service, such as a hotel, when you can't provide the bare minimum of comforts. At best, it's a hostel. No rules if you have kids. There were some in the room next to me up all night, screaming and slamming doors and nobody seemed to care that they were annoying.

Room tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2019

just needed a room for a few nights without breaking the bank. No major problems on this stop although the carpet in the room had several stains which was a turnoff. Bathroom was adequate. Breakfast okay for what it is, nothing great but not terrible. Parking was adequate for our stay and free.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed February 5, 2019

If I had a choice I would of given them a ZERO. Hotel staff is not friendly - Our 1st room the TV sound didn’t work and the internet didn’t work. Requested a new room. The internet NEVER worked in that room either. The heater wouldn’t work unless the lights were on. So we slept with the lights on all night. Shower dripped all night. Overall, hotel in both the common areas and rooms are subpar and not clean. Breakfast is mostly cereal and staff is not attentive to clean up or refill items. Next time I will be choosing a different hotel when I stay in Pasadena.

Room tip: Don’t choice this hotel or any rooms they offer.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2019

Anyone thinking about staying here, BEWARE. The room was dirty, the TV didn’t work. There was a wade of chewed gum on the cups on the bathroom sink.

I was told my $50 deposit on my credit card would be refunded, it wasn’t’ and another $7 was tacked on. Other reviews have mentioned this previously.

The final delight was the condom in the bedside dresser.

Room tip: Don’t stay there
Date of stay: January 2019